aranya
12-14 03:26 PM
Short answer - The (30000-9800) British applicatications have to wait for 2010.
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
kanakabyraju
08-17 12:32 PM
Who cares about farmers. As per British, Indians are dogs and deep inside we are still dogs. We just bark at nothing. Otherwise this thread would have not started.
thanks
Kanaka
Let's look at the following news items
"If Pepsi is banned in India, I would go to the US and drink it� - SRK in 2006. This shows that SRK is nothing but a money minded freak who'll do anything for big bucks.
"SRK was cleared in 66 minutes, say US officials". This shows the true picture of the incident and whatever happened was routine and nothing was intended to single out SRK.
"I was questioned for two hours"- SRK. This shows the dishonesty and exaggeration of the incident, which the actor feels has hurt his ego. It's like "Mommy! US has pinched me OOOOO"
"I don't feel like stepping on American soil any more, but it is the love and affection of millions of his fans in the US which would bring him to this country again and again." - SRK. It's like "I don't feel like eating Ice-cream anymore. But since you all fans want me to eat it, I'm gonna eat it again and again"
"Cabinet minister suggested a "tit-for-tat" policy toward Americans traveling to India". This shows that we don't have any brains of our own and a "tit-for-tat" policy is intended more as a revenge rather than a matter of national security.
"Angry fans in the northern city of Allahabad shouted anti-U.S. slogans and burned an American flag." This shows the ignorance, illiteracy and hero worship that's rampant in India.
"India to take SRK detention issue strongly with US ". This shows that the govt. of India has got no better things to do, but feels that VIP treatment to movie stars is more important than nation's security. Moreover SRK visit to US was purely personal to promote his film and has got nothing to do with govt. of India.
"21 farmers end lives in 40 days in Andhra". Is anyone looking into this? Helooooo.
thanks
Kanaka
Let's look at the following news items
"If Pepsi is banned in India, I would go to the US and drink it� - SRK in 2006. This shows that SRK is nothing but a money minded freak who'll do anything for big bucks.
"SRK was cleared in 66 minutes, say US officials". This shows the true picture of the incident and whatever happened was routine and nothing was intended to single out SRK.
"I was questioned for two hours"- SRK. This shows the dishonesty and exaggeration of the incident, which the actor feels has hurt his ego. It's like "Mommy! US has pinched me OOOOO"
"I don't feel like stepping on American soil any more, but it is the love and affection of millions of his fans in the US which would bring him to this country again and again." - SRK. It's like "I don't feel like eating Ice-cream anymore. But since you all fans want me to eat it, I'm gonna eat it again and again"
"Cabinet minister suggested a "tit-for-tat" policy toward Americans traveling to India". This shows that we don't have any brains of our own and a "tit-for-tat" policy is intended more as a revenge rather than a matter of national security.
"Angry fans in the northern city of Allahabad shouted anti-U.S. slogans and burned an American flag." This shows the ignorance, illiteracy and hero worship that's rampant in India.
"India to take SRK detention issue strongly with US ". This shows that the govt. of India has got no better things to do, but feels that VIP treatment to movie stars is more important than nation's security. Moreover SRK visit to US was purely personal to promote his film and has got nothing to do with govt. of India.
"21 farmers end lives in 40 days in Andhra". Is anyone looking into this? Helooooo.
RandyK
05-01 02:46 PM
Dude,
DO NOT bring politics into this forum.
LTTE is a terrorist organization banned all over the world, first by India and US.
If you go read about the situation on the UN site you will find out that the civilians are held hostage by the LTTE and that is the main reason for the civilians to be in this situation.
If you want to see what LTTE is doing to their OWN people click on the link below and click on the link on the right hand side on top. You will see like 20 LTTE terrorists shooting at like 5000 tamils trying to escape from them. This was taken from a UAV of the SL Gov like a week ago.
http://www.defence.lk/hm/hm.asp
DO NOT bring politics into this forum.
LTTE is a terrorist organization banned all over the world, first by India and US.
If you go read about the situation on the UN site you will find out that the civilians are held hostage by the LTTE and that is the main reason for the civilians to be in this situation.
If you want to see what LTTE is doing to their OWN people click on the link below and click on the link on the right hand side on top. You will see like 20 LTTE terrorists shooting at like 5000 tamils trying to escape from them. This was taken from a UAV of the SL Gov like a week ago.
http://www.defence.lk/hm/hm.asp
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
JunRN
02-13 01:22 PM
I don't think removing the per country cap will solve the problem. It will balance retrogression by giving each country equal share of misery while the visa number allocation per year stays the same. It also requires changes in the statute which is almost impossible to happen because the legislators, either Dem. or GOP, will not agree to removing the cap. So let's be realistic.
The best solution is to recapture unused visas from previous years and increase the quota per year.
The best solution is to recapture unused visas from previous years and increase the quota per year.
more...
Michael chertoff
07-30 09:28 AM
This Ron Gotcher guy does not seem to get it.... he has an agenda, I dont buy his logic. It is unlikely that ~ 50 cases at consular posts are enough motivation to move dates forward by two years.
It took roughly one year for EB2-I dates to advance beyond April04 from the time it first got to April 04.
We know 2005 is a lean year.
It is likely that it will take almost a year before EB2-I dates advance beyond June06.
Those with PD < June06 that do not get a GC by Sep08 can expect to get it by Sep 09. Until then we will see some short term swings between 2003 and 2006.
When people with PD June 15 2006 will get the greencard???
It took roughly one year for EB2-I dates to advance beyond April04 from the time it first got to April 04.
We know 2005 is a lean year.
It is likely that it will take almost a year before EB2-I dates advance beyond June06.
Those with PD < June06 that do not get a GC by Sep08 can expect to get it by Sep 09. Until then we will see some short term swings between 2003 and 2006.
When people with PD June 15 2006 will get the greencard???
go_guy123
06-15 01:23 PM
I believe in luck in the GC process. Before 2005 PERM process, many folks applied in states where Labor was fast. They were able to get greencards within a couple of years while others were stuck in Labor Backlog centers (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=50). Some cleared all hurdles and got stuck in namechecks for years. Until 2007 Namecheck was a big scare. (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=61)
Many people could not file in July 07 for various reasons. Some people were born in India but were brought up in other country. Even they are stuck. Some people decided to rise in their careers and changed jobs on H1. While they did rise, but lost in the grreencard PD race.
So definitely luck pays its role.
Well said pappu....In case 2 of my friends Indian citizens, brought up in India
but were born outside India because their parents were posted there.
Also I know friends whose Labor was processed from "fast" states in 2000 and got there GC by 2003 or so.
Many people could not file in July 07 for various reasons. Some people were born in India but were brought up in other country. Even they are stuck. Some people decided to rise in their careers and changed jobs on H1. While they did rise, but lost in the grreencard PD race.
So definitely luck pays its role.
Well said pappu....In case 2 of my friends Indian citizens, brought up in India
but were born outside India because their parents were posted there.
Also I know friends whose Labor was processed from "fast" states in 2000 and got there GC by 2003 or so.
more...
lazycis
02-15 04:08 PM
I read the end and it was unfortunate. I was talking about visa number reservation where they can reserve visa numbers for us in the future years based on the previous mistake they did. The court can compel USCIS to give visa numbers but maybe not in the same year but in a period of several years where there can put the newly applied i-485's on hold.
Here is the story. DV immigrant is eligible to receive visa until fiscal year end. After the fiscal year ended, a DV immigrant is no longer eligible to receive visa.
8 USC 1154(a)(1)(I)(ii)
(II) Aliens who qualify, through random selection, for a visa under section 1153 (c) of this title shall remain eligible to receive such visa only through the end of the specific fiscal year for which they were selected.
The story is different for EB immigrants. Their eligibility does not expire. That's why it's possibile to recapture numbers from the previous years.
Here is the story. DV immigrant is eligible to receive visa until fiscal year end. After the fiscal year ended, a DV immigrant is no longer eligible to receive visa.
8 USC 1154(a)(1)(I)(ii)
(II) Aliens who qualify, through random selection, for a visa under section 1153 (c) of this title shall remain eligible to receive such visa only through the end of the specific fiscal year for which they were selected.
The story is different for EB immigrants. Their eligibility does not expire. That's why it's possibile to recapture numbers from the previous years.
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
aranya
12-14 04:38 PM
Simple. If it wasn't for that ceiling the vast majority of the visas will go to applicants from the oversubscribed countries. Now this is not a bad thing if the visas are in unlimited supply. But since that's not the case, the country ceiling ensures that even people from smaller nations will get an equal oportunity to claim a visa before all the visa are grabbed by their BIG brothers and sisters. And what's more what ever is left is given back to the oversubscribed countries.
How can you call that unfair? Is it fair to deprive a person from a smaller country, equal chance to have go at his GC?
I am sorry but I still cannot see how a 7% per country upper limit criteria allows any one sector (say IT) from monopolizing all the available visas
How can you call that unfair? Is it fair to deprive a person from a smaller country, equal chance to have go at his GC?
I am sorry but I still cannot see how a 7% per country upper limit criteria allows any one sector (say IT) from monopolizing all the available visas
more...
Jerrome
09-25 02:53 PM
I don't think in any year EB2ROW has got 40K GC in the past, even when the economy was in good shape.
Does anyone has links for the annual GC issuance per country/per category for 2008. I missed the link.
The worst case scenario would be 20,000 max. That means EB2(I) will move to Mid or3 rd quarter of 2006 by end of 2010.
using following report
NAFSA | Resource Library | Selected PERM Program Statistics - Jan 2009 (http://www.nafsa.org/regulatory_information.sec/regulatory_document_library.dlib/employment-based_immigration/selected_perm_program)
http://www.nafsa.org/uploadedFiles/selected_perm_program.pdf?n=2558
Using the report from 12/31/2008 (did not find a newer report)
PERM received: 20,752 (18,863 electronic; 1,889 mail-in)
PERM completed: 4,571 (3,074 certified; 1,328 denied; 169 withdrawn)
PERM pending : 53200
For next 3 quarters we assume they receive 10K applications and approve 5k each quarter we get PERM pending (53200 + 3 * 10k - 3 * 5k) = 68K pending PERM.
For this 68K, i am expecting 30% from India and 10% from China and 20% from EB3-ROW. We get 27K EB2 ROW PERM pending.
If 70% of them are approved and apply for I-485 with 1.2 dependent we get approx 40K I-485 applications in EB2-ROW.
So in case all PERM backlog is removed we will get 40K more EB2-ROW applications. Worst case scenario.
Does anyone has links for the annual GC issuance per country/per category for 2008. I missed the link.
The worst case scenario would be 20,000 max. That means EB2(I) will move to Mid or3 rd quarter of 2006 by end of 2010.
using following report
NAFSA | Resource Library | Selected PERM Program Statistics - Jan 2009 (http://www.nafsa.org/regulatory_information.sec/regulatory_document_library.dlib/employment-based_immigration/selected_perm_program)
http://www.nafsa.org/uploadedFiles/selected_perm_program.pdf?n=2558
Using the report from 12/31/2008 (did not find a newer report)
PERM received: 20,752 (18,863 electronic; 1,889 mail-in)
PERM completed: 4,571 (3,074 certified; 1,328 denied; 169 withdrawn)
PERM pending : 53200
For next 3 quarters we assume they receive 10K applications and approve 5k each quarter we get PERM pending (53200 + 3 * 10k - 3 * 5k) = 68K pending PERM.
For this 68K, i am expecting 30% from India and 10% from China and 20% from EB3-ROW. We get 27K EB2 ROW PERM pending.
If 70% of them are approved and apply for I-485 with 1.2 dependent we get approx 40K I-485 applications in EB2-ROW.
So in case all PERM backlog is removed we will get 40K more EB2-ROW applications. Worst case scenario.
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
TeddyKoochu
01-15 03:01 PM
I thought the same way as you did too. I am no fan of these job shop companies but remember some one will pay the price and face hardships I hope its just those companies not the employees. But the way things are if this gets effective employees can also get into a limbo - which I dont like - like say someone has gone for visa stamping and that gets denied or worst his/her family is still in the US - or something like that. Its true that the employee should try and look for a new job opportunity meeting new regulations but its not easy as it sounds.
More important point to consider is that new rules/regulations the way I understand it were suddenly implemented mid-stream - you cant do that. What if in after some time they apply same regulations to say people on EAD and using AC21 (i am still not clear whether it already applies to EAD we will have to wait for legal experts to comment) ? Or worse yet they come up with new regulations for people who already have their GC's approved ?
cinqsit
In Para 1, I think you have answered your own dilemma. With due respect and regard to all nobody is a fan of consulting companies except for maybe themselves, but many good and well qualified people work for them for various reasons as some of the posters have summarized most important one being the Green card. The current memo is almost like a notice to gradually shut shop for them, it impacts not only the company but the employee and his / her family. If somebody has to return because of a re-definition of "Employer/Employee" then it�s a really bad thing to happen, in this case the ship will sink with all on board.
In Para 2, I believe again you are right, low hanging fruits and easy soft targets are the first to be picked up. I think more enforcement would follow, I think it started with issuing RFE's for end client letters(This is a mandatory requirement now for consulting companies). You are correct in saying that the target audience might be the next level!
The entire memo is disastrous for the entire immigrant community waiting for GC. Worst of are the people who have to file their extensions soon or have to travel.
More important point to consider is that new rules/regulations the way I understand it were suddenly implemented mid-stream - you cant do that. What if in after some time they apply same regulations to say people on EAD and using AC21 (i am still not clear whether it already applies to EAD we will have to wait for legal experts to comment) ? Or worse yet they come up with new regulations for people who already have their GC's approved ?
cinqsit
In Para 1, I think you have answered your own dilemma. With due respect and regard to all nobody is a fan of consulting companies except for maybe themselves, but many good and well qualified people work for them for various reasons as some of the posters have summarized most important one being the Green card. The current memo is almost like a notice to gradually shut shop for them, it impacts not only the company but the employee and his / her family. If somebody has to return because of a re-definition of "Employer/Employee" then it�s a really bad thing to happen, in this case the ship will sink with all on board.
In Para 2, I believe again you are right, low hanging fruits and easy soft targets are the first to be picked up. I think more enforcement would follow, I think it started with issuing RFE's for end client letters(This is a mandatory requirement now for consulting companies). You are correct in saying that the target audience might be the next level!
The entire memo is disastrous for the entire immigrant community waiting for GC. Worst of are the people who have to file their extensions soon or have to travel.
more...
lazycis
12-13 04:22 PM
It does not violate the constitution so we better of concentrating on other issues. The country has a right to regulate foreign relationships as it sees fit. It does not have to treat all countries equally. Some countries are eligible for DV lottery, some not. Also, per-country limits for employment-based visas apply to those who are in the US and to those who are not.
We have to push Congress for changes, not courts. Some laws can and should be challenged, but this is not the case.
We have to push Congress for changes, not courts. Some laws can and should be challenged, but this is not the case.
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
neoklaus
02-13 03:05 PM
Are you suggesting that IV's efforts would increase the wait times for ROW?
What incentive does ROW have to work with IV then?
Generally speakin' we are all "Rest of the World".
Let's not just be theoretic. Our positive thinking and movement together will help resolve the issues.
Even that I'm here since 2000 & my husband 1999(H1B-ROW) we will wait and fight together with India, China...
Go, India! Go, China!
What incentive does ROW have to work with IV then?
Generally speakin' we are all "Rest of the World".
Let's not just be theoretic. Our positive thinking and movement together will help resolve the issues.
Even that I'm here since 2000 & my husband 1999(H1B-ROW) we will wait and fight together with India, China...
Go, India! Go, China!
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
venky321
01-13 08:52 PM
Can USCIS face legal challenges on this? It was just a memo, no law has been changed by the Government; the laws are just the same they were when they let it about a million people or so through these IT consulting companies.
Now they go back and say that was a misinterpretation of existing laws :eek:
Now they go back and say that was a misinterpretation of existing laws :eek:
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
hiralal
06-04 09:21 PM
now that we have 13 pages of discussion ..can we agree on something and start small campaigns atleast ???
that way we can generate more interest in IV.
we can do something indirect too ..such as contacting your realtors ..show interest in buying and then back off ..the advantage in this (if large number of people take part and each contact 4-5 realtors) ..then we will have someone else lobbying for us (rather than ourselves beating our own drum)
if someone has better idea then we can go for that too
that way we can generate more interest in IV.
we can do something indirect too ..such as contacting your realtors ..show interest in buying and then back off ..the advantage in this (if large number of people take part and each contact 4-5 realtors) ..then we will have someone else lobbying for us (rather than ourselves beating our own drum)
if someone has better idea then we can go for that too
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
chanduv23
08-17 12:24 PM
It looks like a lot of "so called educated folks" are PROBABLY JELOUS :) :) of Mr SRK.
No matter what - he is a capable man and I appreciate him for whatever he is.
If he is not doing anything to reduce poverty in India - well then it is his choice, but you can definitely let him know "Mr SRK please use your popularity in a good way and reduce poverty and disease in India"
Folks - all the starts do have "value" When I say stars - they are public figures, right from mucisians to television anchors to actors or ramp models or anyone - they are what they are because of their destiny, so just because they cannot code or hold a sthethescope, does not mean they are bad.
In fact The then president of the US applauded 'Bill Pullman" for his fascinating speech in the Independence Day movie claiming he did something marvellous.
No matter what - he is a capable man and I appreciate him for whatever he is.
If he is not doing anything to reduce poverty in India - well then it is his choice, but you can definitely let him know "Mr SRK please use your popularity in a good way and reduce poverty and disease in India"
Folks - all the starts do have "value" When I say stars - they are public figures, right from mucisians to television anchors to actors or ramp models or anyone - they are what they are because of their destiny, so just because they cannot code or hold a sthethescope, does not mean they are bad.
In fact The then president of the US applauded 'Bill Pullman" for his fascinating speech in the Independence Day movie claiming he did something marvellous.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
ajthakur
07-15 02:32 AM
I filed for 485 during July 2007. My 140 was already approved. Due to some problems I quit my employer in August 2007. My previous employer was a desi blood sucker. I was fed up & decided to quit after working for him for 3 years. I applied for H1 transfer with a new employer based on approved 140. I got H1 approval for another 3 years. Currently I am working for the new H1 sponsoring employer. I also received an EAD card based on pending 485 for one year. I didnt notify USICS of job change in July.
I applied for EAD extension this year. The application for EAD extension is pending. I got a following RFE on my 485:
Please state whether or not you are currently working for your I-140 petitioner.
You must submit a currently dated letter from you permanent employer, describing your present job duties & position in the organization, your proferred position (if different from your current one), the date you began employement & the offered salary & wage. The letter must also indicate whether the terms & conditions of your employement based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.
I am not in good terms with my previous employer so I cant ask him for a letter. I can ask my new employer for such a letter.
Also is it possible that 140 was revoked by my previous employer?
Why did they send a RFE instead of NOID in my case?
I applied for EAD extension this year. The application for EAD extension is pending. I got a following RFE on my 485:
Please state whether or not you are currently working for your I-140 petitioner.
You must submit a currently dated letter from you permanent employer, describing your present job duties & position in the organization, your proferred position (if different from your current one), the date you began employement & the offered salary & wage. The letter must also indicate whether the terms & conditions of your employement based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.
I am not in good terms with my previous employer so I cant ask him for a letter. I can ask my new employer for such a letter.
Also is it possible that 140 was revoked by my previous employer?
Why did they send a RFE instead of NOID in my case?
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
ramus
07-04 10:57 AM
I noticed that too but I thought may be they just putting rough nuumber and not exact..
But you are right there were 3,185 highest ever..
The following from IV's press release is incorrect. The max # is 3,185
The group's website has reported a record hit of 2,500 concurrent users since this morning.
But you are right there were 3,185 highest ever..
The following from IV's press release is incorrect. The max # is 3,185
The group's website has reported a record hit of 2,500 concurrent users since this morning.
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
nixstor
07-03 04:14 PM
Wrote to Jennifer Ludden at NPR who regularly reports on immigration
email addresses are first name initial followed by lastname at npr dot org, if you would like to write
email addresses are first name initial followed by lastname at npr dot org, if you would like to write
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
bajrangbali
05-01 02:16 PM
Guys..as many of you have heard..Sri Lankan government has led an offensive against LTTE over the past few weeks and both sides have accused each other of killing civilians. And all countries have called for restraint on both sides and stop killing civilians.
UN confidential report which came to light shows the SL government bombing the safe-zone they allocated for civilians since the offensive began. For the first time, besides each side accusing each other of the civilian killings there is some proof regarding who has done what.
It is a shame India does not act to protect the interests of its citizens even after this news came up.
We may be busy with our own issues here..economy, immigration, family, job-stress...the least we can do is bringing to light what is happening to fellow Indians elsewhere in the world..
No politics can justify killing of innocent people...if congress and India can not get over themselves and help fellow Indians..the day we can claim to be atleast a regional power if very far away. Heck, even USA is trying harder than India by using its muscle to block billions of dollars of IMF funds to SL for not caring about ceasefire.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6206708.ece
UN confidential report which came to light shows the SL government bombing the safe-zone they allocated for civilians since the offensive began. For the first time, besides each side accusing each other of the civilian killings there is some proof regarding who has done what.
It is a shame India does not act to protect the interests of its citizens even after this news came up.
We may be busy with our own issues here..economy, immigration, family, job-stress...the least we can do is bringing to light what is happening to fellow Indians elsewhere in the world..
No politics can justify killing of innocent people...if congress and India can not get over themselves and help fellow Indians..the day we can claim to be atleast a regional power if very far away. Heck, even USA is trying harder than India by using its muscle to block billions of dollars of IMF funds to SL for not caring about ceasefire.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6206708.ece
samay
08-07 12:27 PM
Hi
Is it ok to work part time (say 10 hrs a week) for a different company using EAD, while working for a primary company on H1B ?
Thanks
Yes.
Is it ok to work part time (say 10 hrs a week) for a different company using EAD, while working for a primary company on H1B ?
Thanks
Yes.
Michael chertoff
06-02 11:09 AM
You are so right that ss may not be there when we need, so we should raise voice today and fight for ourselves. We pay 40-45% of our hard earned money in tax, SS, medicare, insurance, etc. and then pay another 30% in housing... what left for us ? 25%??? is that what we work for ? even if you have your own paidoff house govt. want house tax 1-3% of current value of your house every year... what the heck. all this when we even don't get fair share of job market?
we must raise voice for NO SS, Medicare for H1b/EAD exactly same way as they say in job positing NO H1b/EAD - ONLY US Citizen/Green Card nee to apply, then yes ONLY US Citizen/Green Card holder need to pay SS + Medicare.
You are correct my man...:)
MC
we must raise voice for NO SS, Medicare for H1b/EAD exactly same way as they say in job positing NO H1b/EAD - ONLY US Citizen/Green Card nee to apply, then yes ONLY US Citizen/Green Card holder need to pay SS + Medicare.
You are correct my man...:)
MC
No comments:
Post a Comment