reddy77
07-03 11:34 PM
Digged , Thanks admins for all these, I really appreciate your hardwork. I want to call senator/Rep in PA, Any contacts of them..
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
Ramba
03-30 02:14 PM
Ramba, can you please update your profile? I am surprised a Brazilian knows much about Indian politics.
If a Italian citizen controll the major Party of India; why not a Brazilian knows more?:)
Any way I will update soon....
If a Italian citizen controll the major Party of India; why not a Brazilian knows more?:)
Any way I will update soon....
HereIComeGC
02-15 12:43 PM
"CLASS ACTION AGAINST USCIS? My god, you have no idea what you're talking about"
Freedom without violence?? Man on the Moon?
Sounds familiar?
You would have said few months back "GC without FBI Namechecks? You have no idea what you are talking about"
You can't win if you don't even try. Simple as that. At the minimum, lawsuit will highlight all the issues in the broken process and get some serious media action.
I myself wanted to have my greencard NOW!!!
Unfortunately, I have to wait until there is a visa available.
Whether there is a shortcoming on their law here, as aliens, we should also respect the law just like their citizens.
Congress is the only one who could make changes to their existing laws and if they can't do it, bad luck to us.
Their hands are tied.
USCIS cannot do anything because they are just following the law.
Class action is a very big thing and I've read alot of responses here as if filing for a class action is like going to walmart and complain about a defective item you just bought.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm working for a law firm which gives me some idea how the legal system works.
CLASS ACTION AGAINST USCIS? My god, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Freedom without violence?? Man on the Moon?
Sounds familiar?
You would have said few months back "GC without FBI Namechecks? You have no idea what you are talking about"
You can't win if you don't even try. Simple as that. At the minimum, lawsuit will highlight all the issues in the broken process and get some serious media action.
I myself wanted to have my greencard NOW!!!
Unfortunately, I have to wait until there is a visa available.
Whether there is a shortcoming on their law here, as aliens, we should also respect the law just like their citizens.
Congress is the only one who could make changes to their existing laws and if they can't do it, bad luck to us.
Their hands are tied.
USCIS cannot do anything because they are just following the law.
Class action is a very big thing and I've read alot of responses here as if filing for a class action is like going to walmart and complain about a defective item you just bought.
I'm not a lawyer but I'm working for a law firm which gives me some idea how the legal system works.
CLASS ACTION AGAINST USCIS? My god, you have no idea what you're talking about.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
GCOffice
09-28 10:51 PM
Hi ,
My husband is a GC holder. For some family reasons we would like to stay in INDIA for couple of years(or maximum time we can). I know we have to apply for a reentry permit. Is it a tough one to get and how early should we apply for it.
Thanks in advance
My husband is a GC holder. For some family reasons we would like to stay in INDIA for couple of years(or maximum time we can). I know we have to apply for a reentry permit. Is it a tough one to get and how early should we apply for it.
Thanks in advance
more...
tempgc
09-14 03:15 PM
PERM applicants in 2005 (7276 of this 40% are Indian and 60% from EB2 ) -> 1750 LCA
1100 LCA => 3850 GC
.
I got the below numbers from the PERM FDLC site for the applications filed in 2005 and approved in different years of 2005,6,7,8
2005 India 1353 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2005)
2006 India 3888 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2006)
2007 India 60 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2007)
2008 India 10 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2008)
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
1100 LCA => 3850 GC
.
I got the below numbers from the PERM FDLC site for the applications filed in 2005 and approved in different years of 2005,6,7,8
2005 India 1353 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2005)
2006 India 3888 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2006)
2007 India 60 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2007)
2008 India 10 (filed in 2005 and approved in 2008)
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
logiclife
06-28 07:37 PM
I think the folks who decided to file on their own are clearly the winners here because they have complete control over when the AOS gets filed. Folks like me who decided to go with the company law firm are clearly the biggest losers here because with all the added work load, the law firms are in complete disarray and can not guarantee anything about when the cases will be filed. The company law firm I am dealing with is in so much disarray that they have stopped taking phone calls and they wouldn’t even talk to me on the phone.
I have submitted all documents and filled out all their forms a while ago and I still haven't heard a word from them about whether they have received all the documents and when do they expect to file my case. Yet this is the law firm that probably charges 400 bucks an hour.
Like logiclife said, I wish I would have done it myself. Well .. too late now :(
I suggest that you do this: Send the URL from AILA's memo about what happened to EB3-other worker category in June. And copy your HR and senior folks of your company when you email lawyer. That will tend to focus the attention of your lawfirm and they will either have to say "We will file asap" or they will have to say "AILA's memo doesnt mean anything".
I bet they will come back with the former conclusion.
Apparently, these lawyers have been too conditioned to work 30 hours per week and now, having to work 60 hours per week is too tough. NEWSFLASH LAWYERS : We idiots in IT and software very often work long hours to meet project deadlines. Its a part of life. Get used to it or like I said before, find something else to do. Like basket weaving or poetry writing so that you dont have to see deadlines and dont have to burn midnight oil.
I have submitted all documents and filled out all their forms a while ago and I still haven't heard a word from them about whether they have received all the documents and when do they expect to file my case. Yet this is the law firm that probably charges 400 bucks an hour.
Like logiclife said, I wish I would have done it myself. Well .. too late now :(
I suggest that you do this: Send the URL from AILA's memo about what happened to EB3-other worker category in June. And copy your HR and senior folks of your company when you email lawyer. That will tend to focus the attention of your lawfirm and they will either have to say "We will file asap" or they will have to say "AILA's memo doesnt mean anything".
I bet they will come back with the former conclusion.
Apparently, these lawyers have been too conditioned to work 30 hours per week and now, having to work 60 hours per week is too tough. NEWSFLASH LAWYERS : We idiots in IT and software very often work long hours to meet project deadlines. Its a part of life. Get used to it or like I said before, find something else to do. Like basket weaving or poetry writing so that you dont have to see deadlines and dont have to burn midnight oil.
more...
ivar
01-13 04:34 PM
Most important of all There are people (Legal) immigrants who have bought house recently and will have to sell adding more pain to the real estate market.
AILA should. I heard a lots of para legal staffs are already lost their jobs. Because there were less H1, and GC filings. Actually there is a huge economy based on immigration. If USCIS just changes the rules as they want that would affect lots of US citizens not just few immigrants.
Lets see which businesses/people are making money out of immigration related activities.
1) Attorney
2) Paralegal staff
3) Shipping guys (usps, fedex, etc)
4) Airlines (because immigrant workers has to visit their home country periodically)
5) Consulate
6) USCIS
7) Contractors in USCIS
8) Port of Entry/customs staffs
9) Notaries
10) Doctors/hospitals for getting medical clearance for 485, etc
11) Passport photo shops
12) Airport staffs
13) ....
AILA should. I heard a lots of para legal staffs are already lost their jobs. Because there were less H1, and GC filings. Actually there is a huge economy based on immigration. If USCIS just changes the rules as they want that would affect lots of US citizens not just few immigrants.
Lets see which businesses/people are making money out of immigration related activities.
1) Attorney
2) Paralegal staff
3) Shipping guys (usps, fedex, etc)
4) Airlines (because immigrant workers has to visit their home country periodically)
5) Consulate
6) USCIS
7) Contractors in USCIS
8) Port of Entry/customs staffs
9) Notaries
10) Doctors/hospitals for getting medical clearance for 485, etc
11) Passport photo shops
12) Airport staffs
13) ....
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
samay
07-14 06:13 AM
I have applied for 485 last year and I already have I-140 approved so I meet the criteria for AC21.
My question is that I have not applied for EAD and I am still on H1 with same employer. In case I lose job will I be considered out of status immediately for the reason that I am not using EAD. As I understand being on EAD allows some flexibility in gap in employment until the time of approval of 485 application.
I suggest you apply for your EAD as soon as you can. It allows you a lot more flexibility and also helps with other issues such as the drivers license.
My question is that I have not applied for EAD and I am still on H1 with same employer. In case I lose job will I be considered out of status immediately for the reason that I am not using EAD. As I understand being on EAD allows some flexibility in gap in employment until the time of approval of 485 application.
I suggest you apply for your EAD as soon as you can. It allows you a lot more flexibility and also helps with other issues such as the drivers license.
more...
jkays94
05-11 09:57 AM
E3 visa is not enough reason to move to Australia.If ultimate decision is to come back to US ,then Canada is a better choice.
Lot of couples are there who are both on H1-B visa here, their GC plight is also same
The company I work for has an office in Sydney, Australia and recently opened one in Toronto but it is not fully operational. In such a case E3 might work better than Canada PR since it takes 3 years to get Canadian citizenship and 2 years to get Australian citizenship and one could potentially retain the US job if one manages to strike an arrangement with their employer. Also this option might work better for those whose home country is close to Australia (eg Indonesia, Singapore, New Zealand etc). Also note the benefit of the E-3 is that one's spouse can work without restrictions and it is indefinitely renewable while the TN's spouse is not allowed to work. They both have pros and cons. Geographically and culture wise (ie way of life) Canada makes for an easier transition back to the US. Personally I have applied for the Canadian PR for the reasons you cite.
Edit: Note that it now takes 4 years to become an Australian Citizen per ZCool below. Thanks nozerd and ZCool.
Lot of couples are there who are both on H1-B visa here, their GC plight is also same
The company I work for has an office in Sydney, Australia and recently opened one in Toronto but it is not fully operational. In such a case E3 might work better than Canada PR since it takes 3 years to get Canadian citizenship and 2 years to get Australian citizenship and one could potentially retain the US job if one manages to strike an arrangement with their employer. Also this option might work better for those whose home country is close to Australia (eg Indonesia, Singapore, New Zealand etc). Also note the benefit of the E-3 is that one's spouse can work without restrictions and it is indefinitely renewable while the TN's spouse is not allowed to work. They both have pros and cons. Geographically and culture wise (ie way of life) Canada makes for an easier transition back to the US. Personally I have applied for the Canadian PR for the reasons you cite.
Edit: Note that it now takes 4 years to become an Australian Citizen per ZCool below. Thanks nozerd and ZCool.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
desi3933
07-29 12:28 PM
....
....
This does not mean that the CIS has closed out all of the pre-2006 cases pending in their inventory. Far from it. When the new fiscal year starts, Indian E2 is likely to retrogress back to late 2002 or early 2003. This is roughly the point reached by the CIS in processing their inventory of pending cases.
....
....
I agree with this comment. Starting Oct, EB2-Ind is likely to retrogress to 03/2003 to 06/2003.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
....
This does not mean that the CIS has closed out all of the pre-2006 cases pending in their inventory. Far from it. When the new fiscal year starts, Indian E2 is likely to retrogress back to late 2002 or early 2003. This is roughly the point reached by the CIS in processing their inventory of pending cases.
....
....
I agree with this comment. Starting Oct, EB2-Ind is likely to retrogress to 03/2003 to 06/2003.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
more...
sunny1000
01-05 04:55 PM
^^^^^
WTF? why are you bumping this useless thread?
WTF? why are you bumping this useless thread?
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
Legal
07-21 05:38 PM
vdlrao,
There could be one problem with the above interpretation of overflow from FB category. I think the numbers shown in the document are from last year- end of Sep 07, not sure this applies to what is available for 2008. what do you think?
There could be one problem with the above interpretation of overflow from FB category. I think the numbers shown in the document are from last year- end of Sep 07, not sure this applies to what is available for 2008. what do you think?
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
fairman
08-15 10:47 PM
I believe visitors get finger printed and photographed . Isn't that in the system ?
If they felt suspicious on this 'khan' they should have pulled the records from computer .
Dealing with USCIS ( and the service center Information Officers ) , they are either arrogrant or idiots. They also hate computers.
If they felt suspicious on this 'khan' they should have pulled the records from computer .
Dealing with USCIS ( and the service center Information Officers ) , they are either arrogrant or idiots. They also hate computers.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
dvb123
02-16 02:22 PM
I think this discussion is enough. The ratio of persons wanting to file a case agains't USCIS is more than 85% . The poll never reduced to less than 85% even after a lot of members were added at different intervals.
We need plaintiffs. People who have been working for fortune 500 companies or govt organisations or non profit organisations or university research or commercial research organisations will be the best fit because they will have a clean immigration history? I think we need a seperate thread for plaintiffs or a seperate group. What do u guys say? Somebody can also contact AILA also about plaintiffs. We may need to start a seperate thread or seperate yahoo group for plaintiffs.
We need plaintiffs. People who have been working for fortune 500 companies or govt organisations or non profit organisations or university research or commercial research organisations will be the best fit because they will have a clean immigration history? I think we need a seperate thread for plaintiffs or a seperate group. What do u guys say? Somebody can also contact AILA also about plaintiffs. We may need to start a seperate thread or seperate yahoo group for plaintiffs.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
nissan_1
09-24 03:54 PM
Mailed all...
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
perm2gc
08-03 04:19 PM
The Labour substitution is good option for few but not many. The process should be totally elimindate so that FIFO people will have a fair chance.Their only few people who really are need of it but 99% are fraudant people.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
Macaca
07-04 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Macaca ( add ons from forum in red)
I am trying an outline for sending to media + lawmakers + ...
I meant a scan of the other 100 page thread Breaking news. I did not follow that thread and it has lot of issues. Please summarize issues mentioned in Breaking News thread here.
I will add issues from this thread! thanks
I am trying an outline for sending to media + lawmakers + ...
I meant a scan of the other 100 page thread Breaking news. I did not follow that thread and it has lot of issues. Please summarize issues mentioned in Breaking News thread here.
I will add issues from this thread! thanks
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
vdlrao
09-15 03:19 PM
Vdlrao,
You are admired a lot for bringing in hope for lot of people with your EB2 prediction thread, can you jump in and throw some numbers here please if you think the numbers quoted are out of way, i understand this is time consuming but since you already did your homework last time around it should take you few minutes to come up with some realistic numbers.
Hi ocpmachine,
I dont know the exact Eb2 India labors certified for the given years. But initially I assumed that Eb2 India would be almost current or in the worst case it would cross 2006 because of the spill over. Because I assumed and hoped very high on the spill over numbers. But in reality the spill overs also didnt make a big impact in the EB2 India movement. See the previous visa bulletins you could find that Eb2 is is in the middle of 2004 in the year of 2005 itself. Since 2005 to 2007 its there in 2004 many times.
But in 2008 and 2009 EB2 India got the maximum share of the spill over visas. But still the dates are in the first month of 2005. So hardly EB2 India moved forward about 6 months to 9 months in the duration of 2008 and 2009 with the help of spill overs. That too in this bad economy where there would be comparatively less labors applied than the previous years.
So I am expecting a steady and consistent forward movement of EB2 India but not a quick jumps of couple of years in single bulletin.
I hope it makes clear to everybody. And all we need is an EB immigration reform.
You are admired a lot for bringing in hope for lot of people with your EB2 prediction thread, can you jump in and throw some numbers here please if you think the numbers quoted are out of way, i understand this is time consuming but since you already did your homework last time around it should take you few minutes to come up with some realistic numbers.
Hi ocpmachine,
I dont know the exact Eb2 India labors certified for the given years. But initially I assumed that Eb2 India would be almost current or in the worst case it would cross 2006 because of the spill over. Because I assumed and hoped very high on the spill over numbers. But in reality the spill overs also didnt make a big impact in the EB2 India movement. See the previous visa bulletins you could find that Eb2 is is in the middle of 2004 in the year of 2005 itself. Since 2005 to 2007 its there in 2004 many times.
But in 2008 and 2009 EB2 India got the maximum share of the spill over visas. But still the dates are in the first month of 2005. So hardly EB2 India moved forward about 6 months to 9 months in the duration of 2008 and 2009 with the help of spill overs. That too in this bad economy where there would be comparatively less labors applied than the previous years.
So I am expecting a steady and consistent forward movement of EB2 India but not a quick jumps of couple of years in single bulletin.
I hope it makes clear to everybody. And all we need is an EB immigration reform.
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
BharatPremi
12-13 06:02 PM
it's not the cost of getting an opinion that matters.
See my two prior posts on being pragmatic.
I see your point that if we are sure of not getting the result than why to take pain...
But are we really that squared and check mate for this issue?
See my two prior posts on being pragmatic.
I see your point that if we are sure of not getting the result than why to take pain...
But are we really that squared and check mate for this issue?
desibechara
10-09 04:01 PM
what if both husband & wife get jobs and come here on TN vsia, then how does TD visa apply because both are working? is that possible for both to work in US without one getting into this TD tangle?
db
db
hebbar77
09-04 04:06 PM
Please contribute to IV before start collection for political party. Thanks
I will donate to IV if I believe it made a different to my GC process.
I will donate to IV if I believe it made a different to my GC process.
No comments:
Post a Comment