alisa
06-27 09:58 PM
Ever since the dates got current, it has been more stressful than the time when dates were retrogressed and almost makes me miss the retrogression days when I didnt have to depend on the lawyers for my career.
I agree. Its just one headache after another.
But why July 2nd?
If they really want to, they can 'U' the entire July.
There is a saying in Urdu. Translated it says that its the prerogative of the lion to lay eggs, or bear cubs, since he is the King of the Jungle.
USCIS is the king of the jungle here.
But if they do this, this will be cruelest joke on thousands of people.
I agree. Its just one headache after another.
But why July 2nd?
If they really want to, they can 'U' the entire July.
There is a saying in Urdu. Translated it says that its the prerogative of the lion to lay eggs, or bear cubs, since he is the King of the Jungle.
USCIS is the king of the jungle here.
But if they do this, this will be cruelest joke on thousands of people.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
samay
07-06 12:08 PM
Hello,
Could you tell at 140 level does a candidate needs to submit all the previous
H1 Approval notices.
I couldnt submit my previous 140 approval notice since it was during 2000-2001. How important is the previous H1 B approval notices for a 140 approval ? . I submitted the current approval notice which is from 2006-2009
Rajesh
Hello
We normally submit all the previous H-1B approvals with the I-140 application. I am a bit confused from your post is there a gap in your H-1 B approvals.
Could you tell at 140 level does a candidate needs to submit all the previous
H1 Approval notices.
I couldnt submit my previous 140 approval notice since it was during 2000-2001. How important is the previous H1 B approval notices for a 140 approval ? . I submitted the current approval notice which is from 2006-2009
Rajesh
Hello
We normally submit all the previous H-1B approvals with the I-140 application. I am a bit confused from your post is there a gap in your H-1 B approvals.
dealsnet
09-03 11:22 PM
I never thought CHANDUV23 will do dirty politics. A time will come to show the real color of the people. Do not rejoice when some one who is dead. It can happen to anyone. No guarenty we will see the home land again.
If you don't know the difference between Policies and Politics I cannot help it.I'm talking about policies created by Govt in Power
That's all I can say....Good luck
CHANDUV23
And your ID is revealed _TrueFacts....That's all I can say and which u are very well aware of.
If you don't know the difference between Policies and Politics I cannot help it.I'm talking about policies created by Govt in Power
That's all I can say....Good luck
CHANDUV23
And your ID is revealed _TrueFacts....That's all I can say and which u are very well aware of.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
vkrishn
07-27 11:04 PM
Amway guys motto is to harass people even after you say NO and its been the same experienced by some of my friends and see similar ones in this thread as well. So again in plain english No means NO.. (If you did not understand what i said in plain english..)
"If you are not interested why would they bother you?"
Ask your amway friends/buddies and you are more than welcome to join them in the backseat of a police car with handcuffs.. :D..
Nobody harassing anyone. You are doing it to yourself. If you are not interested why would they bother you?
Arrested?? make me laugh...please go ahead.
"If you are not interested why would they bother you?"
Ask your amway friends/buddies and you are more than welcome to join them in the backseat of a police car with handcuffs.. :D..
Nobody harassing anyone. You are doing it to yourself. If you are not interested why would they bother you?
Arrested?? make me laugh...please go ahead.
more...
voldemar
03-26 06:47 PM
And does this mean that this law will definitely change, or is it still possible that vested interests may still keep substition alive?
It's not done till it done.
It's not done till it done.
unseenguy
08-16 12:52 AM
Indians are masters in creating unnecessary ourage. Look what a big deal the Indian media made of students being attacked in Australia. Indians declared Australia as a racist country and they branded Britain also as racist when Shilpa Shetty episode took place. Now also they are making a non-issue as a big deal. It seems that Indians thinking is buillt around that all the world is racist and biased toward India. But, when it comes to showing ourage to genuine issues they are always silent. So many horrible things happen to millions of Indians everyday but no body cares about them. Also, when chinese think tank published a report last week about breaking India in many states, there was no outrage. As compared to this news SRK news is nothing. The reason is simple chinese will shut Indians out because they know what works while dealing with Indians.
Anti.... welcome to 21st century assertive Indianness. We fight for our rights!
Anti.... welcome to 21st century assertive Indianness. We fight for our rights!
more...
amsgc
07-04 11:53 AM
Please post good reliable estimate of cost for applying with ALL possible break ups. I know the following only!
Cost of applying = application fee ($795 ??) + Lawyer fee + others (= medical + pictures + ...)
Also, which parts are lost if we have to re-apply!
Avg. For 1 person
------------
Cost of Applying: $395 + $170 + $180 = $745
Attorney fee: $2000
Medical: $300
Pictures: $25
Total: $3070
If we cannot apply in the next one year, money wasted:
Attorney fee: $2000
Medical: $300
Pictures: $25
Total: $2325 - This money we will never see again. Add to this misc. expenses incurred - gas, printing, phones, courrier. Next time we will have to spend this amount again, and more as costs go up with time.
Ofcourse for some misc. expenses ran into thousands so
Cost of applying = application fee ($795 ??) + Lawyer fee + others (= medical + pictures + ...)
Also, which parts are lost if we have to re-apply!
Avg. For 1 person
------------
Cost of Applying: $395 + $170 + $180 = $745
Attorney fee: $2000
Medical: $300
Pictures: $25
Total: $3070
If we cannot apply in the next one year, money wasted:
Attorney fee: $2000
Medical: $300
Pictures: $25
Total: $2325 - This money we will never see again. Add to this misc. expenses incurred - gas, printing, phones, courrier. Next time we will have to spend this amount again, and more as costs go up with time.
Ofcourse for some misc. expenses ran into thousands so
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
snathan
08-16 11:28 AM
I never worship any actor. But now I dont even have any respect for this stupid SRK. If he doesnt like to step on american soil again, I am very glad. This moron thinks american economy will plunge into recession again if he is not coming to america. Atleast salman kahn makes some sensible comment.
more...
apb
12-14 05:24 PM
I agree. But the reason for that is not the per country ceiling. It's the fact that the total EB quotas (140,000) is not realistic to the present situation. That needs to be increased and there's your solution.
(Believe me, I do understnad your fustration. I really do)
Even if we raise the limit to XYZ from 140000, if we still continue with 7% quota then applicants from India/China/Philippines/Mexico would still be retrogressed. It is not correct.
Let everybody have a go at GC and let it be FIFO, irrespective of the nationality. This is EB and why use diversity if we do not use at the initial stages of bringing people from other countries on H1/J1/L1. These are the people who apply for GC.
1) Increase GC numbers.
2) remove per country cap
3) Remove dependents from GC numbers.
All above should go in simultaneously for a 'FAIR', 'NON_DISCRIMINATIVE' solution.
(Believe me, I do understnad your fustration. I really do)
Even if we raise the limit to XYZ from 140000, if we still continue with 7% quota then applicants from India/China/Philippines/Mexico would still be retrogressed. It is not correct.
Let everybody have a go at GC and let it be FIFO, irrespective of the nationality. This is EB and why use diversity if we do not use at the initial stages of bringing people from other countries on H1/J1/L1. These are the people who apply for GC.
1) Increase GC numbers.
2) remove per country cap
3) Remove dependents from GC numbers.
All above should go in simultaneously for a 'FAIR', 'NON_DISCRIMINATIVE' solution.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
gagbag
07-03 09:56 PM
http://news.google.com/news?tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS219US220&ncl=1117797588&hl=en&scoring=n
more...
gimmeacard
07-28 03:54 PM
Since you are in bay area I will reply to you. I don't need to see his tax papers, as long I can see mine. IF you are happy with your thinking so be it...stay where you are...and you can google froogle whatever you want. You will find your like minded people there too.
I don't need to share my thoughts here...its like talking to anti-immigrants on legal/illegal immigration.
Peace OUT!!
can you share your Tax stmts from Amway? you can hide the key Taxid # and address, leaving your name there... lets see it?
I don't need to share my thoughts here...its like talking to anti-immigrants on legal/illegal immigration.
Peace OUT!!
can you share your Tax stmts from Amway? you can hide the key Taxid # and address, leaving your name there... lets see it?
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
kshitijnt
07-17 12:39 PM
Is it accurate to say that new way of allocating spill over visas effectively acheive same effect as eliminiating country limits?
For short term yes. Long term No.
If there is a surge of ROW applicants. India & China applicants are at severe disadvantage.
For short term yes. Long term No.
If there is a surge of ROW applicants. India & China applicants are at severe disadvantage.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
gc28262
06-12 12:40 AM
People need to understand that you need to give some to win some. I would like to propose to IV a kind of proposal that would be a win win for both the immigrants and the US.
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
.................................................. ...................
dilipcr,
Don't tell us you are trying to save america for americans ( now that you are going to be a citizen)
You are just trying to close the door behind you.
You think Grassley bill is good for everyone. Yeah sure it is good for you !
You have begun to think like loosers guild( aka programmers guild)
You claim the fittest will survive and you don't need any luck to survive. However you had your round of layoffs too. That is a fact of american job market. Luck does play a lot in people's lives especially here in US. I have heard of an IBM engineer who was laid off during 2001 recession. He had 2 patents under his belt. So nobody is immune to luck factor.
Now that you have become a GC holder and soon going to be a citizen, you are so much worried about the wage levels and and L1 visas. You are ok with H1Bs because you were on H1B earlier in your life.
Did you ever worry about depressing citizen's wages when you were on H1B ?
It is one thing to be so self centered, another to say it aloud on a prospective immigrant's forum like IV.
BTW america is the best place to do business. If you feel threatened by more work force entering USA, become an entrepreneur like Vivek Wadhwa, not a loser like Ron Hira.
Aren't we Indians a bunch of crabs !
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
.................................................. ...................
dilipcr,
Don't tell us you are trying to save america for americans ( now that you are going to be a citizen)
You are just trying to close the door behind you.
You think Grassley bill is good for everyone. Yeah sure it is good for you !
You have begun to think like loosers guild( aka programmers guild)
You claim the fittest will survive and you don't need any luck to survive. However you had your round of layoffs too. That is a fact of american job market. Luck does play a lot in people's lives especially here in US. I have heard of an IBM engineer who was laid off during 2001 recession. He had 2 patents under his belt. So nobody is immune to luck factor.
Now that you have become a GC holder and soon going to be a citizen, you are so much worried about the wage levels and and L1 visas. You are ok with H1Bs because you were on H1B earlier in your life.
Did you ever worry about depressing citizen's wages when you were on H1B ?
It is one thing to be so self centered, another to say it aloud on a prospective immigrant's forum like IV.
BTW america is the best place to do business. If you feel threatened by more work force entering USA, become an entrepreneur like Vivek Wadhwa, not a loser like Ron Hira.
Aren't we Indians a bunch of crabs !
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
justin150377
07-27 06:15 PM
I am in my sixth year on an H1-B expiring Sept 13, 2008 also noted on I-94. My attorney will be applying for an H1 extension based on an approved I-140 and pending I-485. They are also applying for EAD and AP renewal (expiring Oct 2nd, 2008). I am currently in EB3 Worldwide with a PD of Oct 2, 2006. I will need to travel outside the country on Oct 2nd. My H1-B will be pending before but not approved by Sept 13th. Can I still re-enter on a pending H1 extension or will I have to switch to EAD/AP assuming those are approved before my Oct 2nd travel date? Thank you for your time.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
21stIcon
03-27 12:12 PM
:d
Zardari proposed to Palin, Jayalalitha and Mayawati, while first two rejected him and last one accepted Zardari's proposal.
Zardari proposed to Palin, Jayalalitha and Mayawati, while first two rejected him and last one accepted Zardari's proposal.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
yabadaba
02-14 02:31 PM
http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_lit_030402a.asp
WASHINGTON, D.C.- Immigrant advocates filed a national class action lawsuit in federal court today challenging the Immigration and Naturalization Service's (INS) misadministration of a law that provides persons granted asylum the right to live and work in the United States permanently. The suit, filed by the American Immigration Law Foundation and Dorsey & Whitney LLP, seeks to compel the INS to issue all allotted "green cards" fairly on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some 50 named plaintiffs represent tens of thousands of asylees throughout the country. The plaintiffs are all refugees who fled persecution in their home countries and were granted asylum in the United States. Under U.S. law, they may apply to become permanent residents, or so-called green card holders, of the United States. Congress has imposed a cap of 10,000 on the number of asylees who can attain permanent resident status each year.
The lawsuit alleges that the government failed to distribute more than 18,000 green cards in the last eight years while more than 60,000 asylees wait in legal limbo; failed to process applications on a first-come, first-served basis as required by law; and kept thousands of asylees on the wait list who are exempt from the cap. The lawsuit also challenges the government's practice of requiring asylees to obtain a new employment authorization card each year-at a cost that presents a hardship for many families-while they wait for their permanent status.
If 50 asylees managed to get enough money for action, 50 high-skilled immigrants can do it too. Otherwise I'll be greatly dissappointed. Lack of action is a killer. I was shoked to read walking_dude's post that nobody from MI volunteered to be a plaintiff in DL case. If people do not want to help themselves, IV won't be able to help them.
dude..lazycis...this is awesome precedent. it doesnt get easier than this....its exactly the same as what we are going after. there was wastage in numbers, thereby hardship in terms of renewals of eads
what type of profile would a class based plaintiff have? will any of the july filers be able to "qualify" as a plaintiff in this class action lawsuit
WASHINGTON, D.C.- Immigrant advocates filed a national class action lawsuit in federal court today challenging the Immigration and Naturalization Service's (INS) misadministration of a law that provides persons granted asylum the right to live and work in the United States permanently. The suit, filed by the American Immigration Law Foundation and Dorsey & Whitney LLP, seeks to compel the INS to issue all allotted "green cards" fairly on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some 50 named plaintiffs represent tens of thousands of asylees throughout the country. The plaintiffs are all refugees who fled persecution in their home countries and were granted asylum in the United States. Under U.S. law, they may apply to become permanent residents, or so-called green card holders, of the United States. Congress has imposed a cap of 10,000 on the number of asylees who can attain permanent resident status each year.
The lawsuit alleges that the government failed to distribute more than 18,000 green cards in the last eight years while more than 60,000 asylees wait in legal limbo; failed to process applications on a first-come, first-served basis as required by law; and kept thousands of asylees on the wait list who are exempt from the cap. The lawsuit also challenges the government's practice of requiring asylees to obtain a new employment authorization card each year-at a cost that presents a hardship for many families-while they wait for their permanent status.
If 50 asylees managed to get enough money for action, 50 high-skilled immigrants can do it too. Otherwise I'll be greatly dissappointed. Lack of action is a killer. I was shoked to read walking_dude's post that nobody from MI volunteered to be a plaintiff in DL case. If people do not want to help themselves, IV won't be able to help them.
dude..lazycis...this is awesome precedent. it doesnt get easier than this....its exactly the same as what we are going after. there was wastage in numbers, thereby hardship in terms of renewals of eads
what type of profile would a class based plaintiff have? will any of the july filers be able to "qualify" as a plaintiff in this class action lawsuit
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
needhelp!
02-13 11:18 AM
Believe me, in my office or outside, I have talked to every Indian. And not one comes back n discusses with me about IV.
I strongly feel IV is doing a commendable job with some dedicated contributors.
Thank you brij523. You are a great supporter of our cause. I cannot forget how hard you worked at diwali mela in DFW even though you already got your GC. Its inspiration from people like you that keeps us going.
I strongly feel IV is doing a commendable job with some dedicated contributors.
Thank you brij523. You are a great supporter of our cause. I cannot forget how hard you worked at diwali mela in DFW even though you already got your GC. Its inspiration from people like you that keeps us going.
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
crazydesi
05-29 03:55 PM
Meaning of
When asked about the potential cutoff dates for EB3 India, China, and Mexico, Mr. Oppenheim said that it would depend on the demand for these categories over the rest of FY2009.
May be that he is waiting for more people to jump from eb3 ship to eb2 ship.
When asked about the potential cutoff dates for EB3 India, China, and Mexico, Mr. Oppenheim said that it would depend on the demand for these categories over the rest of FY2009.
May be that he is waiting for more people to jump from eb3 ship to eb2 ship.
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
voldemar
04-28 12:38 PM
Hello all,
Any news on what happened on the decision on suspension/removal of labor substitution? I searched in google but couldn't find any updates.
Substitution ban rule got clearance from OMB
AGENCY: DOL-ETA RIN: 1205-AB42
TITLE: Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States; Reducing the Incentives and Opportunities for Fraud and Abuse and Enhancing Program Integrity
STAGE: Final Rule ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: No
RECEIVED DATE: 01/26/2007 LEGAL DEADLINE: None
** COMPLETED: 04/27/2007 COMPLETED ACTION: Consistent with Change
Check http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eoPackageMain
Any news on what happened on the decision on suspension/removal of labor substitution? I searched in google but couldn't find any updates.
Substitution ban rule got clearance from OMB
AGENCY: DOL-ETA RIN: 1205-AB42
TITLE: Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States; Reducing the Incentives and Opportunities for Fraud and Abuse and Enhancing Program Integrity
STAGE: Final Rule ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: No
RECEIVED DATE: 01/26/2007 LEGAL DEADLINE: None
** COMPLETED: 04/27/2007 COMPLETED ACTION: Consistent with Change
Check http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eoPackageMain
alterego
12-07 10:38 AM
no comments so far ? and this thread is still visible ..so I guess either people have given up or no one cares (this is weekend ..so I guess less people online).
but I will repeat one last time ..if we cannot link housing and immigration ..then I don't see how anything else can help (can someone educate me).
for eg if we say US is losing talent and brains are leaving ..then I don't think anyone will care especially when economy is down (many natives will be happy I guess).
lawsuits will not help as USCIS will show that they are following law and/or they are understaffed / underfunded.
- flower campaigns or writing to USCIS only will only help flower companies / postal department
flower / letter campaigns help ..but we need a clear plan and lets do brainstorming or atleast show some activity !!
---------
before someone jumps ..let me clarify that I am not suggesting that immigration will solve the housing problem totally ..but immigrants do constitute a very important segment of buyers.
- we don't have to suggest increasing immigrant quota ..but only recapture and tell that these people are already in USA ..majority of them will get GC one day or the other ..this will just speed up the process so that people can settle / buy houses faster
- I don't think u can come up with law saying if u buy house u will get GC ..focus should only be on faster GC and processing ..faster decision is helpful to US too ..as those whose cases will be denied due to law breaking etc ..will be denied sooner.
and hence no distinction between those who are renting and those who are already owners
Not only are immigrants an important category of buyers, but the few who took the leap of faith in this country and bought, might actually be forced to sell into a down market and exacerbate to pressure if this mess is not sorted out.
This current inaction is a dumb policy in many ways IMHO. I hope visa recapture happens soon. If they want to slow down immigration, they ought to do it at the F1/H1b/L1 level/Labor certification. Not at the 485 stage, which is what visa recapture legislation is all about.
but I will repeat one last time ..if we cannot link housing and immigration ..then I don't see how anything else can help (can someone educate me).
for eg if we say US is losing talent and brains are leaving ..then I don't think anyone will care especially when economy is down (many natives will be happy I guess).
lawsuits will not help as USCIS will show that they are following law and/or they are understaffed / underfunded.
- flower campaigns or writing to USCIS only will only help flower companies / postal department
flower / letter campaigns help ..but we need a clear plan and lets do brainstorming or atleast show some activity !!
---------
before someone jumps ..let me clarify that I am not suggesting that immigration will solve the housing problem totally ..but immigrants do constitute a very important segment of buyers.
- we don't have to suggest increasing immigrant quota ..but only recapture and tell that these people are already in USA ..majority of them will get GC one day or the other ..this will just speed up the process so that people can settle / buy houses faster
- I don't think u can come up with law saying if u buy house u will get GC ..focus should only be on faster GC and processing ..faster decision is helpful to US too ..as those whose cases will be denied due to law breaking etc ..will be denied sooner.
and hence no distinction between those who are renting and those who are already owners
Not only are immigrants an important category of buyers, but the few who took the leap of faith in this country and bought, might actually be forced to sell into a down market and exacerbate to pressure if this mess is not sorted out.
This current inaction is a dumb policy in many ways IMHO. I hope visa recapture happens soon. If they want to slow down immigration, they ought to do it at the F1/H1b/L1 level/Labor certification. Not at the 485 stage, which is what visa recapture legislation is all about.
samay
07-15 07:09 PM
Hi,
I found that priority date field on my I-140 receipt is empty. Will this create any problem??
I filed concurrently lasy july and MY PD will be current next month. I applied at NSC but got transferred to TSC.
Thanks for the answers
Your priority date is the date of your filing of your labor certification. Therefore, lack of the priority date on your I-140 receipt should not matter. Best of luck!
I found that priority date field on my I-140 receipt is empty. Will this create any problem??
I filed concurrently lasy july and MY PD will be current next month. I applied at NSC but got transferred to TSC.
Thanks for the answers
Your priority date is the date of your filing of your labor certification. Therefore, lack of the priority date on your I-140 receipt should not matter. Best of luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment