ramus
07-03 04:52 PM
What did you put in the subject field.. It is very important to have right words in subject field so at least they will open the email and see what's in it..
Dear Senator,
After having spent thousands of dollars in legal counsel, medical tests, documentations, affidavits and many days of hurried preparation to file adjustment of status (AOS) for my green card application, USCIS has pulled a fast one me and the legal high skilled community.
On June 13th 2007, Department Of State indicated visa availability for all applicants starting July 1st causing thousands of prospective legal high skilled immigrants to prepare their applications only to be surprised on the very first day (July 2nd) with rejections due to apparent exhaustion of existing visas.
This unprecented and possibly illegal action on part of USCIS, has left high skilled immigrants like myself in a limbo. We are wondering what we have done to be wronged in this way. I am a law abiding, tax paying resident contributing to the economy.
Please help us in overcoming this situation. We definetly do not deserve such treatment for having followed the law in the land of opportunity on the eve of independence day.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
Dear Senator,
After having spent thousands of dollars in legal counsel, medical tests, documentations, affidavits and many days of hurried preparation to file adjustment of status (AOS) for my green card application, USCIS has pulled a fast one me and the legal high skilled community.
On June 13th 2007, Department Of State indicated visa availability for all applicants starting July 1st causing thousands of prospective legal high skilled immigrants to prepare their applications only to be surprised on the very first day (July 2nd) with rejections due to apparent exhaustion of existing visas.
This unprecented and possibly illegal action on part of USCIS, has left high skilled immigrants like myself in a limbo. We are wondering what we have done to be wronged in this way. I am a law abiding, tax paying resident contributing to the economy.
Please help us in overcoming this situation. We definetly do not deserve such treatment for having followed the law in the land of opportunity on the eve of independence day.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
JA1HIND
02-12 01:38 PM
Does it mean that till Oct 08 bulletin there is no point to expect anything for India EB2?
I suspect VB in Oct08 might be good for EB2...if you look at the below copied "Archived Visa Bulletin" URL and I see month of October is always been a fruitful month for EB2 (Employment Based) and I am thinking this year Oct 08 will also show us some good updates...
Check this URL:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
October 2007: EB2 - 01APR04
October 2006: EB2 - 15JUN02
October 2005: EB2 - 01NOV99
October 2004: EB2 - C (Current)
I suspect VB in Oct08 might be good for EB2...if you look at the below copied "Archived Visa Bulletin" URL and I see month of October is always been a fruitful month for EB2 (Employment Based) and I am thinking this year Oct 08 will also show us some good updates...
Check this URL:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
October 2007: EB2 - 01APR04
October 2006: EB2 - 15JUN02
October 2005: EB2 - 01NOV99
October 2004: EB2 - C (Current)
_TrueFacts
09-04 12:49 PM
Just one quick question�?
If you get a chance as politician, Can you say you will not do any corruption? If some try to kill you, if you have power, will you be remain silent �?
Facts:
Hope you got the point here.
Sreedhar,
I agree with your comments.
In India, politics have been used to amass money, wealth and YSR has used his position for killings, land grabbing, scams etc.,
Make money the right way, no one stops any one. Where is the end to corrupt means? Yesterday YSR, today his Son. The biggest problem today India is facing is, people involved in policy making deeply submerged in corruption.
There should not be an excuse on comparison. If today we don�t condemn, tomorrow we will be affected. And being here we have to set an example to other people out there in India, living and working in USA is an experience that can�t be valued on paper.
If you get a chance as politician, Can you say you will not do any corruption? If some try to kill you, if you have power, will you be remain silent �?
Facts:
Hope you got the point here.
Sreedhar,
I agree with your comments.
In India, politics have been used to amass money, wealth and YSR has used his position for killings, land grabbing, scams etc.,
Make money the right way, no one stops any one. Where is the end to corrupt means? Yesterday YSR, today his Son. The biggest problem today India is facing is, people involved in policy making deeply submerged in corruption.
There should not be an excuse on comparison. If today we don�t condemn, tomorrow we will be affected. And being here we have to set an example to other people out there in India, living and working in USA is an experience that can�t be valued on paper.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
ajay
07-07 07:17 AM
There are several threads discussing this topic, but I have not been able to get a firm answer for my case.
I have an approved I 140. I waited for six months after applying for 485 and accepted a job with another employer. I am working for this employer on H1B.
I now have a visa valid till 2011.
My confusion arises here -
I am planning to go for a vacation to India and understandbly due to PIMS delays do not want to get my new H1 stamped.
Can I use my AP to enter the country and continue to work using my H1?
I know from this forum that many people have returned on AP and continued to work on H1, but in their case they are still working for the original Green Card sponsor.
All my excitement about going on vacation has dimmed because of this confusing factor.
Any inputs will be greatly apprecaited.
I have an approved I 140. I waited for six months after applying for 485 and accepted a job with another employer. I am working for this employer on H1B.
I now have a visa valid till 2011.
My confusion arises here -
I am planning to go for a vacation to India and understandbly due to PIMS delays do not want to get my new H1 stamped.
Can I use my AP to enter the country and continue to work using my H1?
I know from this forum that many people have returned on AP and continued to work on H1, but in their case they are still working for the original Green Card sponsor.
All my excitement about going on vacation has dimmed because of this confusing factor.
Any inputs will be greatly apprecaited.
more...
STAmisha
10-03 10:28 PM
1. You need to submit original transcripts and notarised copies of degree certs
2. I requseted my current employer to give it. I quoted that I need them for applying to university
3. I did my pictures from wolf camera. I took the photo instructions to them. They made exactly like that.
I just got my PR approved and I got my passports back with visas.
2. I requseted my current employer to give it. I quoted that I need them for applying to university
3. I did my pictures from wolf camera. I took the photo instructions to them. They made exactly like that.
I just got my PR approved and I got my passports back with visas.
jsb
06-04 01:17 PM
Instead of Interim GC we should demand that once Labor and I-140 is approved remove the restriction wherein a person has to stay in same job type until GC approved in other words allow the person to take any job while I-485 is pending. This will be a big benefit and logically makes sense. If this happens than GC wait will not pigeon hole people's career in one job and allow them to grow and contribute to economy.
This benefit already exists under AC21 (after 180 days of filing). Allowing you to ditch sponsoring employer on the first day of filing I-485 defeats the whole idea of employer sponsorship.
This benefit already exists under AC21 (after 180 days of filing). Allowing you to ditch sponsoring employer on the first day of filing I-485 defeats the whole idea of employer sponsorship.
more...
kate123
09-24 10:35 AM
I pray for this to happen... we will atleast get EAD and can change jobs....
I believe that to maintain a steady 485 EB2-I queue the dates should advance fairly fast till maybe the end of 2007 much sooner than September. Following are the reasons, 6 months back probably there were less pre-adjudicated applications so the focus was reviewing and completing these cases, now most of the applications are pre-adjudicated and the route for steady approvals looks clear like what has happened in Sep 2009 for 2004 cases. There will be a time if the spillover happens as many have predicted then most of the cases will get approved and the pre-adjudicated applications will be less or even dry out, so in the letter and spirit I feel that the 485 pipeline should be equally populated at all steps, considering that the 485 approval process is long and has several steps. This year represents great hope for people who missed Jul 07; I guess its time for the next batch to get EAD/AP, I hope Iam not being over optimistic. Feedback and comments welcome for all.
I believe that to maintain a steady 485 EB2-I queue the dates should advance fairly fast till maybe the end of 2007 much sooner than September. Following are the reasons, 6 months back probably there were less pre-adjudicated applications so the focus was reviewing and completing these cases, now most of the applications are pre-adjudicated and the route for steady approvals looks clear like what has happened in Sep 2009 for 2004 cases. There will be a time if the spillover happens as many have predicted then most of the cases will get approved and the pre-adjudicated applications will be less or even dry out, so in the letter and spirit I feel that the 485 pipeline should be equally populated at all steps, considering that the 485 approval process is long and has several steps. This year represents great hope for people who missed Jul 07; I guess its time for the next batch to get EAD/AP, I hope Iam not being over optimistic. Feedback and comments welcome for all.
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
ryan
08-17 12:34 PM
I cannot believe there are 9 pages (and counting) worth of sentiments, because some lame talentless guy was subject to security checks at an International Airport. I'm someone who was born India, but never lived there - however I'd think there are incredibly talented Indians here in America and worldwide compared to someone who's used to blatant exploitation / sell out of Indian culture. The guy is a disgrace. And some of you, please stop rolling over to play the 'victim' in any given post.
You do not need to 'stand-up' for Shahruk Khan. Stand up for yourself, for every - everyday Indian Joe & Jane who've travelled from their hometowns to make a living and for a future. Stand up for the hero in you - not clownish make believe bollywood heroes.
You do not need to 'stand-up' for Shahruk Khan. Stand up for yourself, for every - everyday Indian Joe & Jane who've travelled from their hometowns to make a living and for a future. Stand up for the hero in you - not clownish make believe bollywood heroes.
more...
somegchuh
10-18 03:42 PM
What's your choice? Home Country and Canada. The choice isn't between US and Canada. If you had an option to live in US you wouldn't be talking about canada.
If you compare US to canada you are all set for disappointment. The taxes are higher and jobs are definitely harder to find. Eveything is a little more expensive compared to US. (If you look at books CDN prices are always higher). But on the other hand, houses are way cheaper. What cost 600 K in SF Bay Area costs 350 K in Toronto suburb.
Canada still has a higher standard of living than Europe/Australia. I recently met someone who's been in Canada for 40 years and he told me that the highest tax bracket is 35%. It used to be 45% about 10 years ago.
Anyway, compare with going back home not US.
Say even if you get the canadian PR, you have to pay tax's close to 45%.
Medical is free but unless you are really sick or anticipate being sick, I think its not much of value. And if you are in a decent comp in the US you get almost free care.
Also the job senario is not as good as its in the US. I heard its a lot more harder to get a job in Canada. Yes its true with PR you can work anywhere but how many of us will do that.
In fact one of my friend told me the cost of living is higher there.
I maybe naive and have limited knowledge about Canada, but from the above observations I think one will be disappointed to go to Canada from US.
If you compare US to canada you are all set for disappointment. The taxes are higher and jobs are definitely harder to find. Eveything is a little more expensive compared to US. (If you look at books CDN prices are always higher). But on the other hand, houses are way cheaper. What cost 600 K in SF Bay Area costs 350 K in Toronto suburb.
Canada still has a higher standard of living than Europe/Australia. I recently met someone who's been in Canada for 40 years and he told me that the highest tax bracket is 35%. It used to be 45% about 10 years ago.
Anyway, compare with going back home not US.
Say even if you get the canadian PR, you have to pay tax's close to 45%.
Medical is free but unless you are really sick or anticipate being sick, I think its not much of value. And if you are in a decent comp in the US you get almost free care.
Also the job senario is not as good as its in the US. I heard its a lot more harder to get a job in Canada. Yes its true with PR you can work anywhere but how many of us will do that.
In fact one of my friend told me the cost of living is higher there.
I maybe naive and have limited knowledge about Canada, but from the above observations I think one will be disappointed to go to Canada from US.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
fairman
08-16 12:26 PM
.....
Mamooty.. who is he?
One Mallu actor ( got national award etc.)
Mamooty.. who is he?
One Mallu actor ( got national award etc.)
more...
Widget
02-18 03:35 PM
I fully agree with you. the point is that we are not powerful (EB peopel) in order to force the gov to do something about it. The farmers, illegals, helathcare EB peopel are in much better situation than us (regular EB peopel).
My children are doing very well in schools and they are much better than any average student in the class and I can not take them back to my home country after they have achived good grades. My wife ca not work because she is an H4 holder, I can not take buy a house because I am not sure if I am going to have a job for more than 2 years.
it is a very difficult situation and I have to think about a back up plan after beeing in this situation since 2003. By the way, I an ROW H1 holder.
I have and approved I-140 (PD 01/2004) and I can not file for I-485.
I can only give examples from personal life. My personal examples lead me to believe that a lot of people, though aware of retrogression, are unaware of what it really means.
Six months ago, I thought that there was nobody opposing EB-based visa numbers. And I was pretty certain that my greencard would be handed to me in a few years.
Then I learnt about IV. And I learnt about the problems.
Then I tried to tell my friends about it at work. And the first reactions were 'Is the situation really that bad'?
So, there is definitely a huge group of people who don't know what retrogression really means, and how screwed they really are.
But again, these are personal examples. Maybe yours (people knowing about retrogression, and still not bothering about contributing/participating in IV) might have led you to a different conclusion.
My children are doing very well in schools and they are much better than any average student in the class and I can not take them back to my home country after they have achived good grades. My wife ca not work because she is an H4 holder, I can not take buy a house because I am not sure if I am going to have a job for more than 2 years.
it is a very difficult situation and I have to think about a back up plan after beeing in this situation since 2003. By the way, I an ROW H1 holder.
I have and approved I-140 (PD 01/2004) and I can not file for I-485.
I can only give examples from personal life. My personal examples lead me to believe that a lot of people, though aware of retrogression, are unaware of what it really means.
Six months ago, I thought that there was nobody opposing EB-based visa numbers. And I was pretty certain that my greencard would be handed to me in a few years.
Then I learnt about IV. And I learnt about the problems.
Then I tried to tell my friends about it at work. And the first reactions were 'Is the situation really that bad'?
So, there is definitely a huge group of people who don't know what retrogression really means, and how screwed they really are.
But again, these are personal examples. Maybe yours (people knowing about retrogression, and still not bothering about contributing/participating in IV) might have led you to a different conclusion.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
abracadabra102
09-03 09:20 PM
The epitaph,
"No better friend, No worse enemy"
fits YSR nicely.
"No better friend, No worse enemy"
fits YSR nicely.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
bobzibub
04-04 11:51 PM
I'm a computer guy. I just hear what is in the news. = )
hello bobzibub,
great to see someone welcoming immigrants. My wife is a dentist, licensed in one state of the USA. However she does not have a US DDS. She was licensed by the state as she has great experience and she passed all the tests needed. She has been very well practising dentistry for almost 2.5-3 years now in the US. However, Canada does not let internationally trained dentists get licensed without going to Canadian/American dental school. If you know of any place in CA which would license my wife as she has more than 7 years of exp (4+in India, alomst 3 in USA) and had passed all exams (Board, licensing etc etc), please let me know. That is the single most imp reason for me to still hang im here.
hello bobzibub,
great to see someone welcoming immigrants. My wife is a dentist, licensed in one state of the USA. However she does not have a US DDS. She was licensed by the state as she has great experience and she passed all the tests needed. She has been very well practising dentistry for almost 2.5-3 years now in the US. However, Canada does not let internationally trained dentists get licensed without going to Canadian/American dental school. If you know of any place in CA which would license my wife as she has more than 7 years of exp (4+in India, alomst 3 in USA) and had passed all exams (Board, licensing etc etc), please let me know. That is the single most imp reason for me to still hang im here.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
at0474
12-14 04:29 PM
Dakota Newfie,
I understand your concern. But be rest assured that we are not going anywhere with this flawed concept; "we are discriminated because we are not given green cards!". When frustration is at work, commonsense goes on vacation.
Also, IMHO, majority of indians posting here are taking it for granted that IV and the website is purely indian. It is not intentional though.
I understand your concern. But be rest assured that we are not going anywhere with this flawed concept; "we are discriminated because we are not given green cards!". When frustration is at work, commonsense goes on vacation.
Also, IMHO, majority of indians posting here are taking it for granted that IV and the website is purely indian. It is not intentional though.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
xbohdpukc
02-12 08:25 PM
After reading through the forums, I understand the EB3-World needs to become current for any others to move forward.
But now I notice that EB3-World itself has stopped moving after jumping for some months. Any reasons? (The 245i is already cleared and now it is in Aug 02)
Is there any other 245is preventing it????
The demand for visa numbers is still being fed by both DOL backlog centers.
But now I notice that EB3-World itself has stopped moving after jumping for some months. Any reasons? (The 245i is already cleared and now it is in Aug 02)
Is there any other 245is preventing it????
The demand for visa numbers is still being fed by both DOL backlog centers.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
lvinaykumar
07-10 01:36 PM
I have applied for my Canadian PR. once it comes close i am going to look for a job too. But i still have some time for that ....
All the Best....
All the Best....
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
Jerrome
05-01 04:20 PM
What do you mean by some tamilians killed, almost 10 thousand people killed in 2 months.
Personally i don't believe 2000 terrorists could hold hostages of 3 or 4 lakh people for 2 years.
Do you know or read reports that daily 5000 bombs are dropped on civilian areas to make them to run towards the army.Do you know that the army poisoned the drinking water and people ran towards army without food or water and now they are in Nazi like camps.
It is not released by the LTTE but released by the UN.
No Second opinion about killing terrosists, but killing innocent people is not acceptable at any cost.
Personally i don't believe 2000 terrorists could hold hostages of 3 or 4 lakh people for 2 years.
Do you know or read reports that daily 5000 bombs are dropped on civilian areas to make them to run towards the army.Do you know that the army poisoned the drinking water and people ran towards army without food or water and now they are in Nazi like camps.
It is not released by the LTTE but released by the UN.
No Second opinion about killing terrosists, but killing innocent people is not acceptable at any cost.
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
chi_shark
09-23 12:44 PM
call them... they will set you up with a membership to NMFA... costs 20 bux a year... thats it... then apply for mortgage... call them first...
Can any of us join this credit union? It appears that one needs to satisfy any one of the 6 requirements (being related to US military) to be able to open an account with penfed. Please let us know if otherwise.
Can any of us join this credit union? It appears that one needs to satisfy any one of the 6 requirements (being related to US military) to be able to open an account with penfed. Please let us know if otherwise.
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
lahiribaba
06-18 01:44 AM
if you are doing a desk job and you beleive that it cannot be outsourced you are kidding yourself.. it is only a matter of time. With Cisco telepresence soon they would be able to even have the person sitting in bangalore occupy a cube down the aisle in a office in manhattan.
soljabhai
12-14 04:39 PM
Following text is from IV's about page
America has had per-country ceilings since decades on family based and diversity-lottery based visas and it makes sense to have uniform distribution of visas to countries where the basis for immigration is family relationship and family reunification. However, in the employment based immigration system, the petitioner is the employer who wants the retain the employee and facilitate employee retention based on skills, knowledge, education and talent. Employability has nothing to do country of birth. We do not allow employers to discriminate hiring based on their nationality or country of origin. Therefore, the employment-based immigration, which is a derivative benefit of employment, should also be free from rationing based on nationality or country of birth.
In other words IV itself holds the position challenging the merit of "Nationality Origin" in "Employment Based Green Cards"
America has had per-country ceilings since decades on family based and diversity-lottery based visas and it makes sense to have uniform distribution of visas to countries where the basis for immigration is family relationship and family reunification. However, in the employment based immigration system, the petitioner is the employer who wants the retain the employee and facilitate employee retention based on skills, knowledge, education and talent. Employability has nothing to do country of birth. We do not allow employers to discriminate hiring based on their nationality or country of origin. Therefore, the employment-based immigration, which is a derivative benefit of employment, should also be free from rationing based on nationality or country of birth.
In other words IV itself holds the position challenging the merit of "Nationality Origin" in "Employment Based Green Cards"
needhelp!
09-23 05:01 PM
FIRST lets just send out the emails as requested by IV (Yes, this is OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY IV initiative)
We will have all the time in the world to discuss the details.
We will have all the time in the world to discuss the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment