saiimmi
02-13 09:15 PM
Folks!
Sorry for the clich� "United we stand divided we fall". Let us be careful and have meaningful dialogue especially when we take up contentious issues that might pit one member against another. IV stands for improving EB based immigration for all irrespective of the country of birth. Please note that there are several outside folks vying to split the group and we do not need to do it internally. I feel that this discussion has come up at misopportune time. Just recall the same kind of discussion that came from folks that had missed the July fiasco last year.
Let us not forget our "primary" goals and harp on minor irritants.
Yet another EB3 India Guy !
Sorry for the clich� "United we stand divided we fall". Let us be careful and have meaningful dialogue especially when we take up contentious issues that might pit one member against another. IV stands for improving EB based immigration for all irrespective of the country of birth. Please note that there are several outside folks vying to split the group and we do not need to do it internally. I feel that this discussion has come up at misopportune time. Just recall the same kind of discussion that came from folks that had missed the July fiasco last year.
Let us not forget our "primary" goals and harp on minor irritants.
Yet another EB3 India Guy !
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
snathan
03-30 12:29 PM
snathan....do you really believe MMS runs the govt on his own? Do you really think there is no interference of any family in the decision making? Our PM, MMS in the last 5 years never visited all the states in the country. He never established contact with aam aadmi. MMS needs certificate from Rahul Gandhi that he is doing a good job. The person who has self respect will never become PM in these circumstances. MMS is holding PM's chair until Rahul Gandhi becomes "mature" enough to rule..yes rule..because this family has always ruled the nation and never governed it.
No person with self respect will ever vote for this party and their chaprasis.
I am not saying MMS is the best....but better than others. Do you believe the so called Left the savior of our country. I am not bothering who is ruling or not. My only worry - what is done for our future. I strongly believe Left was the speed bump to the development of the country. Mr.Advani dont have anything but Ram Temple. I hardly see any value in that. He runs his politics based on religon and Ram temple. Let him put the plan and vision for out future, to build stronger India....I will be the first one to vote for him.
No person with self respect will ever vote for this party and their chaprasis.
I am not saying MMS is the best....but better than others. Do you believe the so called Left the savior of our country. I am not bothering who is ruling or not. My only worry - what is done for our future. I strongly believe Left was the speed bump to the development of the country. Mr.Advani dont have anything but Ram Temple. I hardly see any value in that. He runs his politics based on religon and Ram temple. Let him put the plan and vision for out future, to build stronger India....I will be the first one to vote for him.
okuzmin
10-05 06:15 AM
I sent my application to Buffalo early Sep., however, have not received the receipt # yet. My friend told me it only took a couple of weeks for him to get his last year.
Just wonder how long it is gonna take, thanks for any headsup!
My experience:
- sent all documents to Buffalo on 11/21/2005
- documents were accepted around 12/02/2005 (the payment receipt I got back has this date on it)
- official case acceptance date on the letter is 12/08/2005
- the letter arrived around 12/15/2005
So, about a month for processing and mailing. If there is something missing in the document package, they will send the whole thing back with a letter explaining what else they are looking for. I had that happen to me: the fist time I sent the docs, I didn't provide proof of staying legally in the USA for at least one year. With all processing and mailing it also took about a month.
Just wonder how long it is gonna take, thanks for any headsup!
My experience:
- sent all documents to Buffalo on 11/21/2005
- documents were accepted around 12/02/2005 (the payment receipt I got back has this date on it)
- official case acceptance date on the letter is 12/08/2005
- the letter arrived around 12/15/2005
So, about a month for processing and mailing. If there is something missing in the document package, they will send the whole thing back with a letter explaining what else they are looking for. I had that happen to me: the fist time I sent the docs, I didn't provide proof of staying legally in the USA for at least one year. With all processing and mailing it also took about a month.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
santb1975
02-12 10:46 PM
???
more...
chanduv23
07-07 10:25 AM
My question is same as saileshdude. What is the trend USCIS follows when previous employer withdraws the 140 petition 180 days after applying AOS?
(1) Does AC21 letter really go into your file?
(2) What is the trend that is usualy followed ? RFE? or NOID or Straight denial? - I have seen some posts on forums where USCIS sends denials when previous employer withdraws the 140 petition.
Thanks in advance
(1) Does AC21 letter really go into your file?
(2) What is the trend that is usualy followed ? RFE? or NOID or Straight denial? - I have seen some posts on forums where USCIS sends denials when previous employer withdraws the 140 petition.
Thanks in advance
vikki76
01-15 04:57 PM
I agree Teddykoochu.
Think what will happen if they woke up one fine morning and start another new interpretation of an existing law and then later they start doing it retroactively; just imagine the cascading effect.
It does not matter which side of the ship is taking fire. It seems to me that people on the left side of the boat are happy that the firing is only on the right side, forgetting it is the ship as a whole which is taking fire.
This only reminds me of the famous poem by Martin Niem�ller which goes like this.
"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out�because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out�because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out�because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me�and there was no one left to speak out."
To get the gravity of the situation, substitute it with which ever suits you ! EAD/consulting H1/direct H1/AOS pending/485 not filed/EB3/2/1....etc etc.. Behind all these fancy terms, numbers and notations there are people, children and families who are going thru difficult situations.
Well said.
African americans were never allowed to vote directly. There was no law which said that african american can't vote (AFAIK) but there was a small addendum, only those people can vote whose grandfathers had also voted or something similar. Since african americans came only 50 yrs ago,there was no way they could have fulfilled that grandfather requirement.
These changes in H-1 are similar.
Think what will happen if they woke up one fine morning and start another new interpretation of an existing law and then later they start doing it retroactively; just imagine the cascading effect.
It does not matter which side of the ship is taking fire. It seems to me that people on the left side of the boat are happy that the firing is only on the right side, forgetting it is the ship as a whole which is taking fire.
This only reminds me of the famous poem by Martin Niem�ller which goes like this.
"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out�because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out�because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out�because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me�and there was no one left to speak out."
To get the gravity of the situation, substitute it with which ever suits you ! EAD/consulting H1/direct H1/AOS pending/485 not filed/EB3/2/1....etc etc.. Behind all these fancy terms, numbers and notations there are people, children and families who are going thru difficult situations.
Well said.
African americans were never allowed to vote directly. There was no law which said that african american can't vote (AFAIK) but there was a small addendum, only those people can vote whose grandfathers had also voted or something similar. Since african americans came only 50 yrs ago,there was no way they could have fulfilled that grandfather requirement.
These changes in H-1 are similar.
more...
ita
03-31 09:34 PM
Very nice thinking..high thinking as long as you don't want to start applying this yardstick only on Modi and end it there.If we start applying no criminal background yardstick then no politician from the current brigade will be left(assuming when you say criminal background you mean all kinds of crimes)
In other words you are sitting on 6 th floor and Indian political scenario(to that matter political scenario else where too.e.g U.S) is on ground floor.
Let's start doing our best so we can get the ground floor to meet 6th floor.
Till they two meet let's work on 'every sinner has a future,every saint has a past'
Just so you know Obama was into drugs in teens. Wouldn't it be a loss if we applied your yardstick on him ?
Although you said you are not supporting any one of them since you kind of endorsed MMS in previous posts think about this
which one is evil of the two : a guy accused of committing crime in the past but who got his act together and is giving good performance or a Intelligent guy knowing full well he wouldn't wield any power accepting to be a show piece/wrapper PM and taking billion people on a ride?
I am not defending any party or person. Everybody is equally bad. Let, all the Muslims in Gujarat may start love him, and entire Gujarat may vote for him. That does not matter. My point is that those people who run for high office should not have any criminal background, despite how much qualified or skilled they are. Assume, if you involved in small domestic violence, and if you fail in small background check you will not get GC even if you are a Nobel Prize winner. Think about PM post and its responsibilities.
In other words you are sitting on 6 th floor and Indian political scenario(to that matter political scenario else where too.e.g U.S) is on ground floor.
Let's start doing our best so we can get the ground floor to meet 6th floor.
Till they two meet let's work on 'every sinner has a future,every saint has a past'
Just so you know Obama was into drugs in teens. Wouldn't it be a loss if we applied your yardstick on him ?
Although you said you are not supporting any one of them since you kind of endorsed MMS in previous posts think about this
which one is evil of the two : a guy accused of committing crime in the past but who got his act together and is giving good performance or a Intelligent guy knowing full well he wouldn't wield any power accepting to be a show piece/wrapper PM and taking billion people on a ride?
I am not defending any party or person. Everybody is equally bad. Let, all the Muslims in Gujarat may start love him, and entire Gujarat may vote for him. That does not matter. My point is that those people who run for high office should not have any criminal background, despite how much qualified or skilled they are. Assume, if you involved in small domestic violence, and if you fail in small background check you will not get GC even if you are a Nobel Prize winner. Think about PM post and its responsibilities.
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
vikki76
01-13 05:38 PM
IV Core and Administrators
1. AOS applicants using EAD are presently unaffected (if they do not have H1) by this memo. Could you please inquire from USCIS contacts, in case more similar "guidelines" are being planned for folks using EADs?
2. Also is something more being planned/announced for AC21's "same or similar" criteria? A while back we had a thread collecting evidences and suggestions from the IV members about its interpretation. Please help provide a status update about the meetings with USCIS, IV core group discussions and plans, etc.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Best Wishes for all.
Will there be a problem at time of 485 adjudication? Like, if USCIS investigates whether there was valid employer-employee relationship through out H1 period..even though this memo is released only now.
1. AOS applicants using EAD are presently unaffected (if they do not have H1) by this memo. Could you please inquire from USCIS contacts, in case more similar "guidelines" are being planned for folks using EADs?
2. Also is something more being planned/announced for AC21's "same or similar" criteria? A while back we had a thread collecting evidences and suggestions from the IV members about its interpretation. Please help provide a status update about the meetings with USCIS, IV core group discussions and plans, etc.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Best Wishes for all.
Will there be a problem at time of 485 adjudication? Like, if USCIS investigates whether there was valid employer-employee relationship through out H1 period..even though this memo is released only now.
more...
grupak
12-14 01:07 PM
villamonte6100 there was a thread some time back about people considering going to law school and becoming their own lawyers. What I took out of it was that its not that easy. Besides going to school, you have to pass some tough state exams. I am quite happy with my lawyer. I paid some dough but its much cheaper than going to law school, and saves me time and headache.
Going to law school is not for everyone, definitely not for me (fat books scares me :eek:). I like the suggestion by garybanz about getting a qualified opinion. Just so that we know.
Going to law school is not for everyone, definitely not for me (fat books scares me :eek:). I like the suggestion by garybanz about getting a qualified opinion. Just so that we know.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
reachinus
07-28 09:56 PM
I am not saying that the AP cannot be used again, but it cannot be used after the Validity on the AP which is 1 year from the Issue date and the date on the I-94 doesn't have any meaning.
For example
My AP was issued on Oct 18th 2007 and I can use it to travel till Oct 17th 2008. But people are saying that they are issued an I-94 with a date which is 1 year from the date they enter/use the AP.
But my concern is that I was issued an I-94A which doesn't have any date on it. Should I be concerned about that?
AP's are generally issued for multiple trips. I am little confused by your question. Could you please specify why is it that you think that you cannot use the AP again.
For example
My AP was issued on Oct 18th 2007 and I can use it to travel till Oct 17th 2008. But people are saying that they are issued an I-94 with a date which is 1 year from the date they enter/use the AP.
But my concern is that I was issued an I-94A which doesn't have any date on it. Should I be concerned about that?
AP's are generally issued for multiple trips. I am little confused by your question. Could you please specify why is it that you think that you cannot use the AP again.
more...
amsgc
12-19 07:32 PM
Guys,
I feel that we still do not have any concrete numbers on how many of us are still waiting for the I-485 approval.
I propose we start a campaign where each member sends a letter to an IV PO Box with information that can be tracked and verified. I do not believe that a data base of anonymous unverifiable members can be presented as credible evidence to Senators, Reps, home builders associations etc. in support of our case.
Some information can be:
1. Phone number - Yes, if you are serious about this, then you better be willing to provide this information. No more anonymous BS.
2. State, County and Zip Code
3. Current Immigration Status
4. I-140 approved: Yes/No
5. I-485 pending: Yes/No
6. Number of dependents
7. Do you own a house: Yes/No
8. Will you consider buying a house if GC is approved? Yes/No
9. Profession
10. Expected 2007 year Taxes - (1) State (2) Federal
We can add more fields if needed.
Now, this information can be presented in a numerous ways, for example:
1) There are X number of applicants whose Immigrant petition has been approved, have paid $$$ in taxes, have bought houses and are actively contributing to the local community.
2) There are X number of applicants in the nation whose Immigrant petition has been approved and they are waiting for their GC to buy a house
2) There are X number of applicants in your state, who have paid $$$ in taxes, have their GC pending, and are willing to buy a house in your county when GC is approved
I understand that there are two challenges here:
1) Getting people to write to IV
2) Collecting the data. I have some thoughts on this:
- Perhaps we can have a PO Box for each region
- We can have the state leader, and a couple of others go through this information
- We could have a data base where this information can then be added. Or, just have an Excel spread sheet for each state, to start with. One could write a script to read the Excel worksheets and enter the information in a Postgres like data base.
I think data collection and organization is doable. The hard part is getting the community involved.
Any thoughts guys?
I feel that we still do not have any concrete numbers on how many of us are still waiting for the I-485 approval.
I propose we start a campaign where each member sends a letter to an IV PO Box with information that can be tracked and verified. I do not believe that a data base of anonymous unverifiable members can be presented as credible evidence to Senators, Reps, home builders associations etc. in support of our case.
Some information can be:
1. Phone number - Yes, if you are serious about this, then you better be willing to provide this information. No more anonymous BS.
2. State, County and Zip Code
3. Current Immigration Status
4. I-140 approved: Yes/No
5. I-485 pending: Yes/No
6. Number of dependents
7. Do you own a house: Yes/No
8. Will you consider buying a house if GC is approved? Yes/No
9. Profession
10. Expected 2007 year Taxes - (1) State (2) Federal
We can add more fields if needed.
Now, this information can be presented in a numerous ways, for example:
1) There are X number of applicants whose Immigrant petition has been approved, have paid $$$ in taxes, have bought houses and are actively contributing to the local community.
2) There are X number of applicants in the nation whose Immigrant petition has been approved and they are waiting for their GC to buy a house
2) There are X number of applicants in your state, who have paid $$$ in taxes, have their GC pending, and are willing to buy a house in your county when GC is approved
I understand that there are two challenges here:
1) Getting people to write to IV
2) Collecting the data. I have some thoughts on this:
- Perhaps we can have a PO Box for each region
- We can have the state leader, and a couple of others go through this information
- We could have a data base where this information can then be added. Or, just have an Excel spread sheet for each state, to start with. One could write a script to read the Excel worksheets and enter the information in a Postgres like data base.
I think data collection and organization is doable. The hard part is getting the community involved.
Any thoughts guys?
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
amsgc
12-13 10:40 PM
I advocate talking to policymakers, writing to them, and calling in on any talkshow on the radio/tv - where ever there is an opportunity.
I am not sure if we can challenge the legality of the system. However, I do question the motivation behind this policy. It is morally and ethically wrong and does not make any economic sense. It is probably hurting the economy, if you get my drift. My thought is that it can be adressed by enlightening the very people who put this policy in place - the congressmen/women.
Welcome to the board... we are just analyzing which way to fight is better. Mark is saying lobbying is the only way, some other say exploring to challenge in court worth a try...some say not worth it-forget it. Have your opinion pitch in please.:)
I am not sure if we can challenge the legality of the system. However, I do question the motivation behind this policy. It is morally and ethically wrong and does not make any economic sense. It is probably hurting the economy, if you get my drift. My thought is that it can be adressed by enlightening the very people who put this policy in place - the congressmen/women.
Welcome to the board... we are just analyzing which way to fight is better. Mark is saying lobbying is the only way, some other say exploring to challenge in court worth a try...some say not worth it-forget it. Have your opinion pitch in please.:)
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
breddy2000
09-05 03:47 PM
QUOTE=_TrueFacts;840961]breddy2000,
Shame on you. thoo
In your love for YSR, you are behaving like him. Are you from Kadapa? Why unnecessarily picking on CHANDUV23. I got his profile id from Orkut.
orkut - (http://www.orkut.com/Main#FullProfile?rl=pcb&uid=16002627991370248382)[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about me ass hole.....I do not have any Orkut and for that matter you cannot see me in Linkedin or any other solcial networking site.....
Because of assholes like you , who misuse privacy I do not register like you Mr. CHANDUV23.....
.....Just becasue my handle is contains reddy does not mean I love my Caste. And I have enough guts to say what I want to using my originbal ID and not like u ass hole hinding under the shandow and misuse the system (so called corrupted asshole, who is talking about corruption in India...)
KLK----
And guess what's the commonality between "_TrueFacts" and "CHANDUV23"....Both use "IMV" instead of "IV", to abbreviate Immigration Voice....
Don't let me reveal many more similiarities between "CHANDUV23" and "_TrueFacts".
Better of begging on the roads rather than playing your split personality role and creating havoc on this public forum.....
Go see your own posts AH.....
U Need to alteast learn how to hide your true identity......MOTHER FUCKER...
Shame on you. thoo
In your love for YSR, you are behaving like him. Are you from Kadapa? Why unnecessarily picking on CHANDUV23. I got his profile id from Orkut.
orkut - (http://www.orkut.com/Main#FullProfile?rl=pcb&uid=16002627991370248382)[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about me ass hole.....I do not have any Orkut and for that matter you cannot see me in Linkedin or any other solcial networking site.....
Because of assholes like you , who misuse privacy I do not register like you Mr. CHANDUV23.....
.....Just becasue my handle is contains reddy does not mean I love my Caste. And I have enough guts to say what I want to using my originbal ID and not like u ass hole hinding under the shandow and misuse the system (so called corrupted asshole, who is talking about corruption in India...)
KLK----
And guess what's the commonality between "_TrueFacts" and "CHANDUV23"....Both use "IMV" instead of "IV", to abbreviate Immigration Voice....
Don't let me reveal many more similiarities between "CHANDUV23" and "_TrueFacts".
Better of begging on the roads rather than playing your split personality role and creating havoc on this public forum.....
Go see your own posts AH.....
U Need to alteast learn how to hide your true identity......MOTHER FUCKER...
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
gimme_GC2006
08-17 02:14 PM
I think this is blown out of proportion.
First thing what exactly "detention" means? Did they tie him up upside down for 2 hrs?
May be they took him to a room, where he waited along with the common man..in India politicians and filmli ones may get to jump the lines and get special treatment..so they never knew what it is like standing in the line.
SRK should use his common sense and keep quiet rather than making a fuss out of nothing..he is not APJ kalam to demand or deserve special treatment.
I remember last year, there was a news about SRK making noise in one of the European airports where he was not allowed to board the flight ahead of others and he argued with airlines staff that "I am SRK".
Note: I am not a fan of SRK..was never and will never be. I am Aamir Khan's fan :)
First thing what exactly "detention" means? Did they tie him up upside down for 2 hrs?
May be they took him to a room, where he waited along with the common man..in India politicians and filmli ones may get to jump the lines and get special treatment..so they never knew what it is like standing in the line.
SRK should use his common sense and keep quiet rather than making a fuss out of nothing..he is not APJ kalam to demand or deserve special treatment.
I remember last year, there was a news about SRK making noise in one of the European airports where he was not allowed to board the flight ahead of others and he argued with airlines staff that "I am SRK".
Note: I am not a fan of SRK..was never and will never be. I am Aamir Khan's fan :)
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
dilipcr
06-16 03:41 PM
Nice well thought out arguments. This is the essence of a healthy debate.
Dilip -
Could you please respond to questions raised in my post, when you get a chance?
I would like to add one more thing here - Employment based immigration is not merit based, it is driven by employer-employment unless you self-petition in Eb1/Eb2.
For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future. Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies. I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!.
You may be very much qualified, if there is no employer who is ready to sponsor your green card, you are out of luck, so please do not put argument that only best and qualified people get GC.
Employers will be restricted in applying for GC for very qualified employees only in the period of recession. This happened with companies like CSCO etc in2001. wherein many of my friends left the company because cisco was barred from applying for GC after mass layoffs. But then after a year or so they started applying again. If you are referring to such scenarios, I would recommend patience because the immigrant per se is extremely well talented.
I don't think it matters, but I am from college based in Kharagpur WB.
In my opinion it does not. But be careful in this forum though. People may view your statement as egotistic.
Have a good day!
Where did you get that 80k number? You think 80k is good salary for that job, someone else may say 65k, I may say 90k. The salary, among other things, is determined by market forces. If you can't find enough people with xyz then company will be forced to offer more.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is cosummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company commiting pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
I am a US citizen of Indian origin with background in Computer Science, Finance, and Business Laws. I have been in this country for 11+ years and I have seen so many changes in tech world. Nobody talks of sign-on bonus on H1B anymore. I am dot net architect and I am seeing lot of competition for jobs and this is causing downtrend pressure on salary. But, instead of, blaming someone else for the competition, I am taking it head on. We need to keep working on our skillset and employer will pay the salary. Like they say, for the right candidate salary is not a constraint.
I agree with you on the above points. You are doing the right thing in not blaming others for the downtrend in salaries. However, you are fundamentally assuming that you would have enough time to upgrade and adapt. What if that assumption falls apart ? What if outsourcign companies hit your employer with people with your skillsets at abysmal prices through fraud ? Today many companies do not look into the long term but make short term decisions. They may prefer the loss in quality for the "immediate" cost savings. It may take time for them to realize their follies. In trading, they say that a trader needs to have enough juice to survive the market irrationality. In a similar vein, if you have the wherewithal to survive the employer's short term irrational decisions, then more power to you.
Let us not forget our struggling days of H1. The least, we can do, is to encourage our fellow immigrants who are waiting for their green cards.
That is exactly the reason I am here. I want to encourage the truly deserving. I dont know who the truly deserving are on this board. But they know themselves. My encouragement is for them is to ensure that they dont get bogged psychologically despite being immensely talented.
.
Dilip -
Could you please respond to questions raised in my post, when you get a chance?
I would like to add one more thing here - Employment based immigration is not merit based, it is driven by employer-employment unless you self-petition in Eb1/Eb2.
For the most part it is if it were left to market forces. Employers, rationally, would only want as much as talent for the price they pay. Most importantly, employers would be willing to go the extra mile to sponsor green cards only if they perceive that the immigrant employee would add value both in the present and the future. Now again, when I say employers, I mean the genuine employers and not the fly by night consulting body shops or the outsourcing companies. I strongly believe that EB based GC for a very large part is built on merit. You may see sme cases wherein some ordinary people getting green cards. They, in my opinion , are mostly from these body shops who got "lucky". Cant believe I am using that word !!!.
You may be very much qualified, if there is no employer who is ready to sponsor your green card, you are out of luck, so please do not put argument that only best and qualified people get GC.
Employers will be restricted in applying for GC for very qualified employees only in the period of recession. This happened with companies like CSCO etc in2001. wherein many of my friends left the company because cisco was barred from applying for GC after mass layoffs. But then after a year or so they started applying again. If you are referring to such scenarios, I would recommend patience because the immigrant per se is extremely well talented.
I don't think it matters, but I am from college based in Kharagpur WB.
In my opinion it does not. But be careful in this forum though. People may view your statement as egotistic.
Have a good day!
Where did you get that 80k number? You think 80k is good salary for that job, someone else may say 65k, I may say 90k. The salary, among other things, is determined by market forces. If you can't find enough people with xyz then company will be forced to offer more.
As long as there are people who are ready to work on salary 52k (example), employer will not pay 70k. As long as employer is following all the legal requirements, no one can dictate salary for the job.
I agree that the employer will pay the salary that is cosummate with the market. No well meaning employer will undercut to save a few pennies at the risk of losing out on quality.
What if the market pay scales are distorted through pervasive fraud ? If you look at it from an employer's view, it gets murkier. Believe it or not, low cost always signal lower quality. Trust me this is marketing 101. Google low cost and the perceptive signals. It is truly tough for the employer to trust the low cost employee's skillset.
Now the distortion comes into play when outsourcing companies flout rules and undercut the market through pervasive fraud. Like other industries such as manufacturing/agriculture etc, IT wages are destined to decline but not at this rate. The acceleration in the decline of wages is perpetuated by these scum outsourcing companies. If the decline in wages were let to decline at the speed of market, then it gives talented people time to upgrade skills or move to other industries without having to sacrifice quality of living. So per your argument, yes the end employer is following the rules by employing people from the outsourcing company because the employer does not know or looks the other way of the outsourcing company commiting pervasive fraud. Oh BTW that 80K number was just to highlight that the L1s should be paid high too. It was not based on any scientific or statistical evidence.
I am a US citizen of Indian origin with background in Computer Science, Finance, and Business Laws. I have been in this country for 11+ years and I have seen so many changes in tech world. Nobody talks of sign-on bonus on H1B anymore. I am dot net architect and I am seeing lot of competition for jobs and this is causing downtrend pressure on salary. But, instead of, blaming someone else for the competition, I am taking it head on. We need to keep working on our skillset and employer will pay the salary. Like they say, for the right candidate salary is not a constraint.
I agree with you on the above points. You are doing the right thing in not blaming others for the downtrend in salaries. However, you are fundamentally assuming that you would have enough time to upgrade and adapt. What if that assumption falls apart ? What if outsourcign companies hit your employer with people with your skillsets at abysmal prices through fraud ? Today many companies do not look into the long term but make short term decisions. They may prefer the loss in quality for the "immediate" cost savings. It may take time for them to realize their follies. In trading, they say that a trader needs to have enough juice to survive the market irrationality. In a similar vein, if you have the wherewithal to survive the employer's short term irrational decisions, then more power to you.
Let us not forget our struggling days of H1. The least, we can do, is to encourage our fellow immigrants who are waiting for their green cards.
That is exactly the reason I am here. I want to encourage the truly deserving. I dont know who the truly deserving are on this board. But they know themselves. My encouragement is for them is to ensure that they dont get bogged psychologically despite being immensely talented.
.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
drirshad
07-03 07:59 PM
Can IV try for a Bridge Legislation ...................
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Bridge Legislation Update
HLG is still actively seeking Bridge Legislation. The purpose of the bridge is to provide a short-term fix to the current retrogression problem for Schedule A occupations. As many readers are aware we are one of the founding members of the Coalition to Improve Healthcare Staffing. The CTIHS is pleased to announce that in June it retained two prominent Washington lobbyists and consultants. The lobbyists are working 24/7, along with the AHA, to seek this goal.
If any immigration attorneys and/or healthcare stakeholders wish to participate in this effort and contribute funds to the effort, they should contact Chris Musillo (cmusillo@hammondlawfirm.com).
The biggest hurdle we have right now is general “immigration malaise” in Congress; no one wants to talk immigration at this point. Congress is on a short break for the American Independence Day. Many of the staffing companies and hospitals that make up the CTIHS have meetings set up with their Congressmen and Senators this week.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Bridge Legislation Update
HLG is still actively seeking Bridge Legislation. The purpose of the bridge is to provide a short-term fix to the current retrogression problem for Schedule A occupations. As many readers are aware we are one of the founding members of the Coalition to Improve Healthcare Staffing. The CTIHS is pleased to announce that in June it retained two prominent Washington lobbyists and consultants. The lobbyists are working 24/7, along with the AHA, to seek this goal.
If any immigration attorneys and/or healthcare stakeholders wish to participate in this effort and contribute funds to the effort, they should contact Chris Musillo (cmusillo@hammondlawfirm.com).
The biggest hurdle we have right now is general “immigration malaise” in Congress; no one wants to talk immigration at this point. Congress is on a short break for the American Independence Day. Many of the staffing companies and hospitals that make up the CTIHS have meetings set up with their Congressmen and Senators this week.
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
PlainSpeak
01-13 03:16 PM
Calm down Girl. relax. atleast you called me your friend. freinds dont fight. just take it easy and relax. take a nap, you will feel better.
Sorry if i said some thing wrong.
Your friend
MC
Mr Michael chertoff - do you know what happens when you act fresh with a gal.
You either get a slap or a kiss. I have not made up my mind about either way but you need to keep on your toes
You know i think i can see you as a friend (And no i donot need your support in becoming an EB3 representative gosh gc_dreams needsa smoke or coffe or something) and as a friend i will say something
Please do not patronize me by asking me to take a nap.
Other than that you are one person on this forum who lets just say has my respect
Sorry if i said some thing wrong.
Your friend
MC
Mr Michael chertoff - do you know what happens when you act fresh with a gal.
You either get a slap or a kiss. I have not made up my mind about either way but you need to keep on your toes
You know i think i can see you as a friend (And no i donot need your support in becoming an EB3 representative gosh gc_dreams needsa smoke or coffe or something) and as a friend i will say something
Please do not patronize me by asking me to take a nap.
Other than that you are one person on this forum who lets just say has my respect
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
eb3_nepa
05-10 04:53 PM
Why is this is a New Tune being sung suddenly? I mean i can see your point, but why this sudden introduction. So far IV was showing the lawmakers how good the Canadian/Australian system was. Now one of the super moderators is mentioning that despite all the exploitation the US system is better?
Pls dont get me wrong i am not making snide remarks. Just wondering if this was a personal thought or that is now going to be IV's policy.
Pls dont get me wrong i am not making snide remarks. Just wondering if this was a personal thought or that is now going to be IV's policy.
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
chanduv23
06-28 03:46 PM
Please post all rumors in this thread. Maybe this rumor thread becomes a sticky so that people wont start new rumor threads.
pbuckeye
07-30 03:06 PM
After reading so many cold calling failures, I am yet to see a "success story" of this methodology.
If nobody got "converted" after being approached by a total stranger in a public place, why does BWW/Quixstar/Amway continue to do it.
Perhaps we should ask Q/Teddy to collect this data, analyze it and prove to them the futility of it all. Maybe then they will stop and everybody can shop/work/study in peace. :D
If nobody got "converted" after being approached by a total stranger in a public place, why does BWW/Quixstar/Amway continue to do it.
Perhaps we should ask Q/Teddy to collect this data, analyze it and prove to them the futility of it all. Maybe then they will stop and everybody can shop/work/study in peace. :D
sukhwinderd
05-25 12:07 PM
http://www.notcanada.com/
you are much better of in india if you cant get GC in the US.
you are much better of in india if you cant get GC in the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment