Tuesday, August 9, 2011

bullet for my valentine matt tuck

images %IMG_DESC_8% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • ilwaiting
    03-17 10:33 AM
    The sooner LC substitution goes away the lesser we have to deal with such questions. And the sooner we would get our green cards.



    hi All,

    Can someone give me advice on this:

    I have 4 yrs Bachelors + 6.5 yrs of IT exp. i am being offered a Pre- approved labor(EB3-PD-Nov.2003), which was filed for someone with a condition-Bachelors + 4 years exp., at the time of filing.
    i graduated in June 2000, so i am about 1 year short for the 2003 PD. However i did some part time work during college in India and the lawyer says if i can get exp. letter from that company on a letter head, that should suffice.
    i am concerned if that India exp. during graduation will work or not.
    Has anyone faced a situation like this?
    the (part time exp)company was very small, can this be risky? what do you guys think?

    Thanks.





    wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • polapragada
    09-24 12:30 AM
    Sent the E-mail. tomorrow I will send another E-mail from my official ID





    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • syendu1
    01-14 04:32 PM
    Mr Syendu after replying to all abusers my mind has pretty much been fogged up. Contrary to oipinion i am also working while blogging so there is the added pressure.

    So now having read through your post (I appreciate no abuses) i get the jist of what you are saying so forgive me if i do not reply line by line so here is my answer

    EB1/EB2/EB3 rule was never disputed by me. That is law and will never chaange. i dont like it but i will go with what is the law.

    Yes i will NOT convert to EB2 because i have already spent time and energy for the first GC app. (In case any abuser is wondering the gc was paid by company so it is not the lack of funds or lack of companies willing to file for EB2 for me which is stopping me). Sure people are converting and all the best to them, but my point is what about people who cannot convert. Maybe someone has got 2 kids and single earner and he does not have the time or money to do a masters. Maybe some one is so tired working a job which is busting his or her ass off and has no energy to do that. If we think about it there are a whole lot of reasons why a person cannot do a masters. And to that complexities there are very few companies which are willing to sponser EB2 nowadays

    So my plain speak is that just because every member in IV has a masters and is in EB2 or can do masters and convert from EB3 to EB2 does not mean that the majority of people out there can do the same so IV members giving advises like below ar enot only impracticle but also broder on hig handedness. Their contention is that we did it why can you not. If you cannot you must be a low skilled person who has scrapped through into the country and deserves to wait a long time for a visa.

    Please remember that EB2 or EB3 is not a straighjacket and theri are people in both the groups who do not belong there and belong in the other group


    Just for information i do have a masters

    Visa recapture and not counting the dependents will help the immigration community only if it happens. I see nothing on the horizon which says that it will happen. As another iV member pointed out no immigration friendly bill has come for debate in the last 4 years and that is with a democratic majority which is immigration friendly as some IV members like to point out. So with such a situation piece meal efforts must be made but piece meal efforst should be directed to the heavily retorgressed community because teh big bills if and hwne they happen will fololow teh regular rule anyway

    And finally i would like to say you have been most polite and respectfull and i am honoured to discuss thiongs with you

    JAI HIND

    well, the people who are in eb3 and cannot do anything about it, for reasons that you quoted, i agree, it is a pity. but, you know what, "life is not fair".

    it is a good thing u worry about others, and want to help them. however, when u look at those bills you mentioned and none getting passed. yes, it may look like a waste to do anything. however, we need to keep trying. with the limited resources we have, i think we should focus on "things/bills/issues" the IMPACT most people. doing something only for eb3 or eb2, in my opinion, would be even more difficult, given the progress legal immigration has made in this country. so, may be, u cud help in getting the things done that impact more people.

    and it is ur decision not to go eb2 (even, with the resources you mentioned). have to admit, thats strange. may be u r like me, who is not obsessed with a gc. however, we live in a society, in a system (however flawed it may be), and we all try to live by those rules, try to use opportunities that are available legally and make our lives, a little better.

    i came to this country in 1999, i have a MS, PHD from a reputed Comp Sci program. Many people who (still) dont know much about Computer Sci. came into the dept, got their MS and have been very successful, making tons of money. i am a guy whose bs, ms and phd is in Comp Sci. i think u will find may 2 or 3 guz out of may 10, who have a degree in CS, particularly in the undergrad. i used to be very mad at all the electrical, mechanical etc guz getting software jobs. i used to hate almost all software professionals coz i thought i had to work very had for my ranks, on my gpa and on my degrees and see there are people who are making as much as i do, with none of that. slowly, but surely, i have come to terms that "life is not fair" and then, what if fellow human beings can get good jobs, whats wrong with that?? is how i started to see it, (as long as they are good enough).

    what i am trying to say is please think in a global scale and help solve issues which can impact the MOST number of people and not just a minority. coz, the exceptions u stated, will be there for any issue.

    Jai Hind





    2011 %IMG_DESC_2% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • MYGC2008
    09-24 10:24 AM
    There won't be any spillover to EB3 unless EB2 ROW becomes current.

    Based on following link:

    http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/New%20Structure/2nd%20Level%20%28Left%20Nav%20Parents%29/Green%20Card%20-%202nd%20Level/Pending%20Form%20I-485%20Reports.pdf

    28.6%/5 = 5.72% for EB3-India + Spillover from EB2 and EB1, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers".
    28.6%/5 = 5.72% for EB2-India + spillover from EB1
    28.6%/5 = 5.72% for EB1-India + spillover from EB4 and EB5


    Each category is 28.6% WW Quota.

    WW Quota consists of 5 country specific sub-quotas 1)India 2)China 3) Mexico 4) Philipines 5)ROW.

    Based on page 1, I do math as under for Philippines categories.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) Quota for EB4 -->7% x 140000/5=1960, Pending: 70 Quota to be spilled over to EB1= 1890
    2) Quota for EB5 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 0 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1960
    3) Quota for EB1 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + EB4 spillover 1890 + EB5 spillover 1960 = 11858 - pending 74 = Total
    11784 will go to EB2
    4) Quota for EB2 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 11784 =19792, Pending: 510, So total 19282 VISA numbers will be spilled
    over to EB3.
    5) Quota for EB3 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 19282 spill over =27290 - 11563 Pending = 15727 VISA extra.
    6) �Other Workers� � Pending: 264 TOTAL UNUSED VISAS = 15727-264 = 15463 UNUSED VISAS will go to the quota
    of other countries.


    Based on page 3, I do math as under for ROW categories.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) Quota for EB4 -->7% x 140000/5=1960, Pending: 1378 Quota to be spilled over to EB1= 582
    2) Quota for EB5 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 40 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1920
    3) Quota for EB1 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + EB4 spillover 582 + EB5 spillover 1920 = 10510 - pending 2477 = Total
    8033 will go to EB2
    4) Quota for EB2 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 8033 =16031, Pending: 7150, So total 8881 VISA numbers will be spilled
    over to EB3.
    5) Quota for EB3 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 8881 spill over =16889. Pending: 62840 -16889 = 45951 applications will
    still be pending and pushed to year 2011.

    Based on page 4, I do math as under for China categories.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) Quota For EB4 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 384 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1576
    2) Quota For EB5 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 13 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1947
    3) Quota for EB1 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + EB4 spillover 1576 + EB5 spillover 1947 = 11531 - pending 607 =
    Total 10924 will go to EB2
    4) Quota for EB2 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 10924 =18932, Pending: 19333, So total 401 applications will be pushed to
    year 2011 with pending approval.
    5) Quota for EB3 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + no spillover = 8008 � 6343 Pending = 1665 visas Extra.
    6) �Other Workers� � Pending: 30 TOTAL UNUSED VISAS = 1665-30 = 1635 UNUSED VISAS will go to the quota
    of other countries.

    Based on page 5, I do math as under for India categories.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) Quota for EB4 -->7% x 140000/5=1960, Pending: 123 Quota to be spilled over to EB1= 1960-123 = 1837
    2) Quota for EB5 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 13 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1960-13 = 1947
    3) Quota for EB1 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + EB4 spillover 1837 + EB5 spillover 1947 = 11792 - pending 418 = Total
    11374 will go to EB2
    4) Quota for EB2 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 11374 =19382, Pending: 47728, So total 28346 applications will still be
    pending for year 2011.
    5) Quota for EB3 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008, no spill over. Pending: 62607 -8008 = 54599 applications will still be pending
    and pushed to year 2011.

    Based on page 6, I do math as under for Mexico categories.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) Quota For EB4 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 62 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1960-62=1898
    2) Quota For EB5 --> 7% x 140000 / 5 = 1960, Pending: 0 Quota to be spilled over to EB1 = 1960
    3) Quota for EB1 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + EB4 spillover 1898 + EB5 spillover 1960 = 11866 - pending 174 =
    Total 11692 will go to EB2
    4) Quota for EB2 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 11692 =19700, Pending: 211, So total 19489 applications will spill over to
    EB3 category.
    5) Quota for EB3 --> 5.72% x 140000 = 8008 + 19489 spillover = 27497 � 7878 Pending = 19619 visas Extra.
    6) �Other Workers� � Pending: 8415 TOTAL UNUSED VISAS = 19619-8415 = 11204 UNUSED VISAS will go to the quota
    of other countries.


    TOTAL UNUSED VISAS = 15463 + 1635 + 11204 = 28302.

    Assuming these unused visas from Philippines, China and Mexico will be used for India, ROW equally India will benefit additional 14151 VISAS this year. Assuming all of these go to EB2 India Pushed down figure for EB2-India for the year 2011 will be 28346 � 14151 = 14195 pending EB2-I applications ready to go to year 2011.



    more...


    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • eb3India
    08-03 06:03 PM
    labor subst is good for those who can use it and of course it'z not fair for others,

    Is Immigration process is a right place to talk about fairness,

    my point is labour subst is not hurting is big time, Itz just some of us get jealouse when they see others getting ahead of the line

    IV needs to focus itz energy on much broader issues





    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • dixie
    05-10 05:03 PM
    even if labor market tests are the right way to go, there is no justification for the enormous bureacracy involved in the US EB system. Consider the time it takes to clear labor certification .. 4-6 months under PERM.Then why another 4-6 years after that to issue the green card ? If the person has already proven he is in a speciality occupation, why the additional bureacracy, and retrogression in the name of "diversity" ? Current policy just smacks of ambivalence.. immigrants are needed for the economy, yet the rules dont acknowledge their utility by offering a painless path to permanent residency.



    more...


    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • JazzByTheBay
    02-15 10:44 AM
    You can pack your bags and leave. You are here by your own choice, and work within the legal framework of the country. You are free to leave when you please.

    The slavery argument doesn't hold.

    jazz

    Modern Day Slavery in the 21st century

    Any person who is restricted from making travel choices, employer choice, personal choices beneficial to himself and his family, just because his employer or the goverment is restricting him in some form to make monetary benefit for itself, is called a slave.
    I have reached the critical mass in me to take this up on my own, any legal advice and moral support from you guys would be appreciated.

    Thanks





    2010 %IMG_DESC_3% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • Legal
    07-23 12:28 PM
    I am estimating around 75K EB2 AOS approvals this year. Please check my analysis here. The analysis is based on statistics, testimonies, and spill over from FB to EB as estimated by Ron Gother. The analysis was couple of months old. I believe it still stands.

    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=246481&postcount=1422

    Apart from total number of EB2 visas this year, one thing that is crucial here is how many visas are already used up. And thus how many visas are left for this year.

    In the USCIS testimony, it was stated that they already used up 65% of the "target" in 5 months. Assuming, they used up atleast 30% more in next 5 months, there is only 5% to 10% of visas left over from their "target" number of visas. Did their "target" included spill over? No one knows. Knowing that will put us in better position to estimate the PD progress.

    Though the EB2 moved until June 2006, I am hoping that most of the people before 2005 March should get approved. In that case, even if it retrogresses, it will fall back to March 2005. Once we reach March 2005, we have all statistics from DOL. So, would be easier to estimate.


    There are 20 K EB visas left from the regular EB category for this fiscal and there are minimum of 20k FB visas which spill over for EB.

    Thus conservative estimate 40k visas are available for use before Sep 30th. Liberal estimate the numbers could be higher.

    More likley to happen is most EB-2 upto Dec 2005 getting approved, many in early 2006 getting approved.



    more...


    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • sidbee
    06-02 04:07 PM
    Why can't you find and talk to a good lawyer and spend your own money on consultation. We will know you are serious about it.

    Ohhh, i didnt know Ganguteli = IV





    hair %IMG_DESC_4% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • ita
    04-16 12:23 PM
    People's idea about patriotism is different.Like some folks
    Spend hours drinking in the wake of Mumbai attacks
    Say they would go back to India to fight if rumors about the war between India and Pak post Mumbai attacks is true.
    So patriotic so much so that when IV avtar feature is introduced they even upload a soldier's picture albeit for few min.
    When it comes to PM of India they would want western breed like Nostradamus kind Simon,Sweet voiced Susan or half Indian Saino.
    Can we call them unpatriotic ?NO!! .That's their patriotism what if it is a bit different in style.(No I didn't spend time digging into anyon'es old posts.Just when someon'esr patriotism seemes interestingly interesting we get to remember some things)

    Then moving to IQ:

    Some people have such high IQ that they go into the mind of the anonymous members on a forum and find out that these members think they are political strategists ,just that they did a bad job at reading the mind.(None of the members that posted in this thread said they think they are political strategists if anything they repeatedly said that they are sharing what they know.But you know this IQ thing when it's on High it does strange things.)

    Facts in politics (in general) and Indian politics in specific are intricately bonded and it's not much possible to state a new fact without stating already mentioned fact(as proof)
    For major part of 60 years in Indian political scenario we are repeating the same family to hold top most position,we are repeating same mistakes, what's mere repetition of few facts on a forum.

    ( Though no one asked me directly) As always if I think I have to say something I will continue to do so.I'm not even wee bit interested in getting into personal attacks with anonymous members on an anonymous forum That's not why I come here.Also I have nothing against anyone.If I like someone's post I won't hold back my appreciation just because they didn't like my posts.

    Now I hope they don't have a problem with the length of my post :)



    more...


    bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • jkays94
    07-11 10:00 PM
    One of my friend was so frustated with this situtation , that he even explored IT jobs in gulf countries.He was telling me IBM has big presence there & with US experience , you can get manaegerial position with almost double salary.Also its nearer from India.


    Not to mention that if the offer is good and depending on the country, it is not uncommon to get a tax free salary, housing, 2 round trip tickets to one's home country for the individual and their family, in essence your major cost will likely just be food!





    hot %IMG_DESC_5% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • insbaby
    02-13 02:02 AM
    I think the entire community should align behind Administrative reforms with a laser-focus. This initiative is a digression.

    IV has had it's own share of success with it's approach. No other methods have succeeded so far .

    Also, from my little IV volunteering experience I can vouch that our community has very high inertia and is difficult to organize. people are afraid to send letters to president...good luck in getting them to sue USCIS.

    community does not have the bandwidth to take multiple initiatives.

    I see no wisdom in doing this. USCIS/DOS can screw us worse , if they wish to . This is not being timid but being pragmatic...anyway the bravado talk also needs to be followed up by multiple clear paths to victory.

    Boss, you will realize the importance when you are told that you are NOT ELIGIBLE for a driver license in this country and they will ask you to get a cab to work or WALK to work.



    more...


    house %IMG_DESC_17% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • a2k2
    01-13 04:09 PM
    As someone in one of the threads had mentioned, say "All is well" and you will feel better!!!





    tattoo %IMG_DESC_6% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • samay
    07-15 05:19 PM
    Hi there,

    Here is my situation, any help to resolve this is appreciated.
    - My self (primary) & my wife's(derivative) I-485's (PD June 2002) were filed in March 2007.
    - My I-485 was approved in July 2007, my wife's was pending due to NC.
    - My wife's employer filed PERM (PD June 2007) & then filed I-140 in March 2008.
    - We recently contacted NSC regarding my wife's case status, we received a letter from them stating that, her I485 is waiting for I-140 to get approved.

    They linked her new I-140 to her pending I-485 that was filed as derivative.Is this USCIS error?.How to correct this error and have them consider her I-485 application as a derivative application?.

    Thanks for your help.

    [COLOR="Blue"]Your attorney should get in touch with the USCIS.This situation can be sorted out with informing the USCIS. In case you require any assistance please get in touch with me.



    more...


    pictures %IMG_DESC_7% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • GCard_Dream
    10-19 12:18 AM
    Nope. You have to be in Canada physically 2 years out of the 5 years.

    I'm not looking for a citizenship but I gotto live here and almost getting Canada PR. If this is the case, anyway I'll lose the PR 5 years later since I couldn't stand there 2 years long in 5 years.
    Please advise.





    dresses %IMG_DESC_12% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • lazycis
    02-13 02:37 PM
    http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_lit_030402a.asp
    WASHINGTON, D.C.- Immigrant advocates filed a national class action lawsuit in federal court today challenging the Immigration and Naturalization Service's (INS) misadministration of a law that provides persons granted asylum the right to live and work in the United States permanently. The suit, filed by the American Immigration Law Foundation and Dorsey & Whitney LLP, seeks to compel the INS to issue all allotted "green cards" fairly on a first-come, first-served basis.

    Some 50 named plaintiffs represent tens of thousands of asylees throughout the country. The plaintiffs are all refugees who fled persecution in their home countries and were granted asylum in the United States. Under U.S. law, they may apply to become permanent residents, or so-called green card holders, of the United States. Congress has imposed a cap of 10,000 on the number of asylees who can attain permanent resident status each year.

    The lawsuit alleges that the government failed to distribute more than 18,000 green cards in the last eight years while more than 60,000 asylees wait in legal limbo; failed to process applications on a first-come, first-served basis as required by law; and kept thousands of asylees on the wait list who are exempt from the cap. The lawsuit also challenges the government's practice of requiring asylees to obtain a new employment authorization card each year-at a cost that presents a hardship for many families-while they wait for their permanent status.

    If 50 asylees managed to get enough money for action, 50 high-skilled immigrants can do it too. Otherwise I'll be greatly dissappointed. Lack of action is a killer. I was shoked to read walking_dude's post that nobody from MI volunteered to be a plaintiff in DL case. If people do not want to help themselves, IV won't be able to help them.



    more...


    makeup %IMG_DESC_9% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • Marphad
    05-18 01:19 PM
    How has panini's profile in THIS THREAD got anything to do with immigration? this is NOT an immigration related thread. If you should police a person's profile in an immigration related thread no one would object, but this is the wrong thread. And isn't the default changeability the US ? Your accusations are pretty strong and doesn't seem to have any backing; what are the rumors that he has been spreading ? anti immigrant ???

    If you should police this site, then ask the Admin's to close non immigration related threads that have a political debate involved.

    Well,

    Panini's profile is "WRONG" on this thread too: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=237356&postcount=1

    More, It is wrong to put fake data. All I suggested is that it has some impact on his credibility and his reaction was very strong. I agree with his post contents and second them too! Not comfortable with someone roaming around with fake profile - keep in mind profile is the same whether it is immigration or non-immigration related thread.

    You tell me the reason you think why Panini put wrong profile data. OK, you don't know, then tell me why you put correct profile information? You will get your answer.





    girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • ocpmachine
    06-11 07:39 PM
    To be honest, I do agree that the US needs qualified people with skillsets. The real question is "Are the people from the desi consulting companies the real qualified lot ? " Just to get my background details out of the way. I am a new member, from India ofcourse, and I have recently applied for my citizenship. Now with this huge deluge of immigrants, especially from the desi consulting companies, I feel that my quality of life is getting adversely impacted. Do not rush to conclusions that I am anti Indian or anti immigrant. 12 years back when I first got my H1 visa, the requirements to qualify were strict. Staffing companies to a decent extent followed rules and tried to get the best and the brightest. Once the dot com boom started, people from all walks of life entered IT. This was true of not just the Indians but also of people in the US. Soon after the bust, the value proposition from these staffing companies was simply low cost. This is not to blame the staffing companies. They behaved in an economically rational way.

    Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.

    In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.

    In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.



    Dilip Dude,
    As said before by unseenguy, your case is just plain LUCK, if there was no bill during 1999-2000 to recapture and increase GC quota, you would have been still struck in BEC counting days for GC,forget Citizenship. Just because you are over qualified(or under!) than others does not make you special or get you GC faster, you just had some good KARMA, thats it...

    Anyways, your attitude of blaming others(h1/l1 etc.) for decrease in your quality of life is just plain STUPID and shows your maturity.

    I wish you are not in a managerial position, I have seen many Desi managers like you who give hard time to fellow Desi folks working under them thinking they rule the world and they are the only qualified one who knows all.

    My advice is wish good for others not bad, this will get you more good karma and maybe get your citizenship faster.. :-)





    hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11% bullet for my valentine matt tuck. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • GC_sufferer
    07-03 09:27 PM
    We should ask Congress to postpone the July 30th fee increase while it studies how USCIS can function year round with the same efficiency that it showed in the last two weeks of June.





    grimreaper
    07-21 05:16 PM
    I have come across quite a few of the Amway/ Quickstart folks. Like most of the people have described here, they usually approach me in Walmart, Meijer, etc. My first experience was in the temple. This dude and his wife went "oh wow! you know so many languages." After talking to the dude, he said that he knew some of my childhood friends and he remembered my face and that we could have possibly played cricket together in our childhood days (this itself should have raised red flags - but I was naive then and didn't think twice). Long story short, we exchanged phone #s and next day he called me and asked me to meet him at his home. He was running an "ecomm business" and was looking for partners. I asked him if he was talking about Amway and he innocently asked me "What is Amway?" I agreed to meet him but something bothered me. I called up another childhood friend who was in Amway and asked him about this dude. Sure enough he was an Amway-ite and already a "Diamond". I was mad and did not go to his house. He called me a couple of times but I never picked up the phone.

    That encounter was a bitter experience for me and I decided that I will not entertain any more desis who do cold contacts. However, soon I forgot all about him and I had 2 or 3 more such "cold" contacts (it took me about 3 more experiences to realize the Amyay "cold" contact pattern). I decided that enough was enough. From then on if a desi approached me in any of the stores and decided to do a "cold" contact, I would be on my guard. I would not become angry or irritated (after all they are humans too and they are just doing what they believe will give them a better life) - I would just steer the conversation to what I would like to do in my life. I would spin some yarn about how I am really happy volunteering to help kids in 1st and 2nd grade improve their English reading skills (which I really did) or how I liked taking part in the local community college's adult literacy program (helping adults prepare for GEDs, etc - again which is something I do). I would then go on and become philosophical about how these days everyone is after money and think about money all the time and how this is creating a very unhealthy state of mind, especially among Indians. I would make sure to tell the person that I would not like to go down that path and being a pious Hindu, my goal is to attain Moksha by leading a simple life.

    By this time if the dude has not run away from me, I will ask him what his objectives are. Usually they say that they can understand where I am coming from and congratulate me for all my community service (I am rolling all over the place in my head - but somehow keep a straight face). One guy even went so far as to tell me that he is on the other end of the spectrum and he gives away a lot of money in charity. He even told me that I should consider going that route as well. After the meeting, I call up my Amway friend and ask him if XYZ is in Amway and the answer has always been yes.
    Inspite of all this if the dude asks for my phone number (and this has happened once), I come up with the story that I forgot to bring my cell phone and proceed to give the person the phone # of the local pharmacy. I also suggest that he give a "missed call" (again rolled all over the place in my head when he gave a missed call) so that I can note down his # when I go home.
    I just had to get this off my chest when I saw the Amway thread. Hopefully others can also turn a potentially unpleasant situation into a pleasant situation and have fun at some other person's expense.


    Hilarious.....I have not been accosted by any AMWAY members yet, but if I do, I will try to give them a run for their Money. I am just tickled by your attitude. Way to go buddy.....:D





    mheggade
    07-23 01:14 PM
    Reply to sumagiri's post

    This kind of statements are used just to bluff the congress. Bear in mind 140k is the quota and may not be the target. Looks like they did it again (I mean bluff DOS and Congress) and DOS had no choice to move the dates so that overseas visa post can consume the remaining visa.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment