Tuesday, August 9, 2011

quotes about best friends

images %IMG_DESC_8% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • grupak
    02-13 02:50 PM
    Grupak, I am not suggesting any single country is monopolizing the foreign worker pool. Employment laws in the US are fairly non-discriminatory except the diversity in workplace or "Affarmative Action" component which prefers a minority when two candidates possess the same skills.

    My comment was on someone suggesting moving ahead without the ROW participation since they only comprise 20% of the membership pool.

    WD's comment was in the context of removing country cap.

    I know we all say things in jest. However, the only solution is (1) increase visa numbers and (2) remove/significantly increase country cap. Otherwise the problem still remains, and IV will continue to fight for a fix.





    wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • sgmavinkurve
    07-21 07:32 PM
    Folks, let's not stereotype desis or any particular race. I ran into this Malaysian couple of Chinese descent who approached my wife and I at IKEA in the Chicago area. They tried some of the same techniques as described in this thread...
    I was very surprised and confused because we had no connection in terms of race, native language, or look. I am hard core - lungi-dhari desi :) So you see it's the Amway/Quixtar/BWW culture and nothing to do with any race, regionalism or language. My $0.2

    I don't think anyone was suggesting that race or ethnic background has anything to do with it. There was no suggestion that the Amway bug bites only Desis. The Amway bug can bite anybody regardless of their background. All are vulnerable.

    Yet, the fact of the matter is that the Amway bug has bitten more than a few people in the Desi community, and those individuals are actively trying to lure others. And from what I've seen and heard, they primarily target other Desis. We should be aware.





    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • samay
    07-14 06:13 AM
    I have applied for 485 last year and I already have I-140 approved so I meet the criteria for AC21.

    My question is that I have not applied for EAD and I am still on H1 with same employer. In case I lose job will I be considered out of status immediately for the reason that I am not using EAD. As I understand being on EAD allows some flexibility in gap in employment until the time of approval of 485 application.

    I suggest you apply for your EAD as soon as you can. It allows you a lot more flexibility and also helps with other issues such as the drivers license.





    2011 %IMG_DESC_2% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • blacktongue
    01-14 10:11 AM
    He was member 2006 onward. Did nothing. Wasted time.
    Yes i am a meber since 2006 and yes helping others does not just mean be an IV DONOR and volunteer. Helping others can be done is other ways also


    You helped others not helping them do nothing. First help yourself by being EB2. Then try EB1.



    more...


    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • dealsnet
    09-04 11:43 AM
    -TrueFacts have atleast four diffrent ID's.
    I have got 4 red dots from his avatars.
    I have my GC on my wallet, so I don't care about any other GREENS.

    And right on.... Never expected such a behaviour from a noted Senior member.....

    Personally I do not care if I get "Reds" or "Greens" as it is not going to give me GC for what I'm here for.....





    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • whoever
    04-28 12:48 PM
    so no more labor substitution han? that sounds so sweet to me. we should expect pd movement for eb3 now and maybe for eb2 too now. and this is the best news i have heard in such a long time.



    more...


    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • GCard_Dream
    10-18 07:21 PM
    You are right. You are allowed to stay 3 years out of last 5 years outside of Canada. Your PR should still be good.

    Dear Folks,

    I got my Canadian PR in Sep 2005. I did the landing and gave a canadian address after which I got my PR. After that I was under the assumption that I have to spend atleast 2 years in a span of five years and did not take any attempt to land into Canada using PR. I am thinking of applying for SIN by post while I reside in US.

    I am not sure now if my PR is still valid??

    Can someone advice?





    2010 %IMG_DESC_3% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • ujjwal_p
    07-25 07:25 PM
    vdlrao you have been really amazing on doing the analysis on VB prediction. Kudos to you dude..i will hope you will be proved right in feature. keep your figures crossed till Sep 08 Bulletin which will shed some light on your predictions..

    I think pretty soon we'll have a vdlrao temple. ;)

    Anyways, based on Ron's numbers we are looking at around 80k outstanding EB2 for India (although he says most of it is EB2 and not EB3, I am thinking 50%), significantly more than the 30k you were talking about vdlrao.



    more...


    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • gjoe
    02-15 12:07 PM
    Its just that you chose not to leave. The correct description of the situation is - you are imposing slavery upon yourself and asking for remedy from the government. Isn't that correct? Jazzy is simply saying that you can leave if you don't like it. So you are not a slave. Its that simple.
    .

    A person can kill himself to solve all his problems. But that is not the point. If I have come here to work and you have things setup in a way that it can be used to exploit you ( e.g. employer holding back your pay for no valid reason) that amounts to indirectly supporting slave business. The word "slave" doesn't make high tech workers comfortable because they don't want to be categorized as such. But the trouble they are going through is similar to that of the slaves that were taken by the brits in olden days for working at different places in their colonies. If you look at the way most of us work here, it is almost same. Someone (called ur employer) brings you here, he puts you in a place to work reporting to a differnet master sometime many. This exactly how slave trade was working in olden days, but today instead of us working in plantations or laying highways we are working on the building the IT super highway.


    I rest my case here for now





    hair %IMG_DESC_4% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • poorslumdog
    09-04 12:51 PM
    You moron coming from the slum region or any other place in Bihar.
    You don't know about keralites.
    100% Literacy.
    Living standard is same like Europe. (no other state have the facilities such as health care and standard of living like Kerala).
    It is God's own country.
    Visit and see the details.
    Even the guys working in Gulf countries knows better than you and making much more than you. Go and see their houses.(multi storied), You are still in an appartment.
    Do you ????


    Mr.Nair tell me is it Gulf or Gelf. Do you still wear lunky in office or smoke peedi...enda peedi malabar pedi, enda CM EK nayar...he he :D

    If its GOD own country...what are you doing there. Are you renting it mr.Nair

    by the way how is omana kutty.



    more...


    quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • Abhinaym
    01-15 02:44 PM
    Add hassles to businesses. Appeal to xenophobic voter bank.





    hot %IMG_DESC_5% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • gc_wow
    08-15 10:29 PM
    Bollywood should first pay taxes, none of these icons, pay taxes legimately in India, remember them dancing in the partys of mafia, which is tied to terrorists, I think the agent did a great job in nabbing this guy. The VVIP mentality should end in India. Stupid illeterate politicians are over playing this, Ambika Soni should do what she is supossed to do in her office.



    more...


    house %IMG_DESC_17% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • proengineer
    10-15 02:59 PM
    Interesting statistics posted on Ron Gotcher forum

    Credit to Nolefan


    Hello Ron,
    I have been silent spectator for long and I greatly enjoy reading this blog. The knowledge you bring is great. The blog is very informative & insightful and has given us lots of useful information. I have been thinking of contributing to this blog for sometime related to Pending visa number and spillover topic and this is my first post regarding that.

    Recently, I did some calculations on EB1 & EB spillover to EB2 India/China for FY 2010. Here are points I considered

    * Average Consular processing numbers for EB1 & EB2 / year are based on historic data from 1998 to 2008. (Data is available on DHS site)
    * All ROW EB1 & EB2 applications from following categories will be approved before spill over happens
    o consular processing (EB1 & EB2)
    o ROW (EB1 & EB2) + Mexico + Philippines
    * most applications for India / China EB2 from 2004 and prior are approved except few as mentioned on CIS report.
    * Even if there are EB2 ROW I140 applications are pending, they may not be more than few thousands (based historic EB2 usage from EB2 ROW). Based on economic conditions, I assumed 5000 new I485 applications after approval of I140.


    Calculations

    EB1 spill over

    Total quota allowed: 40040
    Average consular processing: 5290
    AOS Pending: 4050
    New applications: 2500
    spill over from EB1 ~ 40040 - 5290 � 4050 � 2500
    spill over from EB1~ 28500

    EB2 spill over

    Total quota allowed: 40040
    Average consular processing: 2199
    AOS Pending (ROW): 7871
    New applications: 2500
    spill over from EB1 ~ 40040 - 2199 � 7871 � 2500
    spill over from EB1~ 27470

    Total EB1 & EB2 spill over = 28500 + 27470

    Total EB1 & EB2 spill over = 55970


    EB4 spill over
    Total quota allowed: 9800
    Average visa numbers used: 7432�� based on data from 1998 to 2008
    spill over = 2368

    EB5 spill over
    Total quota allowed: 9800
    Average visa numbers used: 465 �� based on data from 1998 to 2008
    2008 data: 1360
    spill over : 8440



    Total spill over for EB2 India / China: spill over from (EB1 + EB2 + EB3 + EB4)

    i.e. 28500 + 27470 + 2368 + 8440 ..

    Total spill over for EB2 India / China: 66778

    Preadjudicated EB2 India / China applications ~ 51000

    Total pending EB2 India / China ~ 67061

    If spill over occurs quarterly, then I would expect EB2 India / China dates should faster throughout year may be current by end of FY 2010.





    tattoo %IMG_DESC_6% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • p_aluri
    12-14 03:41 PM
    I would say this is not going to work for us!

    There is country quota for each and every country excluding USA..

    if we argue that there is no quota for countries belongs to ROW,The government can agrue that spill over has happened from under subscribed countries(Below 7% country limit) to over subscribed countries(above 7% country limit) within in the ROW.

    This is the common way of allocating..

    Just my opinion..



    more...


    pictures %IMG_DESC_7% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • Macaca
    07-04 12:17 PM
    having family members like spouses and children fly in to the U.S. to be able to apply for a green card.

    Please verify (with URL) that applicant + dependents have to be in US in order to apply!





    dresses %IMG_DESC_12% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • sachug22
    09-14 02:52 PM
    I was among the very first to predict forward movement of EB2 (8 months back when most of the information available suggested no movement). Looking at September approvals i will see there will be very few cases pending from 2002-2004 for EB2 (those pending will be cleared in next few months since PD will stay current).

    My estimate is that

    EB2-India pending applications with PD older than Dec-2004 no more than 2000.
    EB2 India had used 8000-10000 visa in 2009 (5000-7000 in Sept 2009 alone). It will not surprise me if this number is as high as 11-13K.
    EB2-India all pending I-485 applications (till July 2007) is around 30000 (as of 1st Oct 2009) * see latter post on how.


    Holding following assumptions we will see more forward movement in coming months and whole of 2010 fiscal year.

    Slow improvement in economy (fewer new applications from EB2-ROW and EB1)
    PERM applications stay stuck (as they are very few approvals in last 12 months)
    CIS is force to allocate visa every quarter (leading to large spill-over)
    Fewer EB3 to EB2 porting


    CIS has prudently processed most old cases (pending for name-checks) and also pre-adjucated most cases filled in 2007-2008. So if they have visa numbers pending we should see big movment in Dec 2009 Visa Bulletin. This movement could cover all EB2-I 2005 cases in next two quarters (by March 2010). How explained below

    EB2 gets 10K visa each quarter (28.6% of 140,000 divide by 4)
    EB1 gets 10K visa each quarter (28.6% of 140,000 divide by 4)

    Assuming 3k spillover from (EB1/EB4/EB5 to EB2) => EB2 will get 13K visa
    EB2 ROW uses 7K (700 India, 700 China, +5k others) - there are 6K visa to allocated by Dec 2009 and 12K by March 2010 which will be given to EB2-India.

    BEC LCA applicants in 2005 estimate (EB2 India) = 2000 => 4400
    EB2-India PERM applicants in 2005 (thanks TempGC) -> 5311 LCA (Around 1300 got approved in aug/sept 2008)= 4000 LCA => 8800 GC

    Total pending I-485 in 2005 (EB2 India) ~ 13000

    This would mean PD will cross 2005 in next 2 quarters. I have pesimetic estimates so it will not surprise me it the dates move more rapidly.

    The analysis is very optimistic and does not account for

    Duplicates (multiple I-485 for same person)
    Discarded Labor (many people just discard the perm since they switch jobs or did not want to do GC)
    Upgrades (people had EB2 perm but got GC in EB1 category)
    Cross-chargeability (with spouse of PERM hold birth from non retrogressed country)
    Denied I-140/I-485 after PERM approval


    If these makeup 10-20% applications then dates should move faster.



    more...


    makeup %IMG_DESC_9% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • PlainSpeak
    01-14 05:20 PM
    You have a valid point about the DV visa bil.. But you forgot one thing, Any immigration bill altering INA will also have recapture attached to it..
    One more point it takes 15K to give a paper ad to say that IV supports this bill.. Do you want to run a campaign for this?? I will convince IV Core if you come even close to that $ number...
    If and when this bill goes for voting on the floor, I think your valid point about giving these immigrant visas to the oldest applicants first until current backlog is eliminated can be considered as a viable amendment/feedback to lawmakers..
    But I wouldn't hold my breath for that day...

    To VBKris77

    Now THATS what i call a solid arguing point and THATS what i call a discussion
    VBKris77 - Please do not think that i am being patronising when i stated what i did above, but all my efforts and abuse taking till now were for this point of time and this reply to my inital post. Infact i was looking for someone to start something in this vein and had to wait till now. Now my faith in my fellow men has been justified (I know that was a bit melodramatic but hey after all the abuses i went through i think i can be just that bit wet in the eyes). You sir have hit the nail on the head. Now when i see your reply i got more questions. If you can clarify this for me i would appreciate it or If you know of any location on this forum where i can look see and get self educated that would be appreciated too

    You have a valid point about the DV visa bil.. But you forgot one thing, Any immigration bill
    altering INA will also have recapture attached to it..
    My point about DV visa to most badly retrograded apps was because they have been the ones who have waited the longest out here. Now if this was recapture or removing country quota i would feel that the regular allocation would be correct. Since this is a one off my peronal feeling was that we could direct the spillover to extra retrograded apps and get some relief there

    My question are -
    Would DV visa to Employment based in any form be considered as an immigration bill
    - What is altering INA
    - So if the DV bill be considered as an immigration bill the idea of IV is that if we can get this into a law the implementation of the 50 k visas will be in the same way as the implementation of recapture bill (So that would be all spill over to EB2 till EB2 is current and then to EB3- And please that was a question for clarification not a jibe as some of the people out here would make it to be).

    One more point it takes 15K to give a paper ad to say that IV supports this bill.. Do you want to run a campaign for this?? I will convince IV Core if you come even close to that $ number...
    Ok to get this straight the money needs to be collected (Campaign is run) and the amount of 15 k be collected before IV will support the campaign. Just getting things in right perspective.

    Tell me something please, would a campaign involve asking every one who comes in to IV forum for donations for the campaign. The reason i ask is because to run a campaign for this effort is a great idea and I have some thoughts on it but most importantly i would need the help of all the members EB2/EB3 (yes even the ones who abused me) because you guys have experience in it.

    My opinion is that if we run a campaign it would have to be with a slogan that if and only if this bill gets passed the DV visas will fall to the badly retrogressed apps first. If we say that the regular recapture way wil be implemented then i think this campaign is a dead duck before even starting.

    I have an idea which might or might not work but i feel that IV needs to start a disclaimer for any campaign which will state that this is the path to be taken (and of course stick with the path) and state that X % is the chance of success and that these specific situations have to occurr for any chance of the bill succeding, I mean like a flow chart and also specific tasks which have to be done by people willing to participate in the campaign. Now i do not know if you (And only you because you talk sense. If any body else want to comment with logic and way to improve they are welcome. Abusers wil be ignored) have got the sense of what i am saying but as a person who is looking at IV from the outside everything i have proposed above is based on certain hard facts which are formed as a result of my deductions by observing IV all these years

    For a campaign
    1. Please do not try and educate a person out here because when you do you gets very high handed. Provide them a tool (Flow charts and all i talked about before) and direct them to a location where they have access to the tool and let them form an opinion based on their self education. That way they will understand what are the 1000's of steps involved in this effort. This will lead to the fact that since the are self educated they know the risk and the percent of success or failure of the effort and when they participate they are fully aware of what are the stakes involved. This also gets to convert all the people out there (to the ones above) who are under the impression that giving money to IV will get the job done and when the job does not get done they start feeling that IV has cheated them and start making assumptions.

    I know that part of what i said will look a lot like what IV was doing. Yes IV when it started was like that but somehow over the years it has become very intolerent and as some members have stated very abusive senior memebers which is very shocking. A personal effort by each and every member of IV to show civilized behaviour and make civilized conversation is a mandatory requirement. In fact (i know i wil get laughed at and ridiculed for this but) a post by each and every donor and senior member taking an oath that no matter what the provocation they will not abuse anyone on the forum will be the first step. This can also be part of new member sign up. And of course IV has the tool in hand to delete any thread they think is determental to their cause so no issues there but i would suggest making an extra effort to find out what the idea behind the person is before deleting the thread.

    If and when this bill goes for voting on the floor, I think your valid point about giving these
    immigrant visas to the oldest applicants first until current backlog is eliminated can be
    considered as a viable amendment/feedback to lawmakers..

    Ok now i am lost. What is the objective of the campaign
    1. Add the provisions to the bill
    OR
    2. Make sure that the bill passes

    Because they are both 2 different things and that brings me to my next point which is clarity of campaign (includingLetters to law makers/ donations etc). Calrity is very important here. There has been a kind of secrecy in IV which is cause of much pain and disturst. Of course i understand why the secrecy was put in first place. It must have been because of all the anti immigrants lurking around but when you think about it if the members are self educated (Like how i stated above) there is no need to inform any updates to them and hence there would be no need for secrecy. A donor forum will of
    course continue as is because some things need to be discussed.

    But I wouldn't hold my breath for that day...
    Sir i never held my breath for this ever. Even though i am not part of IV i am aware of all the probability of success in such endevors
    It was nice discussing the above with you.





    girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • vinay0622
    07-29 10:16 AM
    Yes it can be corrected at this time. You can answer the RFE yourself and explain you mistake or ask your attorney to do so. I would suggest that contact your attorney so that you can prevent any future mistakes.



    Thanks..Samay.
    I appreciate, You took time to answer my question.





    hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11% quotes about best friends. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • GetGC08
    07-28 05:07 PM
    Relax and send all the documents requested by the USCIS. They might ask you for additional documents later based on what they receive from you or may approve your case.

    Thanks a lot for your reply.

    I had completed my BSc in computer science with 3 years & also completed my Masters(MCA) in computer science with 3 years.(both from India)

    Total I have 6 years(3 yrs bachelors + 3 yrs masters) of education/qualification in Computer Science.

    My labor has been approved & in that it is mentioned, position requires Masters degree.

    Do I qualify for EB2 category?
    I already filled I-140 in March 2008 under EB2.

    I will really appreciate your response.

    Thanks.





    a_yaja
    07-22 01:17 PM
    To a_yaja,

    Thanks for your detailed story my friend. This thread is turing into a support group for Amway/Quickstar victims.
    How is your experience with your childhood Amway friend. Still friends or just keeping in touch because he has the acess to the Amway database? :P

    I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.


    We remain good friends and agreed to disagree on Amway. Now our kids have also friends and when they grow up hopefully will continue being "friends from childhood" :-). And ofcourse - he is still a good source of Amway-ites.





    delax
    07-26 06:32 PM
    Also out of the 65K H1 visas that were available since 2003, most of the Visas were consumed by the Big Indian companies.
    Remember when Congress sent letters to the Big Indian companies, there was data related to how many companies applied for how many Visas.

    AFAIK it was in the range of 25k-35k per year combined by all these companies that filed H1s .

    One thing to note is, they do not sponsor GCs for all the applicants.They do them very rarely for the people who are in their 5th to 6th year of H1.Could be in the range of Hundereds and not thousands comapred to the people count they have in US.

    One important point that we seem to be missing is that there are about 50,000 Indian STUDENTS (like yours truly) who come to the US each year. Most of them are grad students and invariably all of them apply for EB based GC......think about it : 50,000 students each year and even if you assume half apply for GC - that makes it 100,000 PRIMARY GC applicantions from India alone over a four year period - staggering number........



    No comments:

    Post a Comment