sledge_hammer
05-29 11:42 AM
3.2K visas for EB2I includes all applicants. So regardless of what type of processing, the last person to get his GC is 19 years from now, correct?
I think you have not yet included those doing Consular Processing in your computation. CP accounts for about 20% of total usage.
I think you have not yet included those doing Consular Processing in your computation. CP accounts for about 20% of total usage.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
gauravster
06-04 03:01 PM
As JSB pointed out what you are asking already exists with an EAD, 180 days after filing 485 you can leave your current employer and join a new company as long as it is a same\semilar job. The problem with this same or semilar job is it is a ticking time bomb, the day USCIS decides to go after EAD they can have a restrictive interpretation of same and semilar job and deny your 485 or they can keep sending you employment verification letter rfe every couple of months. I am not being paranioid, for example even though AC 21 clearly states that once 180 days have passed since the 485 has been applied, the employee can join a new job and even if the previous employer has revoked the approved 140 it should not effect the 485 petition, but USCIS is not following this law and blindly sending 485 denial notices to applicants whose approved i140 was revoked by previous employer. Who knows what sort of abuse will USCIS resort to in the future against EAD.
To prevent this we should work towards an administrative fix that once the 485 application is pre adjudicated the applicant should be left alone and not issed any Employment verification letter rfe, or semilar\same job restrictions if they are back logged because of country quota and face multiple year wait.
The EAD/AC21 is still only available to those who are July 07 filers. There are many who have missed the oppurtunity. What many people are asking for is for something such that anyone can change a job after some given time, irrespective of Visa number availability. Even for those with EAD's, you are still restricted to be in the same field. So if you want a career move and do an MBA or acquire new skills to change your career, you cannot do that (unless EAD is for a dependent). If this is not pigeoning people, what is.
To prevent this we should work towards an administrative fix that once the 485 application is pre adjudicated the applicant should be left alone and not issed any Employment verification letter rfe, or semilar\same job restrictions if they are back logged because of country quota and face multiple year wait.
The EAD/AC21 is still only available to those who are July 07 filers. There are many who have missed the oppurtunity. What many people are asking for is for something such that anyone can change a job after some given time, irrespective of Visa number availability. Even for those with EAD's, you are still restricted to be in the same field. So if you want a career move and do an MBA or acquire new skills to change your career, you cannot do that (unless EAD is for a dependent). If this is not pigeoning people, what is.
paskal
02-14 08:23 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Why_Sania_wont_be_hounded_in_the_US_for_insulting_ flag/articleshow/2783772.cms
The Supreme court has the right to strike down laws effecting people
my friend you really need to dig deeper into stuff...most things are more than meets the eye. courts are very reluctant to strike down laws. the supreme court will strike down a federal law ONLY if it's against the constitution itself...ie there has to be a fundamental problem. this is true both in the US and in India.
the fact that a law inconveniences people is just not enough ground.
The Supreme court has the right to strike down laws effecting people
my friend you really need to dig deeper into stuff...most things are more than meets the eye. courts are very reluctant to strike down laws. the supreme court will strike down a federal law ONLY if it's against the constitution itself...ie there has to be a fundamental problem. this is true both in the US and in India.
the fact that a law inconveniences people is just not enough ground.
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
satyasaich
09-23 11:53 AM
My friend
I'm a home owner, bought a home in 2005 and still on H1B.
But let's not complicate the efforts because i'm not sure how much it will help to clear the mess of retrogression
Correct me if i were wrong and missing something
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
I'm a home owner, bought a home in 2005 and still on H1B.
But let's not complicate the efforts because i'm not sure how much it will help to clear the mess of retrogression
Correct me if i were wrong and missing something
Current homeowners who are waiting for their GC MUST also be exempted from cap. This clause has to be there. Without having any gurantee of getting GC these folks have invested their savings in buying home even when the prices were high, WHY because they had real intent of making US their permanent home. So these people should too be exempted from EB cap.
more...
g1FTP
06-16 03:27 PM
I hope that you are more qualified than I am and I am not going to waste your time or my time contesting it. However, you could be a little more humble. I would also like to point out that your high qualifications may be failing you in your critical and deductive reasoning. Refer to the highlighted portion of your quote. If I may reason on an analogous note, you are saying that the current IIT JEE examination lets in a few people who aren't qualified. So by making the examination more tougher, it has more chances of letting in unqualified people. Needless to say, I am stumped.
I am waiting in the line as well for GC or to be sent back home and personally, I want everyone to get their GC and don't agree with dilipcr. Kind of off-topic but I made this observation:
IMHO simsachu's reasoning is sound.
Your example is not the same as simsachu's. simsachu assumes there are way more "bad" fish compared to the good one's in the population. Hence you need to catch more fish to come across a "good" one.
You assume the opposite (there are very few bad fish) and hence come to the conclusion that catching more fish would net you more bad fish (but way more "good" fish as well) as well. But given your assumption, it is puzzling why you want to have lesser number of GC's (if indeed that is what you are advocating, I haven't read all the messages in the thread) when you assume there are way more "good" candidates than bad.
I am waiting in the line as well for GC or to be sent back home and personally, I want everyone to get their GC and don't agree with dilipcr. Kind of off-topic but I made this observation:
IMHO simsachu's reasoning is sound.
Your example is not the same as simsachu's. simsachu assumes there are way more "bad" fish compared to the good one's in the population. Hence you need to catch more fish to come across a "good" one.
You assume the opposite (there are very few bad fish) and hence come to the conclusion that catching more fish would net you more bad fish (but way more "good" fish as well) as well. But given your assumption, it is puzzling why you want to have lesser number of GC's (if indeed that is what you are advocating, I haven't read all the messages in the thread) when you assume there are way more "good" candidates than bad.
mabuhay
07-13 02:29 PM
I'm tired and extremely frustrated. Maybe this country does NOT need
an experience special education teacher nor a registered nurse (my husband), who studied here but cannot work because of unavailability of visa/green card.
Starting today, I will explore the possibility of moving to Canada. Could anyone direct me on how to start?
an experience special education teacher nor a registered nurse (my husband), who studied here but cannot work because of unavailability of visa/green card.
Starting today, I will explore the possibility of moving to Canada. Could anyone direct me on how to start?
more...
msp1976
02-15 11:29 AM
longg and msp1976, Could you update your profile with contact information. IV can use your skills.
I have added cell phone number in my profile....
I have added cell phone number in my profile....
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
whatamidoinghere
02-22 04:26 AM
Looks like lot of data is available for us to crunch on:
Labor certifications from 2000 to 2006
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
H1Bs issued from 2002 to 2006
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx
Hopefully using this data we can get some rough prediction on cutoff date movement. I'm going to spend the coming weekend on this.
Labor certifications from 2000 to 2006
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
H1Bs issued from 2002 to 2006
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx
Hopefully using this data we can get some rough prediction on cutoff date movement. I'm going to spend the coming weekend on this.
more...
snaidu
05-10 10:27 AM
I see a lot of people discussing about Canada.
Any inputs about Australia and life down under?
Thanks
Any inputs about Australia and life down under?
Thanks
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
willigetagc
07-26 08:44 AM
If USCIS follows Vertical Policy after EB-3 becomes current, all the remaining visas will go to EB-2 India/China and will be used up completely. With the volume of demand for EB-3 India, unless some legislative relief comes EB-3 India's problem will not be solved.
However, by following horizontal policy, if EB-2 India/China is cleared and made current, Any spillover in EB-3 should be equally shared and EB-3 India's share will improve but in miniscule way.
Fighting for legislative relief is the only way out for EB-3 instead of dividing our community between EB-2 and EB-3
I dont think the situation is that bleak. What would happen when EB3 ROW is unable to use up all the spillovers from EB2? The excess would go to EB3 I, right?
In the past 4+ years, the annual H1 queue is just 65K. So the input into the EB queue must have moderated quite a bit.
However, by following horizontal policy, if EB-2 India/China is cleared and made current, Any spillover in EB-3 should be equally shared and EB-3 India's share will improve but in miniscule way.
Fighting for legislative relief is the only way out for EB-3 instead of dividing our community between EB-2 and EB-3
I dont think the situation is that bleak. What would happen when EB3 ROW is unable to use up all the spillovers from EB2? The excess would go to EB3 I, right?
In the past 4+ years, the annual H1 queue is just 65K. So the input into the EB queue must have moderated quite a bit.
more...
vagish
05-09 09:46 PM
Did you get a job in US before you came to US. Most probably not.
There are a lot of people who come to US blindly like students or consultants. They also landed up jobs (doing what they were meant for and not as cabbies or as janitors) and built careers.
There are no or few body shoppers in canada because there are only a few shops :-D
For the majority this is true in US. This is what land of opportunity means.
It might be true for a few cases in Canada but for the majority it is false advertisement. Canada is not a land of opportunity. This is not a few of those who have been burnt talking. Try getting a job in Canada. Look at the salaries for yourselves.
Folks am again telling this for your own benefit only. I have nothing to gain. I was not wise to do that. So thought I would guide the poor wandering souls here. Dont waste your dollars in Canada PR when you have US GC pending. It will do you no good.
I wont post on this thread again :)
---DISCLAIMER: ABOVE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY AND MAY BE FALSE---
I disagree, I have friends who are DBA's ( oracle and DB2 ) , I know he has been working for $85/hr in canada from the past five years, there are lots of insurance , financial bank in canada, and also for SAP consultants there are excellent oppurtunities in alberta ( HUB OF OIL COMPANIES ) , I know lots of people are driveing TAXI but some body with experience should not find it immposible. Another friend of mine from INDIA landed directly in toronto, with only 2 years experience in .NET , with in four months he got a job.
So again if you do ur homework, you can settle down with ease in canada.
thanks
There are a lot of people who come to US blindly like students or consultants. They also landed up jobs (doing what they were meant for and not as cabbies or as janitors) and built careers.
There are no or few body shoppers in canada because there are only a few shops :-D
For the majority this is true in US. This is what land of opportunity means.
It might be true for a few cases in Canada but for the majority it is false advertisement. Canada is not a land of opportunity. This is not a few of those who have been burnt talking. Try getting a job in Canada. Look at the salaries for yourselves.
Folks am again telling this for your own benefit only. I have nothing to gain. I was not wise to do that. So thought I would guide the poor wandering souls here. Dont waste your dollars in Canada PR when you have US GC pending. It will do you no good.
I wont post on this thread again :)
---DISCLAIMER: ABOVE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY AND MAY BE FALSE---
I disagree, I have friends who are DBA's ( oracle and DB2 ) , I know he has been working for $85/hr in canada from the past five years, there are lots of insurance , financial bank in canada, and also for SAP consultants there are excellent oppurtunities in alberta ( HUB OF OIL COMPANIES ) , I know lots of people are driveing TAXI but some body with experience should not find it immposible. Another friend of mine from INDIA landed directly in toronto, with only 2 years experience in .NET , with in four months he got a job.
So again if you do ur homework, you can settle down with ease in canada.
thanks
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
thomachan72
05-09 08:59 PM
Please experts on Canada vs US situation help with this.
A person lets say makes 100000 in US. His approx take home (after tax) would be lets say 70000, right? How much would he have to make in canada (Montreal) to keep par or do better than the salary in US. This is to understand the tax structure. Please try to give atleast three scenarios--
Bachelor, married filing joint, married filing joint with dependents. Thanks.
A person lets say makes 100000 in US. His approx take home (after tax) would be lets say 70000, right? How much would he have to make in canada (Montreal) to keep par or do better than the salary in US. This is to understand the tax structure. Please try to give atleast three scenarios--
Bachelor, married filing joint, married filing joint with dependents. Thanks.
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
chanduv23
02-13 10:59 PM
you cannot sue for incompetence, or the courts would be full!
Yes, this is what IV core had told us before.
But members seem to be enthuiastic about having a case, so it may not hurt to consult an Attorney for legal opinion.
Yes, this is what IV core had told us before.
But members seem to be enthuiastic about having a case, so it may not hurt to consult an Attorney for legal opinion.
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
nomi
09-29 02:59 PM
HI can some body answer if we can apply for canadian PR with H1 B valid for less than 1 year.
For canadian citizenship you have to be in canada for 2 yr(physicaly) and after 3 yr after stamping
HI can some body answer if we can apply for canadian PR with H1 B valid for less than 1 year.
You can apply anytime for Canadian PR. It has nothing to do with H1 or any other US Visa or status.
For canadian citizenship you have to be in canada for 2 yr(physicaly) and after 3 yr after stamping
You have to live two years in Canada in order to get your Canadian
Citizenship.
For canadian citizenship you have to be in canada for 2 yr(physicaly) and after 3 yr after stamping
HI can some body answer if we can apply for canadian PR with H1 B valid for less than 1 year.
You can apply anytime for Canadian PR. It has nothing to do with H1 or any other US Visa or status.
For canadian citizenship you have to be in canada for 2 yr(physicaly) and after 3 yr after stamping
You have to live two years in Canada in order to get your Canadian
Citizenship.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
Lasantha
02-12 02:21 PM
Yes, I wonder too. The new memo with the 180 day rule for FBI name check may create a considerable demand for visa numbers and could slow things down.
If the current EB3-ROW move is any indication one can rely on, I think you will be current in next month's bulletin. I bet you can't wait.
I wonder what kind of move we might see for eb3 -row next month.
If the current EB3-ROW move is any indication one can rely on, I think you will be current in next month's bulletin. I bet you can't wait.
I wonder what kind of move we might see for eb3 -row next month.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
hpandey
02-15 11:30 AM
Bestia,
First thanks 4 your advice. We'll send 2 separate cheques, one 4 me and one 4 my husband.Is this what U meant when suggesting 2 send "my own cheque"?
Why do U say I have good chance to have my AOS adjudecated? I really needed to hear that. Can U be more specific? Any idea/guess how long could it take to get GC?
About EAD. I 'm on H4, not working yet, that's why I am eager to get EAD. Do U think that there is no chance to get it within the 90 days? My husband is on H1B an he has I40 already approved. He won't leave his job that's for sure.
What "IV" stands for? Where can I found more about it?
Hi
IV stands for Immigration Voice and you are writing these posts on the forums on its website.
Go to Immigrationvoice.org Home Page to know more
First thanks 4 your advice. We'll send 2 separate cheques, one 4 me and one 4 my husband.Is this what U meant when suggesting 2 send "my own cheque"?
Why do U say I have good chance to have my AOS adjudecated? I really needed to hear that. Can U be more specific? Any idea/guess how long could it take to get GC?
About EAD. I 'm on H4, not working yet, that's why I am eager to get EAD. Do U think that there is no chance to get it within the 90 days? My husband is on H1B an he has I40 already approved. He won't leave his job that's for sure.
What "IV" stands for? Where can I found more about it?
Hi
IV stands for Immigration Voice and you are writing these posts on the forums on its website.
Go to Immigrationvoice.org Home Page to know more
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
logiclife
01-01 01:08 AM
Here is the contact info of this author.
http://www.flight-capital.com/contact.html
His email is dh@flight-capital.com. The phone numbers are for his sales office of his book. I came to know about this guy from cable news show, I guess it was MSNBC, cant be sure.
I have already written a letter to this guy asking for help/suggestions. I will send a copy of that email to you too.
This man is legit. I found something more on this guy:
This is from : http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=14488§or=QAndA&subsector=PolicyMakersAndPundits#
In Flight Capital, Mr. Heenan says that 1,000 people a day leave the U.S. to return to their home countries. While few countries monitor the quantity and quality of talent that has exited and returned, he says these are the talented people who help drive the pace of innovation in tech centers like California�s Silicon Valley. �In the global war for top talent, our competitors aren�t taking prisoners,� he writes.In his travels and research, Mr. Heenan interviewed repatriates in eight countries, including Ireland, Iceland, India, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, and Mexico. Eight of the 11 Americans who shared Nobel prizes in physics and chemistry in the past three years were born elsewhere, and nearly 40 percent of Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate students are from abroad, notes Mr. Heenan, who has taught at the University of Pennsylvania�s Wharton School and Columbia University.
http://www.flight-capital.com/contact.html
His email is dh@flight-capital.com. The phone numbers are for his sales office of his book. I came to know about this guy from cable news show, I guess it was MSNBC, cant be sure.
I have already written a letter to this guy asking for help/suggestions. I will send a copy of that email to you too.
This man is legit. I found something more on this guy:
This is from : http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=14488§or=QAndA&subsector=PolicyMakersAndPundits#
In Flight Capital, Mr. Heenan says that 1,000 people a day leave the U.S. to return to their home countries. While few countries monitor the quantity and quality of talent that has exited and returned, he says these are the talented people who help drive the pace of innovation in tech centers like California�s Silicon Valley. �In the global war for top talent, our competitors aren�t taking prisoners,� he writes.In his travels and research, Mr. Heenan interviewed repatriates in eight countries, including Ireland, Iceland, India, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, and Mexico. Eight of the 11 Americans who shared Nobel prizes in physics and chemistry in the past three years were born elsewhere, and nearly 40 percent of Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate students are from abroad, notes Mr. Heenan, who has taught at the University of Pennsylvania�s Wharton School and Columbia University.
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
songlan
07-13 09:59 AM
Can you share with us the steps (or a link maybe) to file on our own.? I have heard of Maple a lot and most of my friends in the west coast are going through them. That's why I referred their name here. Note: I am not paid to market them and they are very expensive :(
thks!!
lotr
You can easily find the steps at the official website www.cic.gc.ca . I followed the instructions on this web site step-by-steps and got GC approval for whole family in 12 months. I did not complete the final steps (pay the final fee and land to Canada for at least once), because I thought the chance to get US GC is still with us. Now I got US GC 3 weeks ago (at the crazy peak of approval June 15 June 30 , you knew it).
I made many researches about the chance to live in Canada for an ex-US H1B (asking the friends there, compare the living cost, job search in canada, visit canadian forum etc ...) and found the decision to quit US and get GC in Canada is very various and depends on individual cases/family. You have to make your own research and find Canada GC is suitable for your situation , your family or not.
for short, you can do-it-yourself the the application canadian GC, you certainly DO NOT NEED an immigration service . Paying such services could only cause your case more delays (everything get though attorneys first .....) ....
thks!!
lotr
You can easily find the steps at the official website www.cic.gc.ca . I followed the instructions on this web site step-by-steps and got GC approval for whole family in 12 months. I did not complete the final steps (pay the final fee and land to Canada for at least once), because I thought the chance to get US GC is still with us. Now I got US GC 3 weeks ago (at the crazy peak of approval June 15 June 30 , you knew it).
I made many researches about the chance to live in Canada for an ex-US H1B (asking the friends there, compare the living cost, job search in canada, visit canadian forum etc ...) and found the decision to quit US and get GC in Canada is very various and depends on individual cases/family. You have to make your own research and find Canada GC is suitable for your situation , your family or not.
for short, you can do-it-yourself the the application canadian GC, you certainly DO NOT NEED an immigration service . Paying such services could only cause your case more delays (everything get though attorneys first .....) ....
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
swo
07-13 02:51 AM
I spent over 20 years in Canada. Fact is, I never EVER waited a month to see a doctor. Not once. Nor has my sister who is still there.
I spent 7 years in Australia. Never had a problem getting a doctor there either. In fact, I will say that it truly is AWESOME there. Great people, great opporunities, good money, incredible lifestyle.
I have spent 7 years in the US. It's a wonderful place with heaps of opportunity. The cost of living is higher than any other place but I accept it because because I like so much about living here. I like the people, I like the weather. I like the countryside and the culture.
You see, for me, there are many great things to be found in all 3 of these places. It's not a contest. There are good and bad aspects to life in any place you chose. In that one area, I agree with you. There are pros and cons that need to be considered. What you choose is a personal decision based on your needs, objectives and desires.
It's that simple.
One last thing. Normally, I'd let this go. After all not everyone's first language is English. But when you start making ludicrous remarks about "illiterate Canadians", and demonstrate in that very same post that you are unable to construct a single decent sentence, well frankly, you're undermining your argument a little.
And by the way, Canada has one of the top literacy rates in the world.
And Do you (canadian wanna be) have any clue that to get respected salary and position you will be forced by illiterate Canadians to have "Professional Engineering Certificates"... It will suck blood out of your body for 5 years... So just do not read "Greener Side" of Canadian Immigration... I know it may not be applicable to all but more or less most of will have to face the same music in their careers. My all Canadian friends and relatives want to be Americans.. Only some of them practically could proceed for that.. After some stage of life it becomes hard to move families.. That is the reason they are facing now to take decision and simultaneously do not want to live in Canada anymore.. If you have 101 fever it will take 1 month to have Doctor's appointment... GST.. Higher taxes.. statistically there are chances "Most of members of this forum - Canadian Wanna Be" will have less promotions and/or increments in salary eventhough they will find themselves most skilled wherever they will work. Top posts would be the dream for most of you guys unless you start your own business.. if you understand what I am trying to tell... In USA it is not that way.... Having said this I can not say that everybody will experience the same what I am trying to portray but most fo them will.
I spent 7 years in Australia. Never had a problem getting a doctor there either. In fact, I will say that it truly is AWESOME there. Great people, great opporunities, good money, incredible lifestyle.
I have spent 7 years in the US. It's a wonderful place with heaps of opportunity. The cost of living is higher than any other place but I accept it because because I like so much about living here. I like the people, I like the weather. I like the countryside and the culture.
You see, for me, there are many great things to be found in all 3 of these places. It's not a contest. There are good and bad aspects to life in any place you chose. In that one area, I agree with you. There are pros and cons that need to be considered. What you choose is a personal decision based on your needs, objectives and desires.
It's that simple.
One last thing. Normally, I'd let this go. After all not everyone's first language is English. But when you start making ludicrous remarks about "illiterate Canadians", and demonstrate in that very same post that you are unable to construct a single decent sentence, well frankly, you're undermining your argument a little.
And by the way, Canada has one of the top literacy rates in the world.
And Do you (canadian wanna be) have any clue that to get respected salary and position you will be forced by illiterate Canadians to have "Professional Engineering Certificates"... It will suck blood out of your body for 5 years... So just do not read "Greener Side" of Canadian Immigration... I know it may not be applicable to all but more or less most of will have to face the same music in their careers. My all Canadian friends and relatives want to be Americans.. Only some of them practically could proceed for that.. After some stage of life it becomes hard to move families.. That is the reason they are facing now to take decision and simultaneously do not want to live in Canada anymore.. If you have 101 fever it will take 1 month to have Doctor's appointment... GST.. Higher taxes.. statistically there are chances "Most of members of this forum - Canadian Wanna Be" will have less promotions and/or increments in salary eventhough they will find themselves most skilled wherever they will work. Top posts would be the dream for most of you guys unless you start your own business.. if you understand what I am trying to tell... In USA it is not that way.... Having said this I can not say that everybody will experience the same what I am trying to portray but most fo them will.
cagedcactus
06-21 03:20 PM
I took upon a couple of new employess in 2004 October and trained them for couple of months as per my job requirement. The company later laid off few guys and substituted two approved labors with these two guys. They got their greencards last year, while I am stuck with a F***ing 2003 PD.
I cant even say how mad I was over getting screwed like this, but hey, if there is any good left, maybe I will have my day too........
I agree with your post here.....
Many of us are not aware of the extend of labor subtituion and the impact that it has on the visa numbers .
I personally know a case where 1-140 was filed in 2005, for a Labor which was approved as early as 2000.
The person was able to get his green card in 6 months time (he has been in US only for 1 year, came to work with the Indian company and joined this new firm just to get his substitute LC) and ate away 2 visa numbers which a genuine GC applicant should have got.
When there are applicants who are waiting for more than 5-7 years to get their green card and in some cases just to get through the labor certification process , isnt this grossly unfair?
Advocates support LC substituion as it is just one more avenue for them to make more money. Unscrupulous employers support the LC substituion since it helps them to make money ( as I understand many of these companies sell LC) . Also same LC is used multiple times.
The losers are genuine GC applicants who are ethical and companies which are ethical.
As a H4 visa holder my life in this country has been so very limited that even opening a bank account or getting a driving licence is tedious as most people have no clue about H4 Visa-its limitations including absence of SSN and donot acknowledge ITIN number for many of the above purposes.
We who are hindered by retrogression and the slow processing (actually no processing at all ) happening in the backlog centers should welcome this new legislation for Banning LC substituion.
I cant even say how mad I was over getting screwed like this, but hey, if there is any good left, maybe I will have my day too........
I agree with your post here.....
Many of us are not aware of the extend of labor subtituion and the impact that it has on the visa numbers .
I personally know a case where 1-140 was filed in 2005, for a Labor which was approved as early as 2000.
The person was able to get his green card in 6 months time (he has been in US only for 1 year, came to work with the Indian company and joined this new firm just to get his substitute LC) and ate away 2 visa numbers which a genuine GC applicant should have got.
When there are applicants who are waiting for more than 5-7 years to get their green card and in some cases just to get through the labor certification process , isnt this grossly unfair?
Advocates support LC substituion as it is just one more avenue for them to make more money. Unscrupulous employers support the LC substituion since it helps them to make money ( as I understand many of these companies sell LC) . Also same LC is used multiple times.
The losers are genuine GC applicants who are ethical and companies which are ethical.
As a H4 visa holder my life in this country has been so very limited that even opening a bank account or getting a driving licence is tedious as most people have no clue about H4 Visa-its limitations including absence of SSN and donot acknowledge ITIN number for many of the above purposes.
We who are hindered by retrogression and the slow processing (actually no processing at all ) happening in the backlog centers should welcome this new legislation for Banning LC substituion.
va_il
07-12 09:39 PM
I wonder how you guys feel with the latest developments ... you changed your plans or your sourness to US has subsided?
BTW we used to read a story in our childhood .. Grapes that are not reachable to you are always sour ... the moment you can reach them they suddenly become delicious :)
BTW we used to read a story in our childhood .. Grapes that are not reachable to you are always sour ... the moment you can reach them they suddenly become delicious :)
No comments:
Post a Comment