unitednations
02-13 01:10 AM
I thought the alien must be present on a dual intent non-immigrant visa to be eligible for AOS (I-485). I don't think people on F1/F4, B1/B2 are eligible to file for AOS while in the US. Consular Processing may be a different story.The H,L and O NIVs are the only ones that I know have dual intent.
to file a 485 a person has to be in non immigrant status.
The dual intent doctrine applies if a person is on a non dual intent visa and they file a 140 or a 485 and they then try to extend their non immigrant visa. At this point it will get denied. However, as long as they dont' have to renew it (because they have a 485 filed), then they are good to go for the greencard.
it is only an issue in trying to renew a non dual intent visa once you have showed immigrant intent. This would be a person who can't file the 485 but instead has a 140 or 130 filed for them. At this point dos/uscis would not allow them to extend the status or allow them back into the country.
to file a 485 a person has to be in non immigrant status.
The dual intent doctrine applies if a person is on a non dual intent visa and they file a 140 or a 485 and they then try to extend their non immigrant visa. At this point it will get denied. However, as long as they dont' have to renew it (because they have a 485 filed), then they are good to go for the greencard.
it is only an issue in trying to renew a non dual intent visa once you have showed immigrant intent. This would be a person who can't file the 485 but instead has a 140 or 130 filed for them. At this point dos/uscis would not allow them to extend the status or allow them back into the country.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
hiralal
06-03 06:20 PM
Where does one contribute to said lawsuit? If someone is willing to lead the effort, I'm willing to contribute a little money.
no idea ..to quote the Indian ambassador ..we are running and discussing like headless chicken .. why can't we have several small simultaneous campaigns ?? I guess it is time to take a vacation and come back to the forum after few days
no idea ..to quote the Indian ambassador ..we are running and discussing like headless chicken .. why can't we have several small simultaneous campaigns ?? I guess it is time to take a vacation and come back to the forum after few days
cygent
12-19 05:06 PM
All,
I have created DIGG article for this, Please digg it.
http://digg.com/business_finance/How_to_Solve_the_Housing_Crisis_Let_in_More_Immigr ants_to_B_2
Add this/your comment that involve the backlogged legal community already working in the USA, instead of more H1's. Thank you!
******
Why is Gary looking outside of USA to tap potential home buyers? Just for folks who aren't aware - there are 500,000 high skilled legal immigrant already in USA who are waiting in queue for numbers of years to get their Permanent Residency. Thanks to the limited visa availability based on country chargeability (birth of applicant) and inefficiency of immigration system, these highly skilled, tax paying and law abiding immgrants are waiting for their Green Card (Permanent residency). Some of them have studied here, worked here for years and US is almost a second home to them. They are sitting on pile of cash, Yes - PILE OF HARD CASH. They wouldn't buy house or any big ticket items until they get Green card. Why not give these people, who are already part of our system, conditional Permanent Residency who buy houses. This will also get us immediately required cash and home inventory will go down as much as 300K at minimum. P.S. I AM TALKING ABOUT HIGH SKILLED LEGAL IMMGRANTS AND NOT ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
I have created DIGG article for this, Please digg it.
http://digg.com/business_finance/How_to_Solve_the_Housing_Crisis_Let_in_More_Immigr ants_to_B_2
Add this/your comment that involve the backlogged legal community already working in the USA, instead of more H1's. Thank you!
******
Why is Gary looking outside of USA to tap potential home buyers? Just for folks who aren't aware - there are 500,000 high skilled legal immigrant already in USA who are waiting in queue for numbers of years to get their Permanent Residency. Thanks to the limited visa availability based on country chargeability (birth of applicant) and inefficiency of immigration system, these highly skilled, tax paying and law abiding immgrants are waiting for their Green Card (Permanent residency). Some of them have studied here, worked here for years and US is almost a second home to them. They are sitting on pile of cash, Yes - PILE OF HARD CASH. They wouldn't buy house or any big ticket items until they get Green card. Why not give these people, who are already part of our system, conditional Permanent Residency who buy houses. This will also get us immediately required cash and home inventory will go down as much as 300K at minimum. P.S. I AM TALKING ABOUT HIGH SKILLED LEGAL IMMGRANTS AND NOT ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
GC_sufferer
07-03 09:27 PM
We should ask Congress to postpone the July 30th fee increase while it studies how USCIS can function year round with the same efficiency that it showed in the last two weeks of June.
more...
TeddyKoochu
09-15 01:45 PM
It seems most analysts here think that by Q4 2010 the approval of 485 could theorotically reach mid 2006 with a liberal allocation of spill-overs and a conservative estimate of abandonment etc.
My question is in order for CIS to have sufficient 485 cases to review .. will they not need to advance dates still further so they can start reviewing the apps and in 2-4 years time give those folks the GC.. I am specifically talking about all those who missed the July 2007 bus and whose priority date is after july 30, 07.... any hope for poor souls like us to at least file for EAD in 2010?Or is this wishful thinking?
Iam also one amongst this lot, as somebody told me be hopeful and cheerful, our day will come. I really understand your pain and suffering, we are kind of the worst affected lot (or atleast one of the worst affected), those who made it in Jul 07 atleast have interim relief. The extent of spillover will really determine our fortunes; I honestly believe that there is a 50-50 chance of it happening this year. Let�s wait for the experts in this group to analyze the data. Since in those days it used to take 2-3 months for labor approval we will have individuals from as early as May 07 who missed the Jul 07 bus, mine is in the last week of July. I hope we will be able to get in the bus and drive out this year!
My question is in order for CIS to have sufficient 485 cases to review .. will they not need to advance dates still further so they can start reviewing the apps and in 2-4 years time give those folks the GC.. I am specifically talking about all those who missed the July 2007 bus and whose priority date is after july 30, 07.... any hope for poor souls like us to at least file for EAD in 2010?Or is this wishful thinking?
Iam also one amongst this lot, as somebody told me be hopeful and cheerful, our day will come. I really understand your pain and suffering, we are kind of the worst affected lot (or atleast one of the worst affected), those who made it in Jul 07 atleast have interim relief. The extent of spillover will really determine our fortunes; I honestly believe that there is a 50-50 chance of it happening this year. Let�s wait for the experts in this group to analyze the data. Since in those days it used to take 2-3 months for labor approval we will have individuals from as early as May 07 who missed the Jul 07 bus, mine is in the last week of July. I hope we will be able to get in the bus and drive out this year!
Bpositive
02-12 10:21 PM
I fully support this....
more...
neil.0505
08-08 04:07 PM
No you will have to get your visa stamped with the new approval from Company B before reentering the US.
Thanks you for your reply.
Q. Can I travel to canada by car and avoid a new VISA stamping ?? (I have a valid I-94).
Thanks,
Neil
Thanks you for your reply.
Q. Can I travel to canada by car and avoid a new VISA stamping ?? (I have a valid I-94).
Thanks,
Neil
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
_TrueFacts
09-08 10:34 PM
Never ending tales of a factionist CM in a democracy: Anti-media Government Order.
The Hindu : Front Page : Anti-media Government Order cleared by Chief Minister (http://www.thehindu.com/2007/05/29/stories/2007052910080100.htm)
The Hindu : Front Page : Anti-media Government Order cleared by Chief Minister (http://www.thehindu.com/2007/05/29/stories/2007052910080100.htm)
more...
bitu72
09-29 10:24 AM
Does any body have information if we need H1 to be valid for 1 year before applying for PR. Mine is expiring in april 06, can i apply now. will they reject it and i have to resend when i get my extension...please responds...
this just a fallback scenario i need to prepare.. also can people work on TN visa without a sponsor..
this just a fallback scenario i need to prepare.. also can people work on TN visa without a sponsor..
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
GCard_Dream
05-25 12:36 PM
Oh ya... you think the immigration fees in US are low. Wait till this bill takes effect and you have to pay 5000 dollars just to get a damn H1-B then you will know who charges more for immigration fees.
As it is the fee is 1500 hundred dollars which is not a joke for lot of people. We normally don't complain because employers pick up the tab. By the way this doesn't even include the lawyer's fee yet.
I mean how do people come up with things like these to say.
www.notcanada.com
Its blatant racism here. THe population is aging and the government makes a big chunk of money via immigration fees.
As it is the fee is 1500 hundred dollars which is not a joke for lot of people. We normally don't complain because employers pick up the tab. By the way this doesn't even include the lawyer's fee yet.
I mean how do people come up with things like these to say.
www.notcanada.com
Its blatant racism here. THe population is aging and the government makes a big chunk of money via immigration fees.
more...
a_yaja
07-22 01:17 PM
To a_yaja,
Thanks for your detailed story my friend. This thread is turing into a support group for Amway/Quickstar victims.
How is your experience with your childhood Amway friend. Still friends or just keeping in touch because he has the acess to the Amway database? :P
I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.
We remain good friends and agreed to disagree on Amway. Now our kids have also friends and when they grow up hopefully will continue being "friends from childhood" :-). And ofcourse - he is still a good source of Amway-ites.
Thanks for your detailed story my friend. This thread is turing into a support group for Amway/Quickstar victims.
How is your experience with your childhood Amway friend. Still friends or just keeping in touch because he has the acess to the Amway database? :P
I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.
We remain good friends and agreed to disagree on Amway. Now our kids have also friends and when they grow up hopefully will continue being "friends from childhood" :-). And ofcourse - he is still a good source of Amway-ites.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
test101
07-10 10:11 PM
The thing is - people are crazy about USA, no matter what - so if you leave someone else will come - thats the attitude here. Exploitation to the core. The way America was built is by slavery. America became such a great country only because of slavery. There were moments in past where people revolted and found liberty - and we are all on that path. Look at the Black civil rights moment etc.
The problem with the current immigration policy that the government is forcing the companies to outsource the HI-TECK jobs and needed skilled immigrants works like RNS to Canada, and other countries. These jobs could be taken by American maybe, but now they wont have that chance.
The job that suppose to exsit and be filled by american or immigrant in the teck industry is not going to exist in the US. Instead it's going to exist in Canada for an immigrant.
The US faces huge nursing shortage, nurses are going Canada and Australia, same for PT's. US is not going to get the tax money, social security nor the jobs. High paid jobs like HI-TECK and nurses,..ect get taxed more and now this tax is going to be in anther country.
MS started outsourcing, Oracle is following. Nurses & PT's educated in the US are leaving it. This current policy is not for the greater good of the country, it's by cheer of bureaucratic incompetence.
This is going to become more than just an immigration problem. This is going to hurt the economy& health care real bad if they do not fix it.
stay toned 5 more years of this and see how bad it's going to get.
The problem with the current immigration policy that the government is forcing the companies to outsource the HI-TECK jobs and needed skilled immigrants works like RNS to Canada, and other countries. These jobs could be taken by American maybe, but now they wont have that chance.
The job that suppose to exsit and be filled by american or immigrant in the teck industry is not going to exist in the US. Instead it's going to exist in Canada for an immigrant.
The US faces huge nursing shortage, nurses are going Canada and Australia, same for PT's. US is not going to get the tax money, social security nor the jobs. High paid jobs like HI-TECK and nurses,..ect get taxed more and now this tax is going to be in anther country.
MS started outsourcing, Oracle is following. Nurses & PT's educated in the US are leaving it. This current policy is not for the greater good of the country, it's by cheer of bureaucratic incompetence.
This is going to become more than just an immigration problem. This is going to hurt the economy& health care real bad if they do not fix it.
stay toned 5 more years of this and see how bad it's going to get.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
peacocklover
09-25 04:17 PM
Fantastic idea, it will bring OXYGEN to this bedridden economy. We need to contact real estate media channels like HDTV for the support to project through their media.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
Kodi
05-02 01:21 PM
What ethnic cleansing you're talking about? All tamils are not LTTE but all LTTE members are tamils. So you're saying the gov destroying LTTE is wrong because they're tamils and the gov should not try to liberate the country, they should give LTTE what they're asking for and leave it at that. And what's the guarantee that they're going to end it at that.
If there's ethnic cleansing or genocide happening in sri lanka how come tamils lead prosperous lives in other parts of the country?
If there's ethnic cleansing or genocide happening in sri lanka how come tamils lead prosperous lives in other parts of the country?
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
lordoftherings
07-11 06:24 PM
DO NOT go through any of these agencies. they just put additional delays in your PR processing. I got my Canadian PR in 14 months without any professional help.
On an average, they will charge $3000 and cause an additional delay of 3-6 months in your case
And they are not 'PR Processing' companies. They just forward your application to the CIC.
Can you share with us the steps (or a link maybe) to file on our own.? I have heard of Maple a lot and most of my friends in the west coast are going through them. That's why I referred their name here. Note: I am not paid to market them and they are very expensive :(
thks!!
lotr
On an average, they will charge $3000 and cause an additional delay of 3-6 months in your case
And they are not 'PR Processing' companies. They just forward your application to the CIC.
Can you share with us the steps (or a link maybe) to file on our own.? I have heard of Maple a lot and most of my friends in the west coast are going through them. That's why I referred their name here. Note: I am not paid to market them and they are very expensive :(
thks!!
lotr
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
maddipati1
02-13 12:11 PM
its been a while i read the forums..
well... well !! chandubhai finally cooled down and talking wisdom :-)
Thanks for all your wonderful help to the community - people like you inspire others.
Please do not misunderstand my response to your earlier post, I was in no way pointing fingers at you but was trying to clear common misconception that IV must not be looked at like a software company doing good or bad at shares.
Once again, I respect people's space - it will be great if all of us come together and make this a success
well... well !! chandubhai finally cooled down and talking wisdom :-)
Thanks for all your wonderful help to the community - people like you inspire others.
Please do not misunderstand my response to your earlier post, I was in no way pointing fingers at you but was trying to clear common misconception that IV must not be looked at like a software company doing good or bad at shares.
Once again, I respect people's space - it will be great if all of us come together and make this a success
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
tinku01
02-13 11:53 AM
I am also with you guys.
Tinku:rolleyes:
Tinku:rolleyes:
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
eb2_mumbai
09-25 01:27 PM
I did a quick DB search and here are my findings for 2005 & 2006 PERM data
2005 case status -certified = 6133
Prevailing wage level - level II = 2212
2006 case status certified 79782
Prevailing wage level - level II = 32283
2005 case status -certified = 6133
Prevailing wage level - level II = 2212
2006 case status certified 79782
Prevailing wage level - level II = 32283
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
walking_dude
02-13 01:26 PM
I request you to rise above your tunnel vision of viewing people as Indians, Chinese and ROW. Start thinking about people as individuals. Then you'll see the light.
By stating that through EB immigration one country is monopolizing the 'agenda' (what freaking agenda?), you are just regurgitating the spittle thrown by racist organizations like NumbersUSA and StormFront. I don't see any difference between your view and theirs. You both consider us "an invasion"! They are more upfront. You do it in a more subtle way.
I was responding to threats we keep receiving on the forum that somehow removing the country will split the movement. Wanted to give some delusioned members a reality check.
Finally you hit the nail on its head. That’s why the per country limit is there so no one country with larger population can monopolize any agenda the way you are trying to do with IV.
By stating that through EB immigration one country is monopolizing the 'agenda' (what freaking agenda?), you are just regurgitating the spittle thrown by racist organizations like NumbersUSA and StormFront. I don't see any difference between your view and theirs. You both consider us "an invasion"! They are more upfront. You do it in a more subtle way.
I was responding to threats we keep receiving on the forum that somehow removing the country will split the movement. Wanted to give some delusioned members a reality check.
Finally you hit the nail on its head. That’s why the per country limit is there so no one country with larger population can monopolize any agenda the way you are trying to do with IV.
songlan
08-30 10:15 AM
I did the PR Canadian immi. myself and got the approval. The process is straightforward . However, I hesitate to go there . From what I heard is diffucult to get IT job.
tikka
07-03 06:42 PM
both stories are top on Upcoming Stories-> drop down (Most Popular)
for helping us with this... :)
for helping us with this... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment