kalyan
07-21 04:12 PM
If PD moves to last quarter of 2007 within a year, then there would be no candidates (EB2), since all will still be stuck in PERM audits which will take 6-12 more months to clear + I-140 processing time.
So, they move PD dates faster but freeze PERM apps. I am confused:confused: Any insights?
where are they freezing perm Apps. Mine was filed in march and got out in May '08. This was my first LC.
I am glad they cleared in 2 months. I know couple of guys who got out in 2 months for their LC.
There are lot of people who filed after Augst 2007 but not that many as influx when everything is made current.
So, they move PD dates faster but freeze PERM apps. I am confused:confused: Any insights?
where are they freezing perm Apps. Mine was filed in march and got out in May '08. This was my first LC.
I am glad they cleared in 2 months. I know couple of guys who got out in 2 months for their LC.
There are lot of people who filed after Augst 2007 but not that many as influx when everything is made current.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
alisa
02-14 07:03 PM
If you google retrogression, IV doesn't show up until page 2.
Is there anyway we can change this? So that IV is the first link that shows up? Anyway know about this.
Is there anyway we can change this? So that IV is the first link that shows up? Anyway know about this.
Dhundhun
08-08 04:57 PM
My kids aged out. Is there any way they can take benefit of my immigration based on my PD? Otherwise, how can they benefit?
My daughter turns 21 in 2003
PD 03/10/2005
My son turns 21 in Apr 2005
I140 filed Oct 2006, approved Sep 2007
I485 Applied in Aug 2007
Thanks in anticipation.
--dhundhun
My daughter turns 21 in 2003
PD 03/10/2005
My son turns 21 in Apr 2005
I140 filed Oct 2006, approved Sep 2007
I485 Applied in Aug 2007
Thanks in anticipation.
--dhundhun
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
somegchuh
10-18 06:42 PM
You have hit the nail right on the head. They issued 225000 H1b's between the years and 2000 and 2002 but the GC quota remained the same. Also, there is no quota for H1 (large # goes to India/Chine) but there is a quota for GC.
The idea is they want to control it so that only a third of the ppl who come on H1 end up getting a GC. They make the GC process hard one way or the other. Either you get stuck in the labor queue or in the retrogression queue. The average time to get has always been 4 years. Some ppl get lucky and get it in less than 3 and some get unluck and spend over 5 years trying to get it!
Ultimately the question for everyone is how long are you willing to put your life on hold? If you wait long enough you will get it. They seldom reject cases (unless it was a fraudulent case).
Having said that lot of us are thinking about leaving because US is making harder and harder for people like us to stay here and lot of us don�t want to put our lives on hold for years and years hoping that may be one day I�ll hit the jackpot called green card. On the other hand, lot of us don�t mind waiting and have been waiting for long time. It�s a matter of preference. Remember you are supposed to be a guest here. Do your work and get the hell out of here. Only 140000 guests are allowed to stay back and rest have to pack their bags. I mean that�s the real intent behind this quota system.
To make long story short, for lot of people US is not the option available on the table so quit comparing US against others. Just think about where you might end up if you didn�t move to Canada and compare that country against Canada.
The idea is they want to control it so that only a third of the ppl who come on H1 end up getting a GC. They make the GC process hard one way or the other. Either you get stuck in the labor queue or in the retrogression queue. The average time to get has always been 4 years. Some ppl get lucky and get it in less than 3 and some get unluck and spend over 5 years trying to get it!
Ultimately the question for everyone is how long are you willing to put your life on hold? If you wait long enough you will get it. They seldom reject cases (unless it was a fraudulent case).
Having said that lot of us are thinking about leaving because US is making harder and harder for people like us to stay here and lot of us don�t want to put our lives on hold for years and years hoping that may be one day I�ll hit the jackpot called green card. On the other hand, lot of us don�t mind waiting and have been waiting for long time. It�s a matter of preference. Remember you are supposed to be a guest here. Do your work and get the hell out of here. Only 140000 guests are allowed to stay back and rest have to pack their bags. I mean that�s the real intent behind this quota system.
To make long story short, for lot of people US is not the option available on the table so quit comparing US against others. Just think about where you might end up if you didn�t move to Canada and compare that country against Canada.
more...
hopfully_gc
07-29 10:08 AM
Dear Mr.Pappu,
I need to take an appointment with the attrorney. Can you please help me how to procced?
Thank you
I need to take an appointment with the attrorney. Can you please help me how to procced?
Thank you
NKR
02-16 02:26 PM
I beleive Kuhelica and bfadlia have been planted by anti-immigrants to spread poison and hate in people's mind. looking at the number of posts they have posted, it seems like they are new members who are out there to sabotage the reforms that we have been talking about.
We do not have to spend our energy and time answering each and every post of theirs. they do not deserve our time nor they are intelligent enough to rationalise.
I and a couple of us have been repeatedly telling that we do not want ROW people to be affected nor we want country quota to be removed, but they have been targetting our race, our country, it has jealously writ all over... Just ignore them and move on. the more forward we move the more backward they stay..
We do not have to spend our energy and time answering each and every post of theirs. they do not deserve our time nor they are intelligent enough to rationalise.
I and a couple of us have been repeatedly telling that we do not want ROW people to be affected nor we want country quota to be removed, but they have been targetting our race, our country, it has jealously writ all over... Just ignore them and move on. the more forward we move the more backward they stay..
more...
Sunx_2004
12-07 01:29 PM
Very good idea, with interest rate going down there is an opportunity for those who are looking to buy the house.
And for those who already have house, If their green card messed up than you see more foreclosures.
No matter, who are planning to buy house or who already bought house both will contribute to the economy in their own way.
I guess many have given up and many are just trying to hang on to their jobs ..but don't give up ..just think about the peace of mind that a GC gives ..no more headaches from lawyers, USCIS, RFE's, employers, DL etc ..at the very least comment on this idea but before you dismiss it come up with a better idea (it is very stupid of people who just criticize but don't come up with alternative ideas).
----------------
what if all immigrants and members were to call their local realtors - show interest in buying a house and once the realtor is interested ..tell her / him that you are postponing your home buying decision since the green card has got delayed ..and maybe ask him / her to tell the NAR (national realtor agency) to speak about speeding green cards to legal immigrants who are already here ??
...if people are motivated then maybe we can do media campaign too ..
------
the above idea does not need any money / members can do it from the comfort of their homes ..please comment and either support this or come up with better idea ..Thanks in advance !!!
(if the idea sounds good ..then all members can spread the word in their community - i.e. temples, churches, local potlucks, subdivision, apartment, AMWAY meetings etc etc ..at the very least IV membership will increase)
And for those who already have house, If their green card messed up than you see more foreclosures.
No matter, who are planning to buy house or who already bought house both will contribute to the economy in their own way.
I guess many have given up and many are just trying to hang on to their jobs ..but don't give up ..just think about the peace of mind that a GC gives ..no more headaches from lawyers, USCIS, RFE's, employers, DL etc ..at the very least comment on this idea but before you dismiss it come up with a better idea (it is very stupid of people who just criticize but don't come up with alternative ideas).
----------------
what if all immigrants and members were to call their local realtors - show interest in buying a house and once the realtor is interested ..tell her / him that you are postponing your home buying decision since the green card has got delayed ..and maybe ask him / her to tell the NAR (national realtor agency) to speak about speeding green cards to legal immigrants who are already here ??
...if people are motivated then maybe we can do media campaign too ..
------
the above idea does not need any money / members can do it from the comfort of their homes ..please comment and either support this or come up with better idea ..Thanks in advance !!!
(if the idea sounds good ..then all members can spread the word in their community - i.e. temples, churches, local potlucks, subdivision, apartment, AMWAY meetings etc etc ..at the very least IV membership will increase)
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
villamonte6100
12-14 01:15 PM
What did I do wrong. I'm only commenting. I don't understand why you mentioned the word "polite". Could you quote a section on my replies where you think I am not polite. Please....
--Grupak, I wasn't talking about the law here. It was villamonte, I was just requesting him to be polite. The thing I agreed about him was that we cannot call country cap quota as discrimination.
--Grupak, I wasn't talking about the law here. It was villamonte, I was just requesting him to be polite. The thing I agreed about him was that we cannot call country cap quota as discrimination.
more...
sbabunle
04-29 12:31 PM
That means---> Once the labor is approved you have to use it in 45 days.
ie apply for 140 in 45 days or LC is expired...I'm glad they did not propose to file I485 in 45 days :D
I think 45 days is too short. Since LC cannot replaced, it cannot be used for anyone else. So I dont understand why they need an expiry date too...At lease a LC should be valid for 6 months.
But we have to wait and see what the final rule is. There may be some changes fromt he proposed rule.
babu
Can you anyone tell what the lines highlighted below in blue means ?
************************************************** ******
RIN: 1205-AB42 Agenda Cycle: 200610
Title: Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States; Reducing the Incentives and Opportunities for Fraud and Abuse and Enhancing Program Integrity
Abstract: The Department of Labor proposed changes to reduce the incentives and opportunities for fraud and abuse related to the permanent employment of aliens in the United States. Among other key changes, the Department is eliminating the current practice of allowing the substitution of alien beneficiaries on applications and approved labor certifications. DOL proposed to further reduce the likelihood of the submission of fraudulent applications for the permanent employment of aliens in the United States by proposing a 45-day deadline for employers to file approved permanent labor certifications in support of a petition with the Department of Homeland Security. The Final Rule expressly prohibits the sale, barter, or purchase of permanent labor certifications or applications, as well as related payments. The proposed rule also addresses enforcement mechanisms to protect program integrity, including debarment with appeal rights. These amendments would apply to employers using both the Application for Alien Employment Certification (Form ETA 750) or the Application for Permanent Employment Certification (Form ETA 9089).
************************************************** *******
i got the above info from the OMB website below -
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eoViewRule?ruleID=269657
ie apply for 140 in 45 days or LC is expired...I'm glad they did not propose to file I485 in 45 days :D
I think 45 days is too short. Since LC cannot replaced, it cannot be used for anyone else. So I dont understand why they need an expiry date too...At lease a LC should be valid for 6 months.
But we have to wait and see what the final rule is. There may be some changes fromt he proposed rule.
babu
Can you anyone tell what the lines highlighted below in blue means ?
************************************************** ******
RIN: 1205-AB42 Agenda Cycle: 200610
Title: Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States; Reducing the Incentives and Opportunities for Fraud and Abuse and Enhancing Program Integrity
Abstract: The Department of Labor proposed changes to reduce the incentives and opportunities for fraud and abuse related to the permanent employment of aliens in the United States. Among other key changes, the Department is eliminating the current practice of allowing the substitution of alien beneficiaries on applications and approved labor certifications. DOL proposed to further reduce the likelihood of the submission of fraudulent applications for the permanent employment of aliens in the United States by proposing a 45-day deadline for employers to file approved permanent labor certifications in support of a petition with the Department of Homeland Security. The Final Rule expressly prohibits the sale, barter, or purchase of permanent labor certifications or applications, as well as related payments. The proposed rule also addresses enforcement mechanisms to protect program integrity, including debarment with appeal rights. These amendments would apply to employers using both the Application for Alien Employment Certification (Form ETA 750) or the Application for Permanent Employment Certification (Form ETA 9089).
************************************************** *******
i got the above info from the OMB website below -
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eoViewRule?ruleID=269657
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
PlainSpeak
01-13 01:27 PM
I wish- Logiclife would answer this thread. He has a way to explain things and put things in perspective. He is very direct and I like that.
Yes i have sen LogicLife's responses before and let me tell you i am impressed. Perhaps an reply from him will provide answers. Not to say that you yourself have not been eloquont. As i said before yours was the only sane answer i event got, but i reply to all because to respect a person is to respect what he believes in and i do that by replying back
Yes i have sen LogicLife's responses before and let me tell you i am impressed. Perhaps an reply from him will provide answers. Not to say that you yourself have not been eloquont. As i said before yours was the only sane answer i event got, but i reply to all because to respect a person is to respect what he believes in and i do that by replying back
more...
hopefulgc
09-23 04:12 PM
or let me be the president of usa if i buy 10 houses.
Jokes apart.. i think nixtor's idea is worth pursuing.
why not ask for citizenship if we buy 2 houses?. I will even buy that toxic debt from banks, if i get citizenship and a gori.
Jokes apart.. i think nixtor's idea is worth pursuing.
why not ask for citizenship if we buy 2 houses?. I will even buy that toxic debt from banks, if i get citizenship and a gori.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
GCisLottery
10-23 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Amoljak,
Now if you can please remove all the sarcasm and explain this in more detail in laymen's terms, it would really help me. I mean how is it that atleast 10 members on this site have mentioned people selling and buying LCs LEGALLY! Were they bluffing or are we reading into the law wrongly?
Thanks
I don't know the business of this, but it is just fraud and that's precisely why USCIS wants to get rid of it. It is a genuinely OK route for companies that can't hold onto people and has to substitute.
My assumption is they are "buying" those LCs and join those money making companies, stay there as long as they legally have to stay and get out.
Now some mod please close this thread.
Now if you can please remove all the sarcasm and explain this in more detail in laymen's terms, it would really help me. I mean how is it that atleast 10 members on this site have mentioned people selling and buying LCs LEGALLY! Were they bluffing or are we reading into the law wrongly?
Thanks
I don't know the business of this, but it is just fraud and that's precisely why USCIS wants to get rid of it. It is a genuinely OK route for companies that can't hold onto people and has to substitute.
My assumption is they are "buying" those LCs and join those money making companies, stay there as long as they legally have to stay and get out.
Now some mod please close this thread.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
whitecollarslave
09-23 12:14 PM
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
retropain
08-03 03:35 PM
don't even think about it. It is grossly unfair to people whove been waiting in line for years.
I don't mind substituion per se as long as people get new priority dates.
IV- we should have a poll on whether labor substitution is fair.
I don't mind substituion per se as long as people get new priority dates.
IV- we should have a poll on whether labor substitution is fair.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
Raghunadh Polavarapu
07-27 02:53 PM
Yes it is 1099-INT. "Amway bosses will not inform you..?..unauthorized?"...why don't you check your own braincells. Nobody is boss of anyone. Every business owner receives a proper TAX form with all declarations every year. Neither Murthy/Khanna/ or any corporate law offices are wrong. You should talk to them explicitly before commenting.
Your sorry ass has lot of excuses. Don't open your mouth on things you don't know.
With your attitude, you will not even become millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars.:D:D:D
Your sorry ass has lot of excuses. Don't open your mouth on things you don't know.
With your attitude, you will not even become millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars.:D:D:D
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
venetian
09-15 07:16 PM
Two of my friends with 2005 EB2 PERM got the 485 approval using their 2003 EB3 PD (which were struck in backlog centers).
I assume many 2005 & 2006 EB2 PERM would have done similar PD porting and would have got approvals.
I assume many 2005 & 2006 EB2 PERM would have done similar PD porting and would have got approvals.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
h1techSlave
12-09 10:14 AM
" members are more interested in how to get their maid to US, which airline to fly etc etc .." and whether they should purchase a home or not. Members spend all their time in heated arguments for and against purchasing a home. pinto, are you familiar with any such members in this forum? ;););)
Thanks h1b ...thanks everyone else for the overwhelming support. actually it seems that without core leadership / directions ..IV is fast becoming just like a chat forum or as Indian ambassador would have put -- a headless chicken.
members are more interested in how to get their maid to US, which airline to fly etc etc ..
I guess time for rest of us to lay back ...and see what fate has in store without worrying much :D
Thanks h1b ...thanks everyone else for the overwhelming support. actually it seems that without core leadership / directions ..IV is fast becoming just like a chat forum or as Indian ambassador would have put -- a headless chicken.
members are more interested in how to get their maid to US, which airline to fly etc etc ..
I guess time for rest of us to lay back ...and see what fate has in store without worrying much :D
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
pd_recapturing
03-14 09:37 AM
I heard that if you apply on your own and move out of US, it becomes very difficult to let the Can immigration authority about your current location and keep track of all the correspondence with them. But, the agency/lawyer does this thing very efficiantly. Any opinion on this ?
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
thomachan72
08-19 08:27 AM
By the way Mccaid, next time someone from Indonesia experiences such an issue please also make a thread here and whine about it like we did. Atleast that will make us Indians realize that SRK BS is really BS!!! because we will have no idea about the person who you will be whining about and there will be a lot of indians who will shout at you saying "why is this thread even on IV???? who is this person that Mccaid is whining about???This thing happened to even the great SRK so why this whining???:D:D:D
If this happened to our prime minister Manmohan singh, I belive he would have just laughed. He would not have said "I am MM singh". The bottom line is there are certain rules and regulations and everybody (including SRK) is subject to them. Next time SRK travels he should consider carrying all the CDs of his movies with him to prove his "greatness".
If this happened to our prime minister Manmohan singh, I belive he would have just laughed. He would not have said "I am MM singh". The bottom line is there are certain rules and regulations and everybody (including SRK) is subject to them. Next time SRK travels he should consider carrying all the CDs of his movies with him to prove his "greatness".
Legal
07-21 05:38 PM
vdlrao,
There could be one problem with the above interpretation of overflow from FB category. I think the numbers shown in the document are from last year- end of Sep 07, not sure this applies to what is available for 2008. what do you think?
There could be one problem with the above interpretation of overflow from FB category. I think the numbers shown in the document are from last year- end of Sep 07, not sure this applies to what is available for 2008. what do you think?
ita
03-30 01:13 PM
I didn't know Lord Rama was part of BJP's manifesto this time.
You are so stuck with 90's. MMS brought economic reforms in 90's so he's reforms guy even though he didn't bring any in his current term.
LK was Lord Rama guy in 90's so he is Lord Rama guy even now.Just check BJP manifesto this time.
Santhan and the like(s)...I'm just breaking it down here...
Like I said in my previous posts religion is played heavily by MMS govt (read as Sonia...I'm sure MMS is a nice person) 4000 Missionaries came to India in last 5 years.More 4000 may come if you give them chance.Now nothing wrong with it generally speaking (except that only christian missionaries were granted visas and Jewsih groups were denied visas) but something wrong if we go by your 'I'don't care if Sankaracharya is jailed,I don't care for lord Rama guys' attitude.
Now these missionaries are setting up miracle boxes ,so far in rural areas, where poor people that drop their wishes in the box see miracles happening.Only hitch is entire family has to convert to Christianity.Yeah abuse of poverty.But there is discrimination (hoping that when you speak of poor you speak of poor of all religions)even in miracles.Some how these missionaries don't dare to mess with Muslim poor.So Muslim poor are left alone. Neither your MMS wrapped State does anything to alleviate their poverty nor these missionaries shower their miracles on them.
BTW it's not poor and Sankaracharya alone there are also other religious(for now Hindu) leaders in their list(Satya Sai Baba, Mata Amritanandamayee, Shri Shri Ravi Shanker Maharaj and many more) Now what's common in them apart from being Hindu leaders they are also immensely into helping your favorite poor people (no conversions though,you don't want to believe me just check out Mata Amritanandamayee's social service camps not for just Hindus all over the world.)
Now if a doctor doesn't get patients how will he survive?
Same way how will missionaries conduct their business if the poor and needy are helped .It's assured State won't help these poor population.Those who are helping them should go to jails so their popularity gets a dent among the masses.(not that their service stops anyways) So you MMS wrapper is facilitating all this.
I know too much stuff but our biased/bought media won't highlight these facts.Remember how A.P High court held media for setting up a 'media trial' even before anything was proved in Sankaracharya case?(nothing was proved till date but since you don't care let's not go there)
So your favorite MMS govt was busy with such things so far.
I know ignorance is bliss but know that bliss will not last long.
I am not saying MMS is the best....but better than others. Do you believe the so called Left the savior of our country. I am not bothering who is ruling or not. My only worry - what is done for our future. I strongly believe Left was the speed bump to the development of the country. Mr.Advani dont have anything but Ram Temple. I hardly see any value in that. He runs his politics based on religon and Ram temple. Let him put the plan and vision for out future, to build stronger India....I will be the first one to vote for him.
You are so stuck with 90's. MMS brought economic reforms in 90's so he's reforms guy even though he didn't bring any in his current term.
LK was Lord Rama guy in 90's so he is Lord Rama guy even now.Just check BJP manifesto this time.
Santhan and the like(s)...I'm just breaking it down here...
Like I said in my previous posts religion is played heavily by MMS govt (read as Sonia...I'm sure MMS is a nice person) 4000 Missionaries came to India in last 5 years.More 4000 may come if you give them chance.Now nothing wrong with it generally speaking (except that only christian missionaries were granted visas and Jewsih groups were denied visas) but something wrong if we go by your 'I'don't care if Sankaracharya is jailed,I don't care for lord Rama guys' attitude.
Now these missionaries are setting up miracle boxes ,so far in rural areas, where poor people that drop their wishes in the box see miracles happening.Only hitch is entire family has to convert to Christianity.Yeah abuse of poverty.But there is discrimination (hoping that when you speak of poor you speak of poor of all religions)even in miracles.Some how these missionaries don't dare to mess with Muslim poor.So Muslim poor are left alone. Neither your MMS wrapped State does anything to alleviate their poverty nor these missionaries shower their miracles on them.
BTW it's not poor and Sankaracharya alone there are also other religious(for now Hindu) leaders in their list(Satya Sai Baba, Mata Amritanandamayee, Shri Shri Ravi Shanker Maharaj and many more) Now what's common in them apart from being Hindu leaders they are also immensely into helping your favorite poor people (no conversions though,you don't want to believe me just check out Mata Amritanandamayee's social service camps not for just Hindus all over the world.)
Now if a doctor doesn't get patients how will he survive?
Same way how will missionaries conduct their business if the poor and needy are helped .It's assured State won't help these poor population.Those who are helping them should go to jails so their popularity gets a dent among the masses.(not that their service stops anyways) So you MMS wrapper is facilitating all this.
I know too much stuff but our biased/bought media won't highlight these facts.Remember how A.P High court held media for setting up a 'media trial' even before anything was proved in Sankaracharya case?(nothing was proved till date but since you don't care let's not go there)
So your favorite MMS govt was busy with such things so far.
I know ignorance is bliss but know that bliss will not last long.
I am not saying MMS is the best....but better than others. Do you believe the so called Left the savior of our country. I am not bothering who is ruling or not. My only worry - what is done for our future. I strongly believe Left was the speed bump to the development of the country. Mr.Advani dont have anything but Ram Temple. I hardly see any value in that. He runs his politics based on religon and Ram temple. Let him put the plan and vision for out future, to build stronger India....I will be the first one to vote for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment