narendra_modi
01-15 01:11 PM
It wont be an issue since you already gor your GC or I-485 filed. I failed to understand still what you are doing here.
If one filed I-485, isn't employee-employer relationship comes under a questionmark? what if that company is closed ? And if this memo is implemented, most of the GC filing IT Inc. will be shut down sooner and hence will be a big mess..they are the ones who are supporting for their GC.
If one filed I-485, isn't employee-employer relationship comes under a questionmark? what if that company is closed ? And if this memo is implemented, most of the GC filing IT Inc. will be shut down sooner and hence will be a big mess..they are the ones who are supporting for their GC.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
krisganta
09-04 10:51 AM
I agree..admin please delete this thread. This has nothing to do with the immigration issues that we are facing.
kshitijnt
05-30 01:59 AM
Gaurav, you are right on the it. I am not saying ignore or accept, but spend your efforts there where you can get maximum return.
like creating new quota for PHD/Masters, Visa Recapture, removing country limit from skilled EB immigration and NOT counting family members/dependents in yearly limit. If we can get even one of above done, it would give the best mileage as compared to go all after EB-1 abuse. You surely can write to CIS/Ombudsman/whoever but support IV for above efforts.
I very much like your suggestions. Even one of this will help the community a lot. Our community should act more like an "alliance based democracy" in India that comes together to serve common purpose where everyone has some takeaway. We should exit the partisan leg pulling business soon. It is more damaging than we think it is.
like creating new quota for PHD/Masters, Visa Recapture, removing country limit from skilled EB immigration and NOT counting family members/dependents in yearly limit. If we can get even one of above done, it would give the best mileage as compared to go all after EB-1 abuse. You surely can write to CIS/Ombudsman/whoever but support IV for above efforts.
I very much like your suggestions. Even one of this will help the community a lot. Our community should act more like an "alliance based democracy" in India that comes together to serve common purpose where everyone has some takeaway. We should exit the partisan leg pulling business soon. It is more damaging than we think it is.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
reddymjm
09-25 06:33 AM
Even though enactment of the visa recapture and nursing relief bills within the 110th Congress was slim, the foreign professionals watched the webcast of the hearing yesterday with a tremendous despair, adjourning the hearing without taking up these immigration bills. Guess what the last word of the Chairman was: Photo session of the Committee members on the 24th! It is gone, gone, and gone. No more glimmer of hope within this 110th Congress.
more...
Lasantha
12-14 03:45 PM
Good summary but let me also add the observation that eliminating the per country quota alone will not bring the desired benefit unless the following are also implemneted
1) Increase of the total EB quota
2) Exclude dependents from the quota
3) Re-capture unused visas from past years.
To summarize the discussions on this thread:
Yes, it is 7 % for all countries.
Now it is manifestly obvious that the 7 % figure is arbitrary, and not fair. That much we can all agree on.
The real question, as raised in the first post of the thread by soljabhai is:
(A) Is that constitutional?
(B) (And this is the real question): If it is, what should we do about it?
Intelligent questions, both.
The answer to (A) is not clear. We need a competent constitutional expert to opine on the matter.
For (B), (which is what the thread is really all about), there are lively discussions with differing views.
lazycis has presented good evidence that the case is not cut and dried legally. It might be unfair, but those are the laws.
mbartosik, alterego, me and others have argued (from different angles) in terms of pragmatism. (Cost is not worth the benefit)
garybanz, soljabhai, and others have argued that it is worth it (Cost is worth the benefit).
Anyway, agree or disagree, its an interesting thread with interesting posts..
1) Increase of the total EB quota
2) Exclude dependents from the quota
3) Re-capture unused visas from past years.
To summarize the discussions on this thread:
Yes, it is 7 % for all countries.
Now it is manifestly obvious that the 7 % figure is arbitrary, and not fair. That much we can all agree on.
The real question, as raised in the first post of the thread by soljabhai is:
(A) Is that constitutional?
(B) (And this is the real question): If it is, what should we do about it?
Intelligent questions, both.
The answer to (A) is not clear. We need a competent constitutional expert to opine on the matter.
For (B), (which is what the thread is really all about), there are lively discussions with differing views.
lazycis has presented good evidence that the case is not cut and dried legally. It might be unfair, but those are the laws.
mbartosik, alterego, me and others have argued (from different angles) in terms of pragmatism. (Cost is not worth the benefit)
garybanz, soljabhai, and others have argued that it is worth it (Cost is worth the benefit).
Anyway, agree or disagree, its an interesting thread with interesting posts..
Roger Binny
05-28 11:46 PM
Problem is with out any attorney's support or making a case for them they cannot file it, stupid creativity by legal folks and these sweat shop clowns.
Same thing happened with labor substitution, these clowns sold their labor certifications to just came in tards for a premium, and they got their GC's.
Fr****ekkkkkin loop holes.
Same thing happened with labor substitution, these clowns sold their labor certifications to just came in tards for a premium, and they got their GC's.
Fr****ekkkkkin loop holes.
more...
BharatPremi
05-16 06:12 PM
Both Tamils and Singalese are our people. They migrated to Lanka about 2-3 thousand years back. Now the fighting is for stamping authority to rule one over the other.
2000 years back most of the south India speaks Tamil/Dravidian language. Malayalam is a new language made from Sanskrit and Tamil.
No one is sure who migrated to Lanka first. Tamils are still in India, so poeple think they migrated and now making a fight with the foreign country. It is wrong. See the links below to see the Singalese miration details.
We all have heard about great war of Kalinga in Which Samart Ashoka's army killed almost 2 hundred thosand people in a very short span of time. At the time thosands of people fled from Patliputra to current Odissa and many from that lot kept on pushing them till they found their last destination which is Sri Lanka. Decendents of these people today call them Sinhaleese. In the last 2 centuray British colonized Sri Lanka like India and ruled it. British take tamils to sri lanka for labor. Thus the ancestors of present day Sri Lankan's tamils have fairly recently migrated to Sri Lanka.
2000 years back most of the south India speaks Tamil/Dravidian language. Malayalam is a new language made from Sanskrit and Tamil.
No one is sure who migrated to Lanka first. Tamils are still in India, so poeple think they migrated and now making a fight with the foreign country. It is wrong. See the links below to see the Singalese miration details.
We all have heard about great war of Kalinga in Which Samart Ashoka's army killed almost 2 hundred thosand people in a very short span of time. At the time thosands of people fled from Patliputra to current Odissa and many from that lot kept on pushing them till they found their last destination which is Sri Lanka. Decendents of these people today call them Sinhaleese. In the last 2 centuray British colonized Sri Lanka like India and ruled it. British take tamils to sri lanka for labor. Thus the ancestors of present day Sri Lankan's tamils have fairly recently migrated to Sri Lanka.
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
jhaalaa
01-13 05:19 PM
IV Core and Administrators
1. AOS applicants using EAD are presently unaffected (if they do not have H1) by this memo. Could you please inquire from USCIS contacts, in case more similar "guidelines" are being planned for folks using EADs?
2. Also is something more being planned/announced for AC21's "same or similar" criteria? A while back we had a thread collecting evidences and suggestions from the IV members about its interpretation. Please help provide a status update about the meetings with USCIS, IV core group discussions and plans, etc.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Best Wishes for all.
1. AOS applicants using EAD are presently unaffected (if they do not have H1) by this memo. Could you please inquire from USCIS contacts, in case more similar "guidelines" are being planned for folks using EADs?
2. Also is something more being planned/announced for AC21's "same or similar" criteria? A while back we had a thread collecting evidences and suggestions from the IV members about its interpretation. Please help provide a status update about the meetings with USCIS, IV core group discussions and plans, etc.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Best Wishes for all.
more...
Jungle_Cat
02-14 02:37 PM
$25 for intial consultation....If there is a solid ground to go forward,am there for this movement.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
vallabhu
10-29 12:23 PM
I like the idea I dont know if this is already discussed but one thought I would like to share
Because it is for sure that Congress will not Agree to give away GC with out wait time so we should show them some thing more attractive than just initial short term plan of investing on a home and getitng a GC what if some buys a home gets a GC and then sell it off for a 10-15 grand less prise I am ok to loose 15 Grand if I can get to apply 485 overnight.
We make it attractive and more meaning full for economy and to congreess by saying we will buy a home make payments for 3 to 5 years without delinquency to apply for 485.
Just a thought.
Because it is for sure that Congress will not Agree to give away GC with out wait time so we should show them some thing more attractive than just initial short term plan of investing on a home and getitng a GC what if some buys a home gets a GC and then sell it off for a 10-15 grand less prise I am ok to loose 15 Grand if I can get to apply 485 overnight.
We make it attractive and more meaning full for economy and to congreess by saying we will buy a home make payments for 3 to 5 years without delinquency to apply for 485.
Just a thought.
more...
srikondoji
06-26 01:16 PM
Bold, blue and big font. I couldnot read your message at all.
Could you retype it with normal font size,color and without any fancy stuff. Please?
EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM :
PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS ! WE ARE ALREADY STRESSED AS IT IS. WE DONT NEED ONE MORE RUMOR LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW.
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOME SORT OF LOGIC TO SUPPORT IT, PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, FOR GOD'S SAKE !
IF YOU ARE FEELING INSURED, HELPLESS AND WITH NO CONFIDENCE - JUST REMEMBER, ALMOST EVERYONE IS FEELING THE SAME. JUST DONT HIT THE PANIC BUTTON BASED ON NOTHING, PLEASE !
JUST FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR LAWYER AND MAKE ALL THE DOCUMENTS READY TO FILE AS SOON AS YOU CAN. THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO ! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS LET IT HAPPEN. NO NEED TO LIVE IT THRU TWICE, ONCE NOW AND ONCE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.
PEACE.:mad:
Could you retype it with normal font size,color and without any fancy stuff. Please?
EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM :
PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS ! WE ARE ALREADY STRESSED AS IT IS. WE DONT NEED ONE MORE RUMOR LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW.
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOME SORT OF LOGIC TO SUPPORT IT, PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, FOR GOD'S SAKE !
IF YOU ARE FEELING INSURED, HELPLESS AND WITH NO CONFIDENCE - JUST REMEMBER, ALMOST EVERYONE IS FEELING THE SAME. JUST DONT HIT THE PANIC BUTTON BASED ON NOTHING, PLEASE !
JUST FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR LAWYER AND MAKE ALL THE DOCUMENTS READY TO FILE AS SOON AS YOU CAN. THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO ! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS LET IT HAPPEN. NO NEED TO LIVE IT THRU TWICE, ONCE NOW AND ONCE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.
PEACE.:mad:
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
n2b
09-23 11:18 AM
Let me slice & dice your thought!
this is totally lame idea!Why, do you have any brighter idea than this? Until you have one at least this is something to act upon! Though, if you have an idea please post, majority of people on this forum are good listeners and executioners unlike you maybe.
immigration policy is a social and an economic issue..not just economics..At least we are putting something on the table that can take care of one issue in your opinion i.e. the economic issue, pls let the social issue aside at least the way you are putting it, it sounds more like a racist issue!!!
They dont want too many ppl from one country ..that is the reason for 7% quota...why cant you digest that fact...How many times have other members mentioned to folks like you that the people you are talking about are already in this country, unlike you I do not see why would there be any concern around having too many ppl from one country? It seems like only you seem to be scared of a different breed around you!
we can fight injustice if we feel we are being treated in an unfair manner..is this justice to restrict EB categories by country limits and not having such limit for H1Bs or L1s? Why not have same policies across the board if it's right? You might think this is justice because of your racial thoughts!
but this carrot-and stick approach will back fire...I can partially agree to this...we have to make sure this approach does not back fire!
i know many who have bought homes even when they were on H1...In which case you would also know many who haven't bought homes because they are unsure about their greencards! (ps - I am house owner so this one don't really matter to me but I am all up for it.)
you must be really creative to link EB GC and purchasing a house!You are right, the reason we fall in to the EB categories is because of our creativity! why do you fall into EB category anyways?
this is totally lame idea!Why, do you have any brighter idea than this? Until you have one at least this is something to act upon! Though, if you have an idea please post, majority of people on this forum are good listeners and executioners unlike you maybe.
immigration policy is a social and an economic issue..not just economics..At least we are putting something on the table that can take care of one issue in your opinion i.e. the economic issue, pls let the social issue aside at least the way you are putting it, it sounds more like a racist issue!!!
They dont want too many ppl from one country ..that is the reason for 7% quota...why cant you digest that fact...How many times have other members mentioned to folks like you that the people you are talking about are already in this country, unlike you I do not see why would there be any concern around having too many ppl from one country? It seems like only you seem to be scared of a different breed around you!
we can fight injustice if we feel we are being treated in an unfair manner..is this justice to restrict EB categories by country limits and not having such limit for H1Bs or L1s? Why not have same policies across the board if it's right? You might think this is justice because of your racial thoughts!
but this carrot-and stick approach will back fire...I can partially agree to this...we have to make sure this approach does not back fire!
i know many who have bought homes even when they were on H1...In which case you would also know many who haven't bought homes because they are unsure about their greencards! (ps - I am house owner so this one don't really matter to me but I am all up for it.)
you must be really creative to link EB GC and purchasing a house!You are right, the reason we fall in to the EB categories is because of our creativity! why do you fall into EB category anyways?
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
angelfire76
05-31 06:03 PM
whatever the case may be, until there is a VISA recapture we are not going to get our GC's anytime soon. Please admit this fact.
What I would suggest is that we work with Indian Govt. parallely (specially people who are moving back or planning to move back) to get back the Social Security/Medicare contributions we had been making. We need to show that if we start going back we would add $$$ to Indian economy. This would also trigger US govt. to think on this issue (i think..)
US works when there is big money involved... otherwise nothing would move here...
Just my thoughts.
Recently I was on a flight from Delhi to Mumbai and the guy next to me was a former RBI employee. I asked him as to why the Indian govt. is not doing anything about the billions of USD left behind by Indians returning to India in the form of SSA and Medicare taxes, to which he replied that the obstacle to a treaty as stated by the US govt. is that India does not have a system comparable to Soc. Security and Medicare for distribution of money to it's retirees.
Such a pact was apparently considered in 2006, but went nowhere due to disagreement about how the Indian govt. will track money distribution and administer the program.
What I would suggest is that we work with Indian Govt. parallely (specially people who are moving back or planning to move back) to get back the Social Security/Medicare contributions we had been making. We need to show that if we start going back we would add $$$ to Indian economy. This would also trigger US govt. to think on this issue (i think..)
US works when there is big money involved... otherwise nothing would move here...
Just my thoughts.
Recently I was on a flight from Delhi to Mumbai and the guy next to me was a former RBI employee. I asked him as to why the Indian govt. is not doing anything about the billions of USD left behind by Indians returning to India in the form of SSA and Medicare taxes, to which he replied that the obstacle to a treaty as stated by the US govt. is that India does not have a system comparable to Soc. Security and Medicare for distribution of money to it's retirees.
Such a pact was apparently considered in 2006, but went nowhere due to disagreement about how the Indian govt. will track money distribution and administer the program.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
sidbee
06-02 04:01 PM
I am sure once you take a lead and file it yourself many will agree with you then. People will know it is not just talk and posts but you mean it.
If i had the time and money , to do it , I wont be appealing to IV to do it.
I would have done it by now, and not requesting a team effort.
If i had the time and money , to do it , I wont be appealing to IV to do it.
I would have done it by now, and not requesting a team effort.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
shx
08-02 03:52 AM
Guys! This is getting interesting. Guess what I found!! Now you can find out the names of your local friendly Amway Independent Business owners!!!
Go to https://www.amway.com/Shop/Registration/CustomerRegistration.aspx?Country=US
Scroll down to the section titled "Benefits of Being Affiliated with an Independent Business Owner", select "Show me a list of IBOs in my area that I can select from".... put your zip code and voila!!!!
I put my own zipcode 94536, and most of the names are desi. Confirms my suspicion that there are more desi's sucked into this than........
Now post what you find in your area!
Go to https://www.amway.com/Shop/Registration/CustomerRegistration.aspx?Country=US
Scroll down to the section titled "Benefits of Being Affiliated with an Independent Business Owner", select "Show me a list of IBOs in my area that I can select from".... put your zip code and voila!!!!
I put my own zipcode 94536, and most of the names are desi. Confirms my suspicion that there are more desi's sucked into this than........
Now post what you find in your area!
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
whitecollarslave
09-23 12:14 PM
Has anybody really tried to get a mortgage recently? I have been denied by 8 lenders so far simply because I don't have a green card. Most lenders have tightened their underwriting guidelines. They will give mortgages only to U.S.Citizens or somebody who is a permanent resident aka having a green card. There are very very few lenders who will give mortgages to somebody on a visa and the rates may not be very favorable.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
dilber
07-15 07:25 PM
For first quarter EB2 India will have 1/4 of 9,800(7% of 140k visas), which are 2,450 visas. I wonder
how u got 800 visas. I dont see much retrogression in EB2 dates other than some mild ones. And the dates move pretty fast on a whole.
About EB3: it wont be like now all the time. The Immigration reform bill wont keep failing all the time. There would be a time for it to pass in the next two years. As soon as it passes all our Employment Based categories, specifically EB3, will get greatest benefit with PDs almost becoming current.
Vdlrao:
First of let me congratulate you. You have been amazingly accurate time and time again about the movement. Do you have some internal sources:rolleyes:
Jokes aside I think you miss calculated the 2450 visas for the first quarter for the EB2 India. I think the 7% country limit is on a state as a whole including EB1, EB2, EB3, and others. So going by this India gets 9800 visas for a year without any spillovers. The spillovers happen in the final quarter only so for each of the first 3 quarters EB2 will get 28 percent of one fourth of 9800 and the same amount will go to EB1 and EB3 as well. so EB2 I gets 686 visas. But I agree with you that in the last quarter EB2 I will move very fast because it will get all the spillovers from EB1 and EB2 ROW..
how u got 800 visas. I dont see much retrogression in EB2 dates other than some mild ones. And the dates move pretty fast on a whole.
About EB3: it wont be like now all the time. The Immigration reform bill wont keep failing all the time. There would be a time for it to pass in the next two years. As soon as it passes all our Employment Based categories, specifically EB3, will get greatest benefit with PDs almost becoming current.
Vdlrao:
First of let me congratulate you. You have been amazingly accurate time and time again about the movement. Do you have some internal sources:rolleyes:
Jokes aside I think you miss calculated the 2450 visas for the first quarter for the EB2 India. I think the 7% country limit is on a state as a whole including EB1, EB2, EB3, and others. So going by this India gets 9800 visas for a year without any spillovers. The spillovers happen in the final quarter only so for each of the first 3 quarters EB2 will get 28 percent of one fourth of 9800 and the same amount will go to EB1 and EB3 as well. so EB2 I gets 686 visas. But I agree with you that in the last quarter EB2 I will move very fast because it will get all the spillovers from EB1 and EB2 ROW..
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
krishnam70
07-10 01:42 PM
Wish you the very best byeusa......
I might be moving to Canada next summer if there is no progress in my case here...My PD is Nov 2003 EB-3...I got my Canadian PR in May 2005 and I have until May 2008 to move.....So keeping my fingers crossed..I too work for a Canadian company in US.....Wish you good luck...
we have until july 2008 to move in to canada, lets see its probably bye bye usa if something does not happen until then. tired of waiting for this elusive GC, my story is verry verry similar to byeusa..
I might be moving to Canada next summer if there is no progress in my case here...My PD is Nov 2003 EB-3...I got my Canadian PR in May 2005 and I have until May 2008 to move.....So keeping my fingers crossed..I too work for a Canadian company in US.....Wish you good luck...
we have until july 2008 to move in to canada, lets see its probably bye bye usa if something does not happen until then. tired of waiting for this elusive GC, my story is verry verry similar to byeusa..
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
chi_shark
01-25 03:06 PM
so you are saying your benefits are not worth $12000? Then whose mistake is it that you parted with it?
From the day I came to this country , I have spent around $12,000 on immigration including H1-Bs, filing GC, APs, EADs extra. Not to mention the traveling for visa stamps and whole other shit load of expenses. I guess most of people who paid for filing GC did spent same amount of money.
Hell ya, Some one got to be benefiting from my $12000.
From the day I came to this country , I have spent around $12,000 on immigration including H1-Bs, filing GC, APs, EADs extra. Not to mention the traveling for visa stamps and whole other shit load of expenses. I guess most of people who paid for filing GC did spent same amount of money.
Hell ya, Some one got to be benefiting from my $12000.
snthampi
07-28 12:18 PM
I was an 'IBO' in the past. did the business for 2 years and quit. so, i am one of those "quitters" as called by up-lines and one of the many reasons why the average yearly income is only $115/year :)
you people are fighting for two totally different reasons
(1) is Amway business illegal for H1Bs? and is Amway business model a ponzi scheme ? been with this business, I can still stand behind the business model - its fair and simple. you just buy from one manufacturer and advertise that to others. if you notice, they are actually advertising Amway Global on national TV. Are the products worth the money you pay is a different subject. can H1Bs do this, i hear yes/no from various sources and that is a separate subject too. this thread is about the bitter experiences and not the business model itself.
(2) Now came BWW (for those of you don't know this term, this is the reason for all your heartaches / broken friendships and bitter experiences).
how do you advertise your product/site ?????
when i joined the business, I have atleast 10 very good friends. I talked to all of them and asked them to understand the business model, and not worry about the advertising part. I took all of them to major conferences (they couldn't say no to me out of friendship and curiosity on what i saw in it despite horror stories) but no one was keen at that time. so, i told them to come and see me when they have some free time and are thinking about making money part-time. no hurry. thats it. no clashes between friends or bad blood. no means no. they are your friends and they will come to you when they are looking. NO HURRY.. thats me.
this is the point where problems start. BWW talks and teaches about doing it NOW. they want us to go through as many people as possible and believe in numbers game. if you show the plan to 100 people, 1 active IBO will join. so, show the plan 3 times a week at-least. that's the motto. when they asked me to go for cold contacting i refused out-right. how can i convince a total stranger when my close friends who believe in me couldn't see it.
most of you are crying foul of people "cold" contacting you with fake smile/friendship while they want you to join the business. but everything has to do with BWW and their methods/CDs/meetings etc. its like a competition. the sooner you grow, they grow. so, they want you to grow as fast as possible. if you have to loose your friends/relatives on the way - your up-lines don't care. they say they are your friends/family. how can that be true ??
to Kushal: I wish you luck with your business. but you have some temper my friend. who are you fighting with ?? folks on an online forum ?? you should know better than to throw stones at someone who doesn't have a name. what are you thinking.. you think you can convince everyone here to believe Amway/quixstar is good ???? seriously ?? only if convincing is that easy ;p
to rest of the team: I know you don't approve the advertising part by randomly meeting people. I didn't do it either and extensive damage is done. people run away from Amway/quixstar like plague because some people want to get rich quick and asked their down-lines to spread the word as fast as they can. "run through people". find 1 person willing to work at the expense of 99 people getting offended by you. word of mouth advertising works both ways. bad publicity spreads faster :)
all I am saying is: people advertised Amway really bad. people hate amway but they should really be mad at BWW and their strategies. it is unfortunate that no one really knows or interested to know what Amway model really is. all they can think of is about horrible experiences of cold contacting and repeated chasing.
again, i am not with this business now but still think its a good model. it is based on word of mouth advertising, franchising, residual income - everything e-commerce (which is a subject taught at some universities). now add some short sighted people to do the teaching and BINGO.. screwed it up big time.
Hi Gopi,
Good post. But tell me why should i give a damn about either Amway or BWW? I don't.
It is horribly insane to talk to your business ambitions to a stranger. Every person is different and I personally take it offensive when someone I don't know comes and bothers me with his/her business nonsense. I am sure there are many people who think in the same way.
In the beginning, whenever a I came across a Desi in a mall or in a public place, it used to make me happy. Now, I always suspect that it could be a Amway SOB who is coming to me with his trash bag.
By the way, Gopi, this is nothing against you personally.
To all Amway street walkers, get the hell out of my way. I don't want to hear your nonsense. Period.
you people are fighting for two totally different reasons
(1) is Amway business illegal for H1Bs? and is Amway business model a ponzi scheme ? been with this business, I can still stand behind the business model - its fair and simple. you just buy from one manufacturer and advertise that to others. if you notice, they are actually advertising Amway Global on national TV. Are the products worth the money you pay is a different subject. can H1Bs do this, i hear yes/no from various sources and that is a separate subject too. this thread is about the bitter experiences and not the business model itself.
(2) Now came BWW (for those of you don't know this term, this is the reason for all your heartaches / broken friendships and bitter experiences).
how do you advertise your product/site ?????
when i joined the business, I have atleast 10 very good friends. I talked to all of them and asked them to understand the business model, and not worry about the advertising part. I took all of them to major conferences (they couldn't say no to me out of friendship and curiosity on what i saw in it despite horror stories) but no one was keen at that time. so, i told them to come and see me when they have some free time and are thinking about making money part-time. no hurry. thats it. no clashes between friends or bad blood. no means no. they are your friends and they will come to you when they are looking. NO HURRY.. thats me.
this is the point where problems start. BWW talks and teaches about doing it NOW. they want us to go through as many people as possible and believe in numbers game. if you show the plan to 100 people, 1 active IBO will join. so, show the plan 3 times a week at-least. that's the motto. when they asked me to go for cold contacting i refused out-right. how can i convince a total stranger when my close friends who believe in me couldn't see it.
most of you are crying foul of people "cold" contacting you with fake smile/friendship while they want you to join the business. but everything has to do with BWW and their methods/CDs/meetings etc. its like a competition. the sooner you grow, they grow. so, they want you to grow as fast as possible. if you have to loose your friends/relatives on the way - your up-lines don't care. they say they are your friends/family. how can that be true ??
to Kushal: I wish you luck with your business. but you have some temper my friend. who are you fighting with ?? folks on an online forum ?? you should know better than to throw stones at someone who doesn't have a name. what are you thinking.. you think you can convince everyone here to believe Amway/quixstar is good ???? seriously ?? only if convincing is that easy ;p
to rest of the team: I know you don't approve the advertising part by randomly meeting people. I didn't do it either and extensive damage is done. people run away from Amway/quixstar like plague because some people want to get rich quick and asked their down-lines to spread the word as fast as they can. "run through people". find 1 person willing to work at the expense of 99 people getting offended by you. word of mouth advertising works both ways. bad publicity spreads faster :)
all I am saying is: people advertised Amway really bad. people hate amway but they should really be mad at BWW and their strategies. it is unfortunate that no one really knows or interested to know what Amway model really is. all they can think of is about horrible experiences of cold contacting and repeated chasing.
again, i am not with this business now but still think its a good model. it is based on word of mouth advertising, franchising, residual income - everything e-commerce (which is a subject taught at some universities). now add some short sighted people to do the teaching and BINGO.. screwed it up big time.
Hi Gopi,
Good post. But tell me why should i give a damn about either Amway or BWW? I don't.
It is horribly insane to talk to your business ambitions to a stranger. Every person is different and I personally take it offensive when someone I don't know comes and bothers me with his/her business nonsense. I am sure there are many people who think in the same way.
In the beginning, whenever a I came across a Desi in a mall or in a public place, it used to make me happy. Now, I always suspect that it could be a Amway SOB who is coming to me with his trash bag.
By the way, Gopi, this is nothing against you personally.
To all Amway street walkers, get the hell out of my way. I don't want to hear your nonsense. Period.
pri
09-25 06:56 PM
A quarterly spill over is advantageous to every body in the playing field.
It is obviously good for retrogressed groups. It is even good for CIS, since they can plan their work properly and use up the visas in an orderly fashion.
So if IV can use some of its massive clout to convince DOS to do a quarterly spill over, that would be win-win for all.
Here is the snippet from http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=966830
Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit.
It appears that DOS does spill-over every quarter.
It is obviously good for retrogressed groups. It is even good for CIS, since they can plan their work properly and use up the visas in an orderly fashion.
So if IV can use some of its massive clout to convince DOS to do a quarterly spill over, that would be win-win for all.
Here is the snippet from http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=966830
Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit.
It appears that DOS does spill-over every quarter.
No comments:
Post a Comment