greenguru
07-16 06:54 PM
Hi vdlrao
Could you please shed more light and your calculations on EB3 - I
Would be of great help if you could give some pointers atleast.
Thanks
Could you please shed more light and your calculations on EB3 - I
Would be of great help if you could give some pointers atleast.
Thanks
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
newuser
09-23 09:15 PM
E-mailed everyone on the list. Only one bounced ID.
lord_labaku
02-13 12:32 AM
Before the Y2K problem, the most common route for Indians to migrate to the US (EB category) was this -->
TOEFL
GRE
Admission into US university (most likely for masters)
Scholarship or loan
MS/Phd in US
Internship using OPT
Job/ H1
Since this involved multiple non trivial steps; the barrier for entry was pretty high that prevented mass migration.
There were procedural delays (in some states with a lot of Indian population ( oh yeah; labor certs used to take 3-5 years esp in California, Texas & Northeast; but you could get labor cert faster in south dakota or such less densely populated places; but once you hit the 485 stage, you were certain of a GC within a few months )
And then along with Y2K came TCS, Wipro, Infosys, & infinite other bodyshops that suddenly changed the equation. No need for TOEFL, GRE. No need to fight for scholarship; no need for TA. no need for RA; no need for MS; in a lot of cases, no need for even UG degree in computers/engg. The requirements ranged from having all 10 fingers in place to knowing the right people in the bodyshop company to land an assignment in the US. Once placed at a client site, it was just a matter of finding the right opportunity to get the client to sponsor your H1. I am sure there were a lot other ways the H1 & L1 visas were abused.
So the situation changed from just procedural delays to procedural delays + extra influx of Indians due to H1/L1 visa misuse.
Ofcourse, we can only blame the inefficiencies of the USCIS/INS/DOL system & silently turn the other way when malpractices & visa abuse were rampant (I guess still is) in the IT bodyshop industry.
I am sure this rant will seem extremely prejudicial. But just for a slight moment; think about why all this happened.
TOEFL
GRE
Admission into US university (most likely for masters)
Scholarship or loan
MS/Phd in US
Internship using OPT
Job/ H1
Since this involved multiple non trivial steps; the barrier for entry was pretty high that prevented mass migration.
There were procedural delays (in some states with a lot of Indian population ( oh yeah; labor certs used to take 3-5 years esp in California, Texas & Northeast; but you could get labor cert faster in south dakota or such less densely populated places; but once you hit the 485 stage, you were certain of a GC within a few months )
And then along with Y2K came TCS, Wipro, Infosys, & infinite other bodyshops that suddenly changed the equation. No need for TOEFL, GRE. No need to fight for scholarship; no need for TA. no need for RA; no need for MS; in a lot of cases, no need for even UG degree in computers/engg. The requirements ranged from having all 10 fingers in place to knowing the right people in the bodyshop company to land an assignment in the US. Once placed at a client site, it was just a matter of finding the right opportunity to get the client to sponsor your H1. I am sure there were a lot other ways the H1 & L1 visas were abused.
So the situation changed from just procedural delays to procedural delays + extra influx of Indians due to H1/L1 visa misuse.
Ofcourse, we can only blame the inefficiencies of the USCIS/INS/DOL system & silently turn the other way when malpractices & visa abuse were rampant (I guess still is) in the IT bodyshop industry.
I am sure this rant will seem extremely prejudicial. But just for a slight moment; think about why all this happened.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
mallu
02-15 06:38 PM
probably true but because most of them are on H4 which means someone else in their family is H1.
I don't know what % of that group consists of H4 spouse of H1 folks. But i believe a good percentage of those applied through the TOEFL,GRE route.
I don't know what % of that group consists of H4 spouse of H1 folks. But i believe a good percentage of those applied through the TOEFL,GRE route.
more...
grupak
02-13 08:51 PM
Easy now!!! Simmer down.....
Its just that every time the VB comes out, we get a lot of posts from folks from India/China who want to remove country limits. And they talk about only removing the country limits, as if removing country limits is going to solve the problem.
You scare away ROW when you do that.
Those who talk about only removing the country cap have not thought through the problem carefully. It will only slow everybody down. At the same time only increasing the visa number by say a factor of 2 will not solve the problem either since majority of EB GC are from a few countries.
As paskal, others and I have been saying IV is for all EB GC, and we should look at solutions that help everyone.
Its just that every time the VB comes out, we get a lot of posts from folks from India/China who want to remove country limits. And they talk about only removing the country limits, as if removing country limits is going to solve the problem.
You scare away ROW when you do that.
Those who talk about only removing the country cap have not thought through the problem carefully. It will only slow everybody down. At the same time only increasing the visa number by say a factor of 2 will not solve the problem either since majority of EB GC are from a few countries.
As paskal, others and I have been saying IV is for all EB GC, and we should look at solutions that help everyone.
vamsi_poondla
02-14 01:54 PM
I am willing to contribute $10 to get solid legal advice on this and I am willing to contribute a lot more in a lawsuit IF and ONLY IF there is a strong legal basis for it.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
I will contribute for legal advice if some leaders for this initiative steps forward with firm commitment. It may sound silly to put conditions like this. But if such a big movement is here in making all of us excited about the prospect of having a law suit, then it is a responsibility of those who initiated this thread to lead this effort forward.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
I will contribute for legal advice if some leaders for this initiative steps forward with firm commitment. It may sound silly to put conditions like this. But if such a big movement is here in making all of us excited about the prospect of having a law suit, then it is a responsibility of those who initiated this thread to lead this effort forward.
more...
TeddyKoochu
09-17 03:09 PM
Yeah that might be true.
The rate at which 2004 folks are getting approved that probably only 300 applications are left for pre Jan 2005. More approvals augur well for everybody.
The rate at which 2004 folks are getting approved that probably only 300 applications are left for pre Jan 2005. More approvals augur well for everybody.
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
chanduv23
06-27 11:36 PM
Or maybe just present a piece of toasted bread and the locals will consider this as a good 2x2 of a miracle (...photo). Once the "belt" supports him he needs no further support. Path to citizenship will be through a "divine escalator"... ;)
Wonder if HE would then be allowed to run for president, guess that would require a constitutional change? hmmm... interesting...
What about Mary Magdelene? The Holy Grail is enough proof for her GC??
Wonder if HE would then be allowed to run for president, guess that would require a constitutional change? hmmm... interesting...
What about Mary Magdelene? The Holy Grail is enough proof for her GC??
more...
485Mbe4001
05-29 02:31 PM
:) he did say hope is on the way...but forgot to say which way or he was try to say what would hope's tombstone read...
Here lies HOPE...it was IN the WAY :rolleyes:
to the others who are bitching and moaning about EB1's, a few months back we were worried about the EB3 converting to EB2..before that we were worried that EB3's were getting more visas than EB2's and so on.....we will keep fighting about the handfull of misallocated visas or work towards recapture. The most important thing from Murthy's letter is that USCIS has started preadjudicating 485 which simply means that there are ton of people stuck in this mess who are waiting to be approved... a handful of visas is nothing...lets all unite and work towards recapture.
Well I am pissed with this whole set up of immigration in this country.. did not obama's campaign say " HOPE IS ON THE WAY".. well its seems for skilled immigrant workers it is " HOPE IS OFF THE WAY"
Here lies HOPE...it was IN the WAY :rolleyes:
to the others who are bitching and moaning about EB1's, a few months back we were worried about the EB3 converting to EB2..before that we were worried that EB3's were getting more visas than EB2's and so on.....we will keep fighting about the handfull of misallocated visas or work towards recapture. The most important thing from Murthy's letter is that USCIS has started preadjudicating 485 which simply means that there are ton of people stuck in this mess who are waiting to be approved... a handful of visas is nothing...lets all unite and work towards recapture.
Well I am pissed with this whole set up of immigration in this country.. did not obama's campaign say " HOPE IS ON THE WAY".. well its seems for skilled immigrant workers it is " HOPE IS OFF THE WAY"
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
phenyle
07-28 06:23 PM
Hi,
Mine and my spouse I-485 has been current for over two months, We are on EB1 and our I485 receipt notice date was may 8 2007. The center is currently processing aug 2007 applications. My lawyer sent an inquiry 60 days ago and there has been no response from USCIS.
Please advice what i could do to find out why my processing has been delayed.
Thanks,
ashish
Mine and my spouse I-485 has been current for over two months, We are on EB1 and our I485 receipt notice date was may 8 2007. The center is currently processing aug 2007 applications. My lawyer sent an inquiry 60 days ago and there has been no response from USCIS.
Please advice what i could do to find out why my processing has been delayed.
Thanks,
ashish
more...
nixstor
09-23 02:31 AM
I have sent close to 10 emails putting subject
"Proposal to alleviate current US economic crisis"
I hope I am doing right..
Housing/economic crisis rather than economic crisis
Please send emails from your own emails so that we can know what staff members and their bosses think.
"Proposal to alleviate current US economic crisis"
I hope I am doing right..
Housing/economic crisis rather than economic crisis
Please send emails from your own emails so that we can know what staff members and their bosses think.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
Macaca
01-18 08:48 AM
Is H-1B working at a gas station a bad apple? Yes.
Non-Indian staffing company keeps $150/hr, 25 years back. Is this a bad apple? How much can a staffing company keep? Why? Who decides it? Has Hilda L. Solis decided it for for US workers? Why should Janet Napolitano decide it for H-1B?
Contractor salary and benefits come from his/her billing only. Most US workers are not paid on bench/benefits. Why should H-1B be paid on bench/benefits? Contractor can be paid on bench/benefits only by spreading the billing over bench/benefits (thereby reducing paycheck). Why is this a good apple?
Non-Indian staffing company keeps $150/hr, 25 years back. Is this a bad apple? How much can a staffing company keep? Why? Who decides it? Has Hilda L. Solis decided it for for US workers? Why should Janet Napolitano decide it for H-1B?
Contractor salary and benefits come from his/her billing only. Most US workers are not paid on bench/benefits. Why should H-1B be paid on bench/benefits? Contractor can be paid on bench/benefits only by spreading the billing over bench/benefits (thereby reducing paycheck). Why is this a good apple?
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
snathan
08-15 10:33 PM
Bollywood should first pay taxes, none of these icons, pay taxes legimately in India, remember them dancing in the partys of mafia, which is tied to terrorists, I think the agent did a great job in nabbing this guy. The VVIP mentality should end in India. Stupid illeterate politicians are over playing this, Ambika Soni should do what she is supossed to do in her office.
Then India would become a well developed country and will rule the world. :D
Then India would become a well developed country and will rule the world. :D
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
a.j.2048
03-27 11:55 AM
Mayawati, Jayalalitha and Chandrababu have a good chance. I think it will be Jayalalitha.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
ramus
07-03 11:01 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/us/04visas.html
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
kalyan
07-21 04:12 PM
If PD moves to last quarter of 2007 within a year, then there would be no candidates (EB2), since all will still be stuck in PERM audits which will take 6-12 more months to clear + I-140 processing time.
So, they move PD dates faster but freeze PERM apps. I am confused:confused: Any insights?
where are they freezing perm Apps. Mine was filed in march and got out in May '08. This was my first LC.
I am glad they cleared in 2 months. I know couple of guys who got out in 2 months for their LC.
There are lot of people who filed after Augst 2007 but not that many as influx when everything is made current.
So, they move PD dates faster but freeze PERM apps. I am confused:confused: Any insights?
where are they freezing perm Apps. Mine was filed in march and got out in May '08. This was my first LC.
I am glad they cleared in 2 months. I know couple of guys who got out in 2 months for their LC.
There are lot of people who filed after Augst 2007 but not that many as influx when everything is made current.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
ujjwal_p
05-11 05:00 PM
I completely agree with you.
As a Tamil, I too carry the Indian passport with shame and can't wait to see the day when I become a US citizen.
Let me be the first to say, all the best to you to get the US citizenship fast... and more importantly good riddance... And all the best for Americans to get a model citizen like you. By the way, I hope you do know about the oath you need to take to become an American. Hope you do that sincerely and are not narrow-minded then.
As a Tamil, I too carry the Indian passport with shame and can't wait to see the day when I become a US citizen.
Let me be the first to say, all the best to you to get the US citizenship fast... and more importantly good riddance... And all the best for Americans to get a model citizen like you. By the way, I hope you do know about the oath you need to take to become an American. Hope you do that sincerely and are not narrow-minded then.
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
amitjoey
07-03 06:03 PM
clochhead@sfchronicle.com.
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
samay
08-25 03:01 PM
Hello Sir/Madam,
Recently I have E-Filed for EAD renew and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But I have recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you can suggest me.
Regards
Vijay
p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.
Its enough that you have responded the RFe and sent the photos.
Recently I have E-Filed for EAD renew and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But I have recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you can suggest me.
Regards
Vijay
p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.
Its enough that you have responded the RFe and sent the photos.
snathan
08-15 11:30 PM
Every country should protect it's interests and we should be proud that a terrorist has the gumption to ask for Mutton Biriyani in an Indian prison. Why should he not? He is a criminal and then he has his own desires. Cutting to the gist, he is a 20 year old misguided young man, poverty led him to take up arms and am sure he did not realize what he was up to when he did what he did. He is a freak who doesn't know the distinction between right and wrong. Why morph him into a demon? Don't you think there are other rapists and murderers making other unimaginable demands in prisons?
Wow what a good definition for a terrorist...can we let him go free? Ask the people who lost their loved ones. Only in Indian prison he can ask for mutton briyani. Because of Govt and politician are so corrupt and spine less. Try the same with Soudi Arabia or anyother Arab countries. Even after 8 years the GOI is not able to hang Absal Guru...its a shame.
Yes, ofcourse he is a demon. There are hundereds of thousands of people are dying without food. Not everyone is taking the arms and killing innocent people. He is a fanatic. He deserves nothing less than death. He should be cut into pieces and should be a lesson for other terrorist.
Wow what a good definition for a terrorist...can we let him go free? Ask the people who lost their loved ones. Only in Indian prison he can ask for mutton briyani. Because of Govt and politician are so corrupt and spine less. Try the same with Soudi Arabia or anyother Arab countries. Even after 8 years the GOI is not able to hang Absal Guru...its a shame.
Yes, ofcourse he is a demon. There are hundereds of thousands of people are dying without food. Not everyone is taking the arms and killing innocent people. He is a fanatic. He deserves nothing less than death. He should be cut into pieces and should be a lesson for other terrorist.
matreen
08-17 08:55 PM
Excellent reply.
Excellent and brilliant answer and I agree to this.
Excellent and brilliant answer and I agree to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment