Desertfox
09-23 05:35 PM
FIRST lets just send out the emails as requested by IV (Yes, this is OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY IV initiative)
We will have all the time in the world to discuss the details.
OK... I support the initiative because it will remove some people ahead of me in line. However, I bought a house last week with 3% downpayment on FHA loan, and now how can I justify writing an email with the draft that urges for GCs only for those who paid 20% downpayment?
Can you give me some thoughts on this so that I can make my selfish mind to agree on writing this email to congress?
We will have all the time in the world to discuss the details.
OK... I support the initiative because it will remove some people ahead of me in line. However, I bought a house last week with 3% downpayment on FHA loan, and now how can I justify writing an email with the draft that urges for GCs only for those who paid 20% downpayment?
Can you give me some thoughts on this so that I can make my selfish mind to agree on writing this email to congress?
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
snram4
01-18 12:39 PM
There is no doubt Everyone knows that H1b and GC laws are crazy. For that we need to fight to change the law but should not encourage to violate the law. If USCIS violates law lawsuit should be filed. That is the rightway.
Isn't that the point what all anti-consulting folks are making here ? They want all existing laws (plus all laws they themselves created to satisfy their sadistic self) to be strictly followed. If that is the case snram4's relative should have been deported.
What many do not understand is H1B laws are insane and irrational. Many from our country doesn't have the guts to fight crazy laws. All they are good at is screwing their own fellow country men out of jealousy or selfishness.
Do all these folks follow law judiciously in their life ? I don't think so. Some of the folks here acting like bhagat singh came to this stage of life climbing over loads of corruption.
Isn't that the point what all anti-consulting folks are making here ? They want all existing laws (plus all laws they themselves created to satisfy their sadistic self) to be strictly followed. If that is the case snram4's relative should have been deported.
What many do not understand is H1B laws are insane and irrational. Many from our country doesn't have the guts to fight crazy laws. All they are good at is screwing their own fellow country men out of jealousy or selfishness.
Do all these folks follow law judiciously in their life ? I don't think so. Some of the folks here acting like bhagat singh came to this stage of life climbing over loads of corruption.
jthomas
05-29 05:39 PM
can somebody summarise it and make a action plan
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
Openarms
08-17 03:35 PM
Well - world is definitely a beautiful place. World is beautiful because of beautiful good people. Like there is a saying "How is house different from a home? House maybe be beatiful and big but it is a home ONLY if it is a happy place to live" and making the world our home lies in how we make sure that it is a happy place to live.
While your approach towards solving the problems is "education" in my opinion education does help, but that is NOT the only factor. Change happens gradually. Don't we all agree that the most educated people might be the biggest "problem creators"
WRT snathan - he is a personal friend and I know him. He is sympathetic towards poor and downtrodden and wants to fight against injustice etc.....
To snathan - to understand things in a better perspective, I recommend that you try this. Invite 30 hungry, poor, starving people to your house and provide them with food, education, good life and ask them to seek opportunities to better themselves. You may face the following
(1) People may get more demanding
(2) They may fight among themselves
(3) Some might steal from you
(4) Some might get into unethical activities
(5) Some might disrespect you and step over you
(6) They may show more respect to those who did not care for them and curse you for some silly reason.
You might find some good people who really do what you intend them to do.
Why I say this is - there is no GOOD POOR MAN nor BAD RICH MAN - different people behave different in different circumstances.
Did you know that India's independence struggle, American civil liberty struggle were all funded by rich businessmen - they trusted the leaders and gave a lot of money for campaigns for them to be successful.
You think like Donald Trump, start learning how Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and good many other folks think... Once they become who they are now they realized that they are bigger and able to do some good for their country/world. How about Trump, once he became Trump he just stayed there... So now when has to given respect who would you give respect?????
SRK, Politicians and Business Tycoons can learn in life try to do some good for their country / world so they can be respected and worshiped.
I do not want SRK to become a Mother Theresa, Bill Gates or even Warren Buffet all of a sudden.. he may never be able to after all...try to be at least a 30% of a man who himself portrays in his films as HERO - an ideal man.
While your approach towards solving the problems is "education" in my opinion education does help, but that is NOT the only factor. Change happens gradually. Don't we all agree that the most educated people might be the biggest "problem creators"
WRT snathan - he is a personal friend and I know him. He is sympathetic towards poor and downtrodden and wants to fight against injustice etc.....
To snathan - to understand things in a better perspective, I recommend that you try this. Invite 30 hungry, poor, starving people to your house and provide them with food, education, good life and ask them to seek opportunities to better themselves. You may face the following
(1) People may get more demanding
(2) They may fight among themselves
(3) Some might steal from you
(4) Some might get into unethical activities
(5) Some might disrespect you and step over you
(6) They may show more respect to those who did not care for them and curse you for some silly reason.
You might find some good people who really do what you intend them to do.
Why I say this is - there is no GOOD POOR MAN nor BAD RICH MAN - different people behave different in different circumstances.
Did you know that India's independence struggle, American civil liberty struggle were all funded by rich businessmen - they trusted the leaders and gave a lot of money for campaigns for them to be successful.
You think like Donald Trump, start learning how Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and good many other folks think... Once they become who they are now they realized that they are bigger and able to do some good for their country/world. How about Trump, once he became Trump he just stayed there... So now when has to given respect who would you give respect?????
SRK, Politicians and Business Tycoons can learn in life try to do some good for their country / world so they can be respected and worshiped.
I do not want SRK to become a Mother Theresa, Bill Gates or even Warren Buffet all of a sudden.. he may never be able to after all...try to be at least a 30% of a man who himself portrays in his films as HERO - an ideal man.
more...
andy007
07-03 10:18 PM
Hi Guys,
Can you please post Media Links on this issue .. (CNN, ... etc) Thanks
Can you please post Media Links on this issue .. (CNN, ... etc) Thanks
hiralal
06-12 08:16 AM
You are contradicting yourself in your arguments. One one side you say you are highly skilled on the other you say you are worried about depressing wages for citizens like YOU. If you were so competitive, why would you worry about competition.
If farmer grassley's bill passes through, you are the one who is going to lose your job (if you are still working at MSFT). Balmer has already threatened to move the jobs out of the country if Mr Change goes along with his protectionist policy.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=345899&postcount=1
BTW none of us on this forum favors outsourcing. Whether you like it or not, nobody can prevent outsourcing. Even if corn farmer's bill survives, outsourcing will go on. If you are looking for job security, you need to change what you do for living. This applies to all of us on this forum as well.
Could the unions stop the shifting of manufacturing jobs to China. You are living in the capitalist capital of the world. Don't think companies will help you cling to your job just because you want them to.
BTW you claim only 20% of H1Bs are genuine. How did you arrive at this figure. Have you interviewed each and every candidate who received H1Bs ?
You seem to be echoing anti-immigrant's concerns. Antis also complain that MSFT product quality has been going down since they started hiring H1Bs. I guess they were complaining about people like you.
guys / friends / fellow members ..LET US NOT LOSE FOCUS !!!
why are we debating the past ..we cannot change anything .. these things (misuse, fraud etc) are part of life and it happens everywhere ...it is not in our hands ..hopefully these guys who do fraud will suffer in some other way (for e.g ..many bought homes at higher prices etc).
let us focus on some sort of campaigns instead of debating (mr dilip in this case) ..believe me ..he will keep on debating and wasting our time
If farmer grassley's bill passes through, you are the one who is going to lose your job (if you are still working at MSFT). Balmer has already threatened to move the jobs out of the country if Mr Change goes along with his protectionist policy.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=345899&postcount=1
BTW none of us on this forum favors outsourcing. Whether you like it or not, nobody can prevent outsourcing. Even if corn farmer's bill survives, outsourcing will go on. If you are looking for job security, you need to change what you do for living. This applies to all of us on this forum as well.
Could the unions stop the shifting of manufacturing jobs to China. You are living in the capitalist capital of the world. Don't think companies will help you cling to your job just because you want them to.
BTW you claim only 20% of H1Bs are genuine. How did you arrive at this figure. Have you interviewed each and every candidate who received H1Bs ?
You seem to be echoing anti-immigrant's concerns. Antis also complain that MSFT product quality has been going down since they started hiring H1Bs. I guess they were complaining about people like you.
guys / friends / fellow members ..LET US NOT LOSE FOCUS !!!
why are we debating the past ..we cannot change anything .. these things (misuse, fraud etc) are part of life and it happens everywhere ...it is not in our hands ..hopefully these guys who do fraud will suffer in some other way (for e.g ..many bought homes at higher prices etc).
let us focus on some sort of campaigns instead of debating (mr dilip in this case) ..believe me ..he will keep on debating and wasting our time
more...
PlainSpeak
03-24 10:37 AM
^^^
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
nuke
01-13 02:27 PM
I think IV should get a new law introduced which changes the surplus visa trickle down policy so that equal number or visas gets distributed between EB3 & EB2. This law will have maximum possibility of getting passed.
more...
ita
04-16 01:08 PM
When Gadnhiji advocated secularism for India he did so because he believed in "Sarva Mata Sama Bhava"(The equality of all religions in which most of us believe).
When religious conversions are made fundamental right as per constitution the word 'Secularism' became a farce.A farce used by religious groups (that use either terror/deceit,abuse for conversions) and also by Macaulian Indians
(Today in India Hindus&others are 70%,Muslims 20%, Christians 10%)
Once the head count , behind which most of the religious groups are running is reached , once the figures are toppled then the mantra will be dominate and destroy(as what happened in rest of the world be it Latin America or else where, stands as example), not secularism which will be reduced to joke by then.
Read this interesting article about Modi
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1248155
www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/india-modi - Intresting article on Narendra Modi.
When religious conversions are made fundamental right as per constitution the word 'Secularism' became a farce.A farce used by religious groups (that use either terror/deceit,abuse for conversions) and also by Macaulian Indians
(Today in India Hindus&others are 70%,Muslims 20%, Christians 10%)
Once the head count , behind which most of the religious groups are running is reached , once the figures are toppled then the mantra will be dominate and destroy(as what happened in rest of the world be it Latin America or else where, stands as example), not secularism which will be reduced to joke by then.
Read this interesting article about Modi
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1248155
www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/india-modi - Intresting article on Narendra Modi.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
grimreaper
07-21 05:16 PM
I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.
That encounter was a bitter experience for me and I decided that I will not entertain any more desis who do cold contacts. However, soon I forgot all about him and I had 2 or 3 more such "cold" contacts (it took me about 3 more experiences to realize the Amyay "cold" contact pattern). I decided that enough was enough. From then on if a desi approached me in any of the stores and decided to do a "cold" contact, I would be on my guard. I would not become angry or irritated (after all they are humans too and they are just doing what they believe will give them a better life) - I would just steer the conversation to what I would like to do in my life. I would spin some yarn about how I am really happy volunteering to help kids in 1st and 2nd grade improve their English reading skills (which I really did) or how I liked taking part in the local community college's adult literacy program (helping adults prepare for GEDs, etc - again which is something I do). I would then go on and become philosophical about how these days everyone is after money and think about money all the time and how this is creating a very unhealthy state of mind, especially among Indians. I would make sure to tell the person that I would not like to go down that path and being a pious Hindu, my goal is to attain Moksha by leading a simple life.
By this time if the dude has not run away from me, I will ask him what his objectives are. Usually they say that they can understand where I am coming from and congratulate me for all my community service (I am rolling all over the place in my head - but somehow keep a straight face). One guy even went so far as to tell me that he is on the other end of the spectrum and he gives away a lot of money in charity. He even told me that I should consider going that route as well. After the meeting, I call up my Amway friend and ask him if XYZ is in Amway and the answer has always been yes.
Inspite of all this if the dude asks for my phone number (and this has happened once), I come up with the story that I forgot to bring my cell phone and proceed to give the person the phone # of the local pharmacy. I also suggest that he give a "missed call" (again rolled all over the place in my head when he gave a missed call) so that I can note down his # when I go home.
I just had to get this off my chest when I saw the Amway thread. Hopefully others can also turn a potentially unpleasant situation into a pleasant situation and have fun at some other person's expense.
Hilarious.....I have not been accosted by any AMWAY members yet, but if I do, I will try to give them a run for their Money. I am just tickled by your attitude. Way to go buddy.....:D
That encounter was a bitter experience for me and I decided that I will not entertain any more desis who do cold contacts. However, soon I forgot all about him and I had 2 or 3 more such "cold" contacts (it took me about 3 more experiences to realize the Amyay "cold" contact pattern). I decided that enough was enough. From then on if a desi approached me in any of the stores and decided to do a "cold" contact, I would be on my guard. I would not become angry or irritated (after all they are humans too and they are just doing what they believe will give them a better life) - I would just steer the conversation to what I would like to do in my life. I would spin some yarn about how I am really happy volunteering to help kids in 1st and 2nd grade improve their English reading skills (which I really did) or how I liked taking part in the local community college's adult literacy program (helping adults prepare for GEDs, etc - again which is something I do). I would then go on and become philosophical about how these days everyone is after money and think about money all the time and how this is creating a very unhealthy state of mind, especially among Indians. I would make sure to tell the person that I would not like to go down that path and being a pious Hindu, my goal is to attain Moksha by leading a simple life.
By this time if the dude has not run away from me, I will ask him what his objectives are. Usually they say that they can understand where I am coming from and congratulate me for all my community service (I am rolling all over the place in my head - but somehow keep a straight face). One guy even went so far as to tell me that he is on the other end of the spectrum and he gives away a lot of money in charity. He even told me that I should consider going that route as well. After the meeting, I call up my Amway friend and ask him if XYZ is in Amway and the answer has always been yes.
Inspite of all this if the dude asks for my phone number (and this has happened once), I come up with the story that I forgot to bring my cell phone and proceed to give the person the phone # of the local pharmacy. I also suggest that he give a "missed call" (again rolled all over the place in my head when he gave a missed call) so that I can note down his # when I go home.
I just had to get this off my chest when I saw the Amway thread. Hopefully others can also turn a potentially unpleasant situation into a pleasant situation and have fun at some other person's expense.
Hilarious.....I have not been accosted by any AMWAY members yet, but if I do, I will try to give them a run for their Money. I am just tickled by your attitude. Way to go buddy.....:D
more...
morchu
06-05 12:52 PM
It is very clear that there is absolutely no meaning for "quota" on 485 applicants.
They are allowed to continue to stay in US forever, from the date of their application (assuming the case is good, and eventually will be approved, when visa is available).
So the whole argument about "diversity" or even "controlled immigration" doesn't stand, since the 485 applicants are here permanently "except" for an official "GC card".
The only thing the "quota" does is creating "uncertainty" in the mind of genuine applicants. This causes less spending, less home buying and eventually causing bad for the US economy. This just creates a second layer of "tax-payers" who have extremely high "purchase power", but doesn't utilize their purchase power, due to "uncertainity"
I wonder why the politicians doesn't realize this simple fact yet?
They either shouldn't allow 485's to wait in US (for diversity & controlled immigration claim), or should just remove the quota for 485's, and let them live their lives & utilize their purchase power to help US economy.
They are allowed to continue to stay in US forever, from the date of their application (assuming the case is good, and eventually will be approved, when visa is available).
So the whole argument about "diversity" or even "controlled immigration" doesn't stand, since the 485 applicants are here permanently "except" for an official "GC card".
The only thing the "quota" does is creating "uncertainty" in the mind of genuine applicants. This causes less spending, less home buying and eventually causing bad for the US economy. This just creates a second layer of "tax-payers" who have extremely high "purchase power", but doesn't utilize their purchase power, due to "uncertainity"
I wonder why the politicians doesn't realize this simple fact yet?
They either shouldn't allow 485's to wait in US (for diversity & controlled immigration claim), or should just remove the quota for 485's, and let them live their lives & utilize their purchase power to help US economy.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
villamonte6100
06-28 11:56 AM
This is what my very very high profile attorney wrote in her email to me today....
" We have heard that there will be a visa regression the first week of July "
And in immigration matters I trust her more than anybody in this whole country. So guys be ready and prepared. Do what u have to do. Be proactive.
My post is not to spread rumors or scare people but to help them to grab this golden opportunity.
I am ready to send papers for July 1st.
Does your attorney cost $400 to $800 an hour. I work with a law firm and our attorneys per hour rates are from $400 up. I don't understand your description of "very very high profile" attorney.
" We have heard that there will be a visa regression the first week of July "
And in immigration matters I trust her more than anybody in this whole country. So guys be ready and prepared. Do what u have to do. Be proactive.
My post is not to spread rumors or scare people but to help them to grab this golden opportunity.
I am ready to send papers for July 1st.
Does your attorney cost $400 to $800 an hour. I work with a law firm and our attorneys per hour rates are from $400 up. I don't understand your description of "very very high profile" attorney.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
chanduv23
07-04 11:28 AM
While it is totally understandable that everyone get angry when rubbed in the wrong way - we must all remember that we are immigrants in this country and the country is currently driven by perception about job loses, terror plots, security threats etc..
In discussion forums or free speech forums, be very very careful - it is easy to trigger anger and get into heated discussions.
Please tone down the rhetoric and also tell your friends also.
In discussion forums or free speech forums, be very very careful - it is easy to trigger anger and get into heated discussions.
Please tone down the rhetoric and also tell your friends also.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
walking_dude
02-13 02:43 PM
Are you sure you understood it fully?
I wrote " if you think ", meaning a lot of harping on is happening based on the assumption that removal of country limits will impact ROW badly. It's not the fact. Though it has been explained a number of times that its not the case, some members obstinately stick to their guns and regurgitate it again!
Taking some sentence written by me out-of-context does not prove anything.
Can I ask you a question? How much of IV goals you have supported till date? How many IV activities you have participated? How much you have contributed? I'm interested in knowing. If you haven't , whether you have incentive or not, it doesn't make even a teeny difference to the movement.
Is the cumulative effect of all three measures good for me (reduced wait time, or no change in wait time), or bad for me (increased wait time.)?
I read this, and I was referring to this:
So, does recapture and the increase in quota and the removal of the country limits, result in a greater wait time for me, as the comment above seems to imply. It would, if the recapture and the increase are not large enough to offset the effects of the removal of the per-country limit on ROW.
Coz if it does, then I don't have an incentive to support your goals, do I?
I wrote " if you think ", meaning a lot of harping on is happening based on the assumption that removal of country limits will impact ROW badly. It's not the fact. Though it has been explained a number of times that its not the case, some members obstinately stick to their guns and regurgitate it again!
Taking some sentence written by me out-of-context does not prove anything.
Can I ask you a question? How much of IV goals you have supported till date? How many IV activities you have participated? How much you have contributed? I'm interested in knowing. If you haven't , whether you have incentive or not, it doesn't make even a teeny difference to the movement.
Is the cumulative effect of all three measures good for me (reduced wait time, or no change in wait time), or bad for me (increased wait time.)?
I read this, and I was referring to this:
So, does recapture and the increase in quota and the removal of the country limits, result in a greater wait time for me, as the comment above seems to imply. It would, if the recapture and the increase are not large enough to offset the effects of the removal of the per-country limit on ROW.
Coz if it does, then I don't have an incentive to support your goals, do I?
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
vdlrao
07-29 12:15 AM
However, these students are not completely exempted from the H1B quota for each year. Whatever, if PERM filing in year 2008 has witnessed 46% drop since 2007 ... it tells us a lot.
I presume the decrease in labour filing in 2008 might be a possibility due to the offshore Indian companies which shifting to H1B sponsorship instead of L1 sponsorship. Because most of the L1s being rejected with these companies recently. So they switching to H1 sponsorship. And obviously they normally dont sponsor GC. So this is just my thinking on why the labor filings decreased in 2008 compared to 2007.
http://www.myvisajobs.com/reports/Sponsor/Top500_h1b_visa_sponsor_2005.pdf
I presume the decrease in labour filing in 2008 might be a possibility due to the offshore Indian companies which shifting to H1B sponsorship instead of L1 sponsorship. Because most of the L1s being rejected with these companies recently. So they switching to H1 sponsorship. And obviously they normally dont sponsor GC. So this is just my thinking on why the labor filings decreased in 2008 compared to 2007.
http://www.myvisajobs.com/reports/Sponsor/Top500_h1b_visa_sponsor_2005.pdf
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
sanju
04-15 07:58 PM
How about Simon for PM of India. This guy knows everything ahead of time -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
RxPZh4AnWyk
.
Susan is the best that I have heard till now. Simply awesome!
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
RxPZh4AnWyk
.
Susan is the best that I have heard till now. Simply awesome!
.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
user1205
02-12 02:51 PM
9 moths and 5 days for me :-)
Yeah, Tell me about it!!!
Just two more months and mine would have been current!!!!
Yeah, Tell me about it!!!
Just two more months and mine would have been current!!!!
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
Macaca
01-18 08:44 AM
Law clearly tells that there should be valid job position for H1b at the time of filing. For consulting bodyshoppers will bring persons here and search for job. That is clearly violation of law.
Contract job has to be filled in weeks. But, it takes months and years to get H-1B approved. Thus, contracting is inherently speculative. This means, start date of a new H-1B contract and all following contracts, are not guaranteed.
Difference between Job shops and reputed Companies
Indian body shoppers employ a H1b Persons and many of them are in hourly. No project then no pay. No pay in bench is violation of law and both employee and employer are willingly accept that. So our body shoppers are attractive destination for GC aspirants.
The companies which follow rules are forced to pay bench or lay off. Companies may be under risk of heavy loss when there are too many people are in bench. That means companies which follow rules and regulations are making loss in tough times at the same time Body shops always make money and worst case scenario no loss no gain.
The revenue generated by a contractor is from his/her billing only; it is hard to calculate this amount for a non-contracting company like Intel. All contractor overhead (salary, benefits: insurance, H-1B/GC fee, ) and company profit have to come from this billing.
Still Desi companies are not following Labor laws.
I know a company in OHIO still exploiting H1Bs ... but payroll being generated.
Most (all?) US contractors are not paid on bench. Neither are they paid any benefits. (If they get paid on bench and/or benefits, it will be from the fixed overhead of their billing leading to smaller pay check: you are getting the same amount whichever way you want to spread it!)
This inequality was known by everyone including USCIS.
This means, that benched H-1B will stop getting paid on getting GC. Is this equality?
The 20% fraud/abuse that Slumdog Ron Hira barks is violation of such garbage-based laws created by him and Matloff. Another one is H-1B can not pay (some parts of) his/her H-1B/GC fee.
The only genuine laws are H-1B is paid (ignoring bench but including H-1B & GC overhead) below prevailing , company does not exist and H-1B is working in gas station (and increasing competition for Hira/Matloff's thorough bred US born asses).
Contract job has to be filled in weeks. But, it takes months and years to get H-1B approved. Thus, contracting is inherently speculative. This means, start date of a new H-1B contract and all following contracts, are not guaranteed.
Difference between Job shops and reputed Companies
Indian body shoppers employ a H1b Persons and many of them are in hourly. No project then no pay. No pay in bench is violation of law and both employee and employer are willingly accept that. So our body shoppers are attractive destination for GC aspirants.
The companies which follow rules are forced to pay bench or lay off. Companies may be under risk of heavy loss when there are too many people are in bench. That means companies which follow rules and regulations are making loss in tough times at the same time Body shops always make money and worst case scenario no loss no gain.
The revenue generated by a contractor is from his/her billing only; it is hard to calculate this amount for a non-contracting company like Intel. All contractor overhead (salary, benefits: insurance, H-1B/GC fee, ) and company profit have to come from this billing.
Still Desi companies are not following Labor laws.
I know a company in OHIO still exploiting H1Bs ... but payroll being generated.
Most (all?) US contractors are not paid on bench. Neither are they paid any benefits. (If they get paid on bench and/or benefits, it will be from the fixed overhead of their billing leading to smaller pay check: you are getting the same amount whichever way you want to spread it!)
This inequality was known by everyone including USCIS.
This means, that benched H-1B will stop getting paid on getting GC. Is this equality?
The 20% fraud/abuse that Slumdog Ron Hira barks is violation of such garbage-based laws created by him and Matloff. Another one is H-1B can not pay (some parts of) his/her H-1B/GC fee.
The only genuine laws are H-1B is paid (ignoring bench but including H-1B & GC overhead) below prevailing , company does not exist and H-1B is working in gas station (and increasing competition for Hira/Matloff's thorough bred US born asses).
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
satyasaich
03-19 03:06 PM
For the record, when i left one of the Big 5, they still answered for 45 day letter, LC was approved, used for someone else (in Feb/07) who is in need.
How do i know? it's very simple. There were 63 LCs pending in Philadephia BEC, which are EB2s with a priority dates in Jan / Feb2002. Some of my colleagues who were with the same company already filed 140+485 last month.
Since this is a public forum, i can not give the name of the company
My company cancelled my labor process the day I resigned, tell me which big reputed company responded to a 45 day letter even when the candidate was not working with them, so that leaves us with companies like Cybersoft who filed multiple I-140 on one labor approval or there are people who are running parallel processes just to be safe and they are buying the sub. labor,so now even if the companies intention's are good,filling I-140 multiple times creates backlog in the service centers and then it is up to your fate if your file is picked up in the numerical order, in concurrent filling it was a race who got the the GC first the original beneficiary or the person who paid price for the same labor. Who are the people opposing substitution ban or the 45 day rule if you find them you will get your answers.
How do i know? it's very simple. There were 63 LCs pending in Philadephia BEC, which are EB2s with a priority dates in Jan / Feb2002. Some of my colleagues who were with the same company already filed 140+485 last month.
Since this is a public forum, i can not give the name of the company
My company cancelled my labor process the day I resigned, tell me which big reputed company responded to a 45 day letter even when the candidate was not working with them, so that leaves us with companies like Cybersoft who filed multiple I-140 on one labor approval or there are people who are running parallel processes just to be safe and they are buying the sub. labor,so now even if the companies intention's are good,filling I-140 multiple times creates backlog in the service centers and then it is up to your fate if your file is picked up in the numerical order, in concurrent filling it was a race who got the the GC first the original beneficiary or the person who paid price for the same labor. Who are the people opposing substitution ban or the 45 day rule if you find them you will get your answers.
mallu
02-16 02:57 PM
My friend, in 2003-2004 alone there were 136K EB greencards wasted. When recaptured, in the past they have been given to oversubscribed countries. That is almost an entire years supply of EB greencards.
I didn't know they give significant percentage of the recaptured numbers to retrogressed countries. That is cool.
As far as your last question goes: I'm amazed, given your interest in this subject, that you have not read the 2005-2006-2007 Ombudsmans reports which discusses in some detail how USCIS claims that it cannot provide data on pending applications by EB preference, country of chargeability, and PD. Do take some time to familiarize yourself with these reports (and read the damn footnotes.)
I think i read only last year's report , that too the section concerning FBI namecheck, because at that time my PD was current most of time and i was stuck in name check. Now time to read rest of the stuff in Ombud's rpt.
I didn't know they give significant percentage of the recaptured numbers to retrogressed countries. That is cool.
As far as your last question goes: I'm amazed, given your interest in this subject, that you have not read the 2005-2006-2007 Ombudsmans reports which discusses in some detail how USCIS claims that it cannot provide data on pending applications by EB preference, country of chargeability, and PD. Do take some time to familiarize yourself with these reports (and read the damn footnotes.)
I think i read only last year's report , that too the section concerning FBI namecheck, because at that time my PD was current most of time and i was stuck in name check. Now time to read rest of the stuff in Ombud's rpt.
letstalklc
09-03 11:25 AM
Very sad news...May his soul rest and peace....
Guys don't put any bad comments against him, Please not that I am not associated with any political party.......it's not good to put bad comments against the person that he is no more....
Guys don't put any bad comments against him, Please not that I am not associated with any political party.......it's not good to put bad comments against the person that he is no more....
No comments:
Post a Comment