Jerrome
05-11 04:55 PM
Correct! And it is not even a "Civil War". It is really a war ti erradicate terrorism from Sri Lankan soil. The term Civil War refers to a war between people in a country. The SL government is not waging a war against it's Tamil citizens but against a terrorist group.
Whoever is supporting the SL govt. Do you deny these facts. From 1948 various SL govts been using different approaches and policies to discriminate Tamils in SL,Now it is in the name of fight against Terrorism.
Ever since independence in 1948, government policies have systematically violated the social, economic and cultural rights of Tamils: through the disenfranchisement of the Indian Tamils, through state sponsored colonization of the North-East by Sinhalese settlers, frequently accompanied by forceful eviction of Tamils, through a discriminatory language, education and recruitment policy which pursued but one aim: the Sinhalization of the state. Today, more than 90 % of civil servants, and 99 % of the security forces are Sinhalese. The politics of �positive discrimination� of the Sinhalese appears presently to be transformed into one of long-term exclusion of the Tamils because of proven incapacity. For what reasoning other than to eliminate the formerly superior Tamil competitiveness once and for all, while prolonging, even cementing Sinhala domination well into the next generation, can be adduced to explain the surplus of 14 000 Sinhala as against a shortage of 10 000 Tamil medium teachers, the lack of the most elementary school equipment (over 120 000 desks and chairs in the Vanni alone); a teacher pupil ratio of 70 to 1 in Tamil areas as against 22 to 1 for the rest of the country? The results of this outright violation of rights manifest themselves: in the competitive examinations for the Sri Lanka Accountant and the Administrative Service at most two Tamils were selected each year since the early 1990s!
Whoever is supporting the SL govt. Do you deny these facts. From 1948 various SL govts been using different approaches and policies to discriminate Tamils in SL,Now it is in the name of fight against Terrorism.
Ever since independence in 1948, government policies have systematically violated the social, economic and cultural rights of Tamils: through the disenfranchisement of the Indian Tamils, through state sponsored colonization of the North-East by Sinhalese settlers, frequently accompanied by forceful eviction of Tamils, through a discriminatory language, education and recruitment policy which pursued but one aim: the Sinhalization of the state. Today, more than 90 % of civil servants, and 99 % of the security forces are Sinhalese. The politics of �positive discrimination� of the Sinhalese appears presently to be transformed into one of long-term exclusion of the Tamils because of proven incapacity. For what reasoning other than to eliminate the formerly superior Tamil competitiveness once and for all, while prolonging, even cementing Sinhala domination well into the next generation, can be adduced to explain the surplus of 14 000 Sinhala as against a shortage of 10 000 Tamil medium teachers, the lack of the most elementary school equipment (over 120 000 desks and chairs in the Vanni alone); a teacher pupil ratio of 70 to 1 in Tamil areas as against 22 to 1 for the rest of the country? The results of this outright violation of rights manifest themselves: in the competitive examinations for the Sri Lanka Accountant and the Administrative Service at most two Tamils were selected each year since the early 1990s!
wallpaper on my MacBook Pro in both
pathmaker
02-12 12:05 PM
correction: EB3 ROW = 01JAN05 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!
Just 1.25 more year and I would have been current! Damn!!!!
are you dreaming ... India EB3 is 01AUG01
OMG!!!
Just 1.25 more year and I would have been current! Damn!!!!
are you dreaming ... India EB3 is 01AUG01
iv_only_hope
07-21 09:20 PM
Ron gotcher says dates will go back yesteryears:
"Most likely, India E2 will retrogress in October back to late 2002 or early 2003. Don't count on rapid forward movement in the future."
He says he got this from DOS.
What abt this?
PS: I am just asking not arguing.
"Most likely, India E2 will retrogress in October back to late 2002 or early 2003. Don't count on rapid forward movement in the future."
He says he got this from DOS.
What abt this?
PS: I am just asking not arguing.
2011 My Macbook Pro desktop
vdlrao
07-22 12:01 AM
The Thing is No Matter how much we go logically, but nobodys know which direction USCIS will take.
Not that I am contradicting your logic for calculations, i completely agree with your calculations.
USCIS TRYING ITS BEST, with the available resources, TO KEEP THE EMPLOYMENT BASED CATEGORY IN SHAPE.
BUT THE REASON FOR ALL THIS MESS IS ITS WORKING WITH DECADES OLD IMMIGRATION RULES and WITH a HUGE DEMAND OF EB VISAS FROM A VERY FEW COUNTRIES.
THE MESS IS WITH THE IMMIGRATION RULES, WHICH ARE WRITTEN DECADES BACK (MAY BE AT THAT TIME THE LAW MAKERS MIGHT NOT HAVE ASSUMED THE EB DEMAND WOULD BE FROM A FEW COUNTRIES LIKE INDIA and CHINA), BUT NOT WITH THE USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIME is REACHED FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM.
Not that I am contradicting your logic for calculations, i completely agree with your calculations.
USCIS TRYING ITS BEST, with the available resources, TO KEEP THE EMPLOYMENT BASED CATEGORY IN SHAPE.
BUT THE REASON FOR ALL THIS MESS IS ITS WORKING WITH DECADES OLD IMMIGRATION RULES and WITH a HUGE DEMAND OF EB VISAS FROM A VERY FEW COUNTRIES.
THE MESS IS WITH THE IMMIGRATION RULES, WHICH ARE WRITTEN DECADES BACK (MAY BE AT THAT TIME THE LAW MAKERS MIGHT NOT HAVE ASSUMED THE EB DEMAND WOULD BE FROM A FEW COUNTRIES LIKE INDIA and CHINA), BUT NOT WITH THE USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIME is REACHED FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM.
more...
desi3933
06-16 04:33 PM
Where did you get that 80k number? You think 80k is good salary for that job, someone else may say 65k, I may say 90k. The salary, among other things, is determined by market forces. If you can't find enough people with xyz then company will be forced to offer more.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company committing pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
>> I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market.
I am glad we are on the same page on this. It is employer who decides how much to pay. Employee decides whether to take the offer or not. Simple.
>> Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud.
Well, you can report the fraudulent activity. If one is wronged, he/she has option of legal route and claiming punitive damages.
>> The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living.
If my employer pays me less salary, I have option to move to another job. Just like my employer has option to fire me and replace with another qualified worker. Again, unless otherwise, I assume all actions are legal. I don't know about you, but when I came to USA, nobody give me assurance or guarantee that this job is future will pay me at least xx k per year so as to maintain quality of life. Here, two person of equal talent, could be earning 60k and 120k per year. It depends on your skill set, how do you sell yourself, and luck. An example - I have backgound both in Comp Science and Finance, so I look for opportunities where I can use both of them for effective leverage. If you think that I didn't face outsourcing challage or was not given pink slip, then you are wrong. As most professionals, I have seen good days and not-so-good days.
>> Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too.
With your admission, it is employer's choice on how much to pay. As long as law is followed, you or I can NOT decide on anyone else's salary.
>> For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future.
Bad things do happen. Projects get cancelled as Customer is no longer interested. Employer wants to move from Chicago to Dallas, that may prompt employee to look elsewhere. Some employers do not process green card at all (It happened to me, a Big Bank was not processing Green Cards in 1999). You assume all good and rosy will happen to guenine employers and good employees.
>> Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies.
Just as some employers with permanent positions are not good, there are some employers in Consulting and Outsourcing world that may be good. Let USCIS and other agencies determine who are genuine employers or not.
>> I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!
No sir. It is employer-employment based. If you don't have employer to back your I-140, how will get green card. Do you know there is a category - Eb3 skilled worker, where benefiery does not even need bachelor degree. What do you think, those people are "lucky". If so, please take your arguement to Senators and USCIS to restict GC for "merit based" only. Until then, as long as one is getting green card, as per current law, (again as per current law), who are we to complain?
GC is not IIT-JEE exam where there is only one classification. Clear the exam and get the admission. There are varoius categories from EB-1 (Rocket Scientist) to EB-4 (Priest). This is not one-size-fits-all.
We need to look at issues faced by EB based community from a distance and without the glasses of issues faced personally by us. Until then, it is fight that one is more deserving than the other.
.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company committing pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
>> I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is consummate with the market.
I am glad we are on the same page on this. It is employer who decides how much to pay. Employee decides whether to take the offer or not. Simple.
>> Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud.
Well, you can report the fraudulent activity. If one is wronged, he/she has option of legal route and claiming punitive damages.
>> The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living.
If my employer pays me less salary, I have option to move to another job. Just like my employer has option to fire me and replace with another qualified worker. Again, unless otherwise, I assume all actions are legal. I don't know about you, but when I came to USA, nobody give me assurance or guarantee that this job is future will pay me at least xx k per year so as to maintain quality of life. Here, two person of equal talent, could be earning 60k and 120k per year. It depends on your skill set, how do you sell yourself, and luck. An example - I have backgound both in Comp Science and Finance, so I look for opportunities where I can use both of them for effective leverage. If you think that I didn't face outsourcing challage or was not given pink slip, then you are wrong. As most professionals, I have seen good days and not-so-good days.
>> Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too.
With your admission, it is employer's choice on how much to pay. As long as law is followed, you or I can NOT decide on anyone else's salary.
>> For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future.
Bad things do happen. Projects get cancelled as Customer is no longer interested. Employer wants to move from Chicago to Dallas, that may prompt employee to look elsewhere. Some employers do not process green card at all (It happened to me, a Big Bank was not processing Green Cards in 1999). You assume all good and rosy will happen to guenine employers and good employees.
>> Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies.
Just as some employers with permanent positions are not good, there are some employers in Consulting and Outsourcing world that may be good. Let USCIS and other agencies determine who are genuine employers or not.
>> I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!
No sir. It is employer-employment based. If you don't have employer to back your I-140, how will get green card. Do you know there is a category - Eb3 skilled worker, where benefiery does not even need bachelor degree. What do you think, those people are "lucky". If so, please take your arguement to Senators and USCIS to restict GC for "merit based" only. Until then, as long as one is getting green card, as per current law, (again as per current law), who are we to complain?
GC is not IIT-JEE exam where there is only one classification. Clear the exam and get the admission. There are varoius categories from EB-1 (Rocket Scientist) to EB-4 (Priest). This is not one-size-fits-all.
We need to look at issues faced by EB based community from a distance and without the glasses of issues faced personally by us. Until then, it is fight that one is more deserving than the other.
.
radhay
05-29 11:25 AM
60K EB2-I and 60K EB3-I pending so far. Does this mean Eb2 and EB3 dates will move together from now on for India?
more...
sankap
07-10 01:06 PM
FYI... Canada has much better public schools and health care...Never mind the high taxes...
2010 The MacBook Setup in a Desktop
iviviv
10-10 01:00 AM
Thanks for the interesting posts and sharing of your experiences!!!
I figure that the EB-2 and EB-3 categories are going to remain backlogged for a few years for India. So, the best way to apply for US green card would be to attain Canadian citizenship to provide flexibility of using TN visa and then apply for GC using EB-1 category as a manager. Perhaps, it is not as easy as I make it sound to get a EB-1 success case.
Are there people out there who have successfully used the EB-1 category or know of anyone who has used the EB-1 category? Is it sufficient for one to be a first line manager to utilize the EB-1 category or does one have to be an executive?
How many employees does one need to manage to be considered an executive?
I guess EB-1 remains the only sure bet to get a quick GC, but it is probably difficult to qualify for it.
I figure that the EB-2 and EB-3 categories are going to remain backlogged for a few years for India. So, the best way to apply for US green card would be to attain Canadian citizenship to provide flexibility of using TN visa and then apply for GC using EB-1 category as a manager. Perhaps, it is not as easy as I make it sound to get a EB-1 success case.
Are there people out there who have successfully used the EB-1 category or know of anyone who has used the EB-1 category? Is it sufficient for one to be a first line manager to utilize the EB-1 category or does one have to be an executive?
How many employees does one need to manage to be considered an executive?
I guess EB-1 remains the only sure bet to get a quick GC, but it is probably difficult to qualify for it.
more...
TeddyKoochu
07-22 12:21 PM
Smile - I can prove this is a relevant topic ..how..
Some of these jokers (Quikstar..Amway) have filed GC in EB2 and Eb3 which is illegal, someday states Like Arizona will declare that anyone looking like us should be checked for Amway membership and deported
Profiling is an issue and because of some jokers we all may have to go thru scrutiny.
We should ask USCIS to check all GC applicants name in Amway database and if found USCIS needs to send them to Mexico (because illegal)..
We should write to senators... your opinion on this? ( this way Indiancommunity can be clean and fight for legal hardworking people in immigration policy)
Folks and friends some really nice knowledge sharing is happening here it’s a good discussion. The OP here is a completely fake person and is enjoying at our expense, he has nothing to do with legal immigration just getting pleasure here by instigating us.
Some of these jokers (Quikstar..Amway) have filed GC in EB2 and Eb3 which is illegal, someday states Like Arizona will declare that anyone looking like us should be checked for Amway membership and deported
Profiling is an issue and because of some jokers we all may have to go thru scrutiny.
We should ask USCIS to check all GC applicants name in Amway database and if found USCIS needs to send them to Mexico (because illegal)..
We should write to senators... your opinion on this? ( this way Indiancommunity can be clean and fight for legal hardworking people in immigration policy)
Folks and friends some really nice knowledge sharing is happening here it’s a good discussion. The OP here is a completely fake person and is enjoying at our expense, he has nothing to do with legal immigration just getting pleasure here by instigating us.
hair of a MacBook Pro 13.
maximus777
08-21 12:46 AM
SRK also equally crap to talk about...so lets give this thread rest to peace..
Agreed
Agreed
more...
reddy77
09-23 02:10 PM
Yes, mine was approved a month back without any hassles and bought the home ....
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
hot run over a MacBook Pro in
fairman
08-18 11:25 PM
And which part of india are you from?
Secret.
Secret.
more...
house Cinema Display and MacBook Pro
bfadlia
02-15 04:38 PM
America is about freedom and liberty and is a law abiding country. Country caps is discrimination with people of two countries which have almost half of the population in the world. I am not saying increase visas for India or China. I am only saying increase the total number of visas and then make the system FIFO so that every skilled person in this world have same access to immigration.
Finally an honest admission. You finally say there are more Indian and Chinese here because they have huge population.
If you can't see the insult in keeping to say "best and brightest" then I would have wasted my time.
Finally an honest admission. You finally say there are more Indian and Chinese here because they have huge population.
If you can't see the insult in keeping to say "best and brightest" then I would have wasted my time.
tattoo I switched from a Mac desktop
vdlrao
09-17 02:18 PM
Hi VDLRAO,
Couple of months back you were very optimistic about EB2 I will be current soon, what were the things influencing your thoughts.
Do you think EB2 I, will not be crossing 2005 by September 2010 ?
By september 2010 EB2 India will surely enters into 2006.
Couple of months back you were very optimistic about EB2 I will be current soon, what were the things influencing your thoughts.
Do you think EB2 I, will not be crossing 2005 by September 2010 ?
By september 2010 EB2 India will surely enters into 2006.
more...
pictures My new macbook pro part 2.
kbsyed61
06-01 04:45 PM
Here is the official information on SS benefits while living outside USA.
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10137.pdf
Per this rule, Indians are eligible for SS benefits while living in India (at the time of claim), if they have lived in US for 10 years or have 40 Social security credits (That is 10 years of SS contribution.).
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10137.pdf
Per this rule, Indians are eligible for SS benefits while living in India (at the time of claim), if they have lived in US for 10 years or have 40 Social security credits (That is 10 years of SS contribution.).
dresses Best Service Apple MacBook Pro
ebizash
07-21 12:17 PM
I hate their scheming means to rope you in. They keep calling you and bug you to death. Is there anything that you could do to repel Amway desis? Any sprays, creams, poison?
If you want to be gentle - You can say that you have done it in the past and quit...
If you want to scare them - you can also add I quit because I got an audit from IRS and USCIS as it is illegal on non-immigrant visa....that will scare the hell outta them...
If you want to be gentle - You can say that you have done it in the past and quit...
If you want to scare them - you can also add I quit because I got an audit from IRS and USCIS as it is illegal on non-immigrant visa....that will scare the hell outta them...
more...
makeup Macbook Pro Desktop 11/04/08
ivar
08-15 12:23 PM
--- Deleted ---
girlfriend New Macbook Pro Desktop By
Michael chertoff
07-30 09:28 AM
This Ron Gotcher guy does not seem to get it.... he has an agenda, I dont buy his logic. It is unlikely that ~ 50 cases at consular posts are enough motivation to move dates forward by two years.
It took roughly one year for EB2-I dates to advance beyond April04 from the time it first got to April 04.
We know 2005 is a lean year.
It is likely that it will take almost a year before EB2-I dates advance beyond June06.
Those with PD < June06 that do not get a GC by Sep08 can expect to get it by Sep 09. Until then we will see some short term swings between 2003 and 2006.
When people with PD June 15 2006 will get the greencard???
It took roughly one year for EB2-I dates to advance beyond April04 from the time it first got to April 04.
We know 2005 is a lean year.
It is likely that it will take almost a year before EB2-I dates advance beyond June06.
Those with PD < June06 that do not get a GC by Sep08 can expect to get it by Sep 09. Until then we will see some short term swings between 2003 and 2006.
When people with PD June 15 2006 will get the greencard???
hairstyles Macbook Pro Desktop 2-23-09 by
GC_SUCK
10-17 01:56 PM
I am finally moving to canada in 2-3 months. Deadline for landing is March 3rd 2007.
I am done with US Green Card and can not take this stress any more. Starting to sell my house and other stuff soon.
I am done with US Green Card and can not take this stress any more. Starting to sell my house and other stuff soon.
justAnotherFile
06-28 08:10 PM
As per Macaca's logic, pre Oct 2005 PDs will take up all the numbers available for EB2 Indai for 2007, in June and July.
If that is the case why was the Bulletin for july not set to Oct or Nov 2005 and instead made current. Surely USCIS does not want to deal with all the extra workload if it does not have to.
If that is the case why was the Bulletin for july not set to Oct or Nov 2005 and instead made current. Surely USCIS does not want to deal with all the extra workload if it does not have to.
newtoearth
05-02 04:58 PM
...
No comments:
Post a Comment